Sign in to follow this  
Salted Diamond

Ship card holders, What do you use?

What are people using as card holders?  Squadron cards are standard size and the 3X3 pages are easy to come by, but I have not really been able to find much for the ships cards.  Would be really interested what others have found or come up with for solutions.

This is a solution for people with a lot of stuff and will cost $60. Two zipper three holder punch binders with pages doctored for flipping through. Get binders through Amazon. Get the nice faux leather one with solid rings and place them onto of each other in opposite ways so that stack and don't slide off. Top is then flat and place the new untra pro binders that have 18 slots per page for the upgrade cards--another twenty for $80.

I put all my ship cards in 3x5 ultra pro holders front to back. Side A is for one version of the ship and the other is for the other version of ship/Squadron. I put them in bcw pages that have three sections per page. Put in binder with zipper and remember which way is up and tap down on binder before opening. The bottom two just run a piece of scotch tape across the top--not all the way because you want to get your fingers under the tape to open the slot up. The top one gives you no place to tape so you need cut a slot out op the front flap in the middle that is 1" wide by 1/2" deep. Cover the cut slot with a piece of scotch tape. It kinda of works like a button.

For the Squadron and objective cards, I cut a slot in the middle of each one a 1" wide slot 1 1/8" deep in run tape from one side of the slot to the other. I use the bcw pages that have 4 sections per page.

Any questions PM me.

Soooooooo yeah, I obviously missed it.  That's what I get for 'scanning' the page.  Looking back, it's actually on there twice.  First day back to work and normal life after Spring Break... I'm obviously still only semi-functional.   :rolleyes:

Yes, I've seen them. Thicker than the ultra pro and wish I had them instead of the 9 pocket with two sharing each pocket. They are easier to get in and out on the 9 pocket, but they have a tendency to want to slide out unlike the 18 pocket. The 18pocket holds them firm.

There are now binder pages available for the upgrade sized cards. They are sixteen-pocket pages. 

http://www.bcwsupplies.com/new/pro-16-pocket-page-20-ct-pack

Forgive me if I missed it on that page, but do you know if these pages fit sleeved cards?

Forgive me if I missed it on that page, but do you know if these pages fit sleeved cards?

I have some of these. They do fit sleeved cards, but (with the FFG sleeves at least) it is very very tight. Half the time, when I am pulling a card out, I get just the card and the sleeve stays in the pocket and has to be retrieved seperately.

There are now binder pages available for the upgrade sized cards. They are sixteen-pocket pages. 

http://www.bcwsupplies.com/new/pro-16-pocket-page-20-ct-pack

Your question has been covered at this point. I have not tried to fit sleeved cards in the ones I have. 

The FFG forum to the rescue! I just made my first Armada purchase and was wondering how to deal with the ship cards, as the Tarot Card size is an odd one to say the least. The four pocket pages seem to be a decent fit. I mix and match the different pocket pages (9 for ship cards, 16 for titles and ship specific upgrades) for my X-Wing cards. The goal being to put anything specific to a particular ship all at the fingertips to help with squad building. These four pocket pages will allow me to continue in this fashion for Armada.

I went to an arts and crafts store and found photo/scrapbooking sleeves that hole a 6x4 on the bottom of the page and wallet size photos on the top. My ship cards are in the big slot and he tittles go in the wallet slots. One version of the ship on the front and the other on the back since the are double sided