Sign in to follow this  
Okapi

4-LOM builds

Anyone do anything interesting with this guy yet? I thought I'd try him out alongside Palob, but I'm not entirely sure how to kit him out. A way to self stress seems sensible, and the most obvious choices are Push the Limit and Opportunist (the latter having some synergy with Palob). Adding the title and Beam is probably a good idea seeing as its only a single point, and against generics (and Guri) the roll might be useful.

How about system and crew? With PTL Dengar becomes less of a necessity, but how about Gonk? Boba?

Or maybe dropping all of that and just run a 30 point build with Zuckuss, Mist Hunter and Crack Shot?

I do have a list with everything scum I want to try for wave 8. It has the uber-boat, cloaking Palob and 4-LOM in a mobility setup.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!125:49,162,122,145:-1:-1:;174:19,126,136,38,121,-1:-1:25:;168:170,174,43,-1:28:-1:u.144&sn=Wave%208%20test

I'll see how he performs, but it looks like this is a place where 4-LOM can easily be judged the least dangerous ship and therefor be free to do a lot of work.

Gonk, FCS, Push, Engine Upgrade.

Every turn, Gonk/Evade or Gonk/Arc Dodge, or Double Arc Dodge.  Rely on FCS for attack power. Stress people down whenever possible, obviously.  I'd even keep a wingman near him early on so in the opening volleys you can still Gonk/Evade and pass his stress off.

Wired doesn't really work with Zuckuss, since his ability triggers after you've already shot. It does give you a defensive re-roll, but is it really worth it with only one die?

Love the Gonk idea, although Engine upgrade does seem to make him a bit pricy.

Yeah, it's not an 'every turn' thing, but often you'll still be stressed from your dial, or you'll want to use Zuckus on two of your opponent's rolls, that kind of thing. Of course it also works on your defence as well which is okay.. ups the odds a little bit anyway.

Maybe Adaptability and FCS would be worth an extra point though.

Edited by __underscore__

I'm experimenting with the below build

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!168:140,174,36,128:28:-1:u.144;135:55,-1,145:-1:8:;105::17:1:U.23&sn=Nutcracking%20Trio

So far it went 3-0 in casual play against brobots, palpaces and three imp aces. Though I would say with the amount of RNG factors in this build, it might soon fail very hard.

VI FCS Zuckuss Misthunter is about the most effective I can imagine

Zuckuss sets up very easy stress for a really good benefit (And for cheap!), VI offsets the hunter's squishiness as much as possible by letting you shoot before IGs and with the Inquisitor, FCS is needed for full modifiers and Misthunter has high  PS roll and T-beams for fun and troll

Just played the build I posted earlier and I while I just love Advanced Sensors FCS would have been better. Other than that its a pretty awesome ship!

Edit: Some insights from these games: 4-LOM and the Mist Hunter are cool, but fragile (big shocker, I know). Can't really afford mistakes. Cloaking Device is hilarious just for the sheer randomness of it. Nevertheless it is incredibly usefull for Palob and I wouldn't play him without it. U-Boats wreck stuff, but so do GC Bombers (different game). Chopper shreds things. I lost two games to him backed up by Jake Farrel and with Ezra in the Phantom (who was never deployed). That 4 autodamage combo is scary actually works.

Edited by Admiral Deathrain

I ran him kitted out like:

4-Lom
Atanni Mindlink

Sensor Jammer
Dengar

Palob
Atanni Mindlink
Zuckuss
TLT

4-Lom usually had a focus/evade and then Zuckuss would give him stress through the mindlink if he was in range 1.

Palob Godalhi (20)
Opportunist (4)
Blaster Turret (4)
K4 Security Droid (3)
Feedback Array (2)
Hull Upgrade (3)
Moldy Crow (3)

4-LOM (27)
Opportunist (4)
Dengar (3)
Sensor Jammer (4)

Torkil Mux (19)
Dorsal Turret (3)
Greedo (1)

Total: 100
Edited by CheapCreep

There's a few I've wanted to try:

Zuckuss crew, VI, title. 

Stay on Target with either outlaw tech (to get a focus) intelligence agent (to use SoT and land in the right spot)

PtL, tactician, title to double stress people.

VI, saboteur, title, EI. Barrel roll into range 1 to activate both 4-Lom's ability and saboteur (hey, I found use for saboteur). 

4-Lom is what makes this ship exciting for me.

I ran 4-LOM with opportunist, sensor jammer, Gonk, mist hunter.

I had Palob and Manaroo as well.

4-LOM evades or gonks, manaroo passes him focus and TL, Palob steals a token from the target, which gives manaroo a focus back (via Attani mind link). Then 4 loco opens up with a TL/focus 5 dice primary on a defenseless target. Then thank them for the good times and give them a stress, just a little forgetmenot.

I did that to Corran last night. Only I couldn't put the stress on him as he was too busy being one-shotted.

4-Lom with Feedback Array, Gonk, and Experimental Interface!

Recover a shield each turn, drop the stress token off on an enemy after a turn in which you auto-damage them with Feedback Array.

Don't use it every turn or else you'll only be able to go straight with constant ion tokens. Sometimes it will be a good shot for your primary weapon attack.

Edited by Vulf

I wanna give this a go as a missile alpha build:

4lom

Fcs

Markmanship

Gonk

Exp interface

Mist and tc beam

Khirax x2 with

crack shot

Homing missile

Chimps

Glitters

4lom you barrel roll or evade and if you are good on health go for the offense with marksman, rerolling any blanks with your tl and converting the rest

Or evade gonk or double gonk to recover.

Edited by strawb3rrypanic

Giving this list a go later today: 

4-LOM

- Mist Hunter

- Tractor Beam

- Experimental Interface

- Gonk

- Juke

- Fire-Control System

- Inertial Dampeners

Manaroo

- Deadeye

- R4 Agromech

- Proton Torpedoes

- Extra Munitions

- Guidance Chimps

- Boba Fett

N'Dru

- Lone Wolf

- Cluster Missiles

- Cloaking Device

Probably not hideously competitive, but I need to try these fancy wave 8 things out. Generally middling PS, so I guess I'll have to put my blocking skills to the test if I run into Soontir or Poe, but with cloaking, rolling and a huge toolkit of tricks I should give generics a run for their money. The plan is to use 4-LOM as my tank, gonking every turn, rolling and evading when necessary, hand out stress and rely on FCS and Juke for the offence.

N'Dru will run up the flank and try to get off a shot with his missile. Manaroo will start out as torpedo boat, hopefully finishing off any ship hit by 4-LOM or N'dru (or at least removing their most usefull upgrade), and then start handing over her tokens whenever any of the others have a better shot than she does. At PS4 and with a large base she'll also serve as my main blocker against the aces.

Wow....I've not really thought about 4-LOM too much, but reading this gives me a lot of crazy ideas.  Good stuff!

Right off the bat, I thought about Zuckuss crew with him, as that is thematic and works really well.  Not really sure on the rest of the build.  Maybe title, VI and FCS?  

The title works great because you get the Barrel Roll for repositioning.  I would think FCS would work with a build with the title as you are spending your action to Barrel Roll that you get the TL to shoot.  

Push The Limit with title is also a really good thing.   I mean, you can BR and something else.  You can Focus and Evade for those times you are in the cross hairs.   Then, toss out the Stress.  

Inertial Dampeners is not a bad option for an Illicit.  Hot Shot Blaster is also not so bad for those arc dodgers, especially with Zuckuss.   Feedback Array is a good option, especially with Gonk.  

On any build that FCS isn't required, I might recommend Sensor Jammer.  It will help keep the ship afloat.  

When I was thinking of what types of ships would go with it, I was thinking of Kihraxz Fighters and Scyks.  So, I was happy to see Grivoire's list.  Why?  Well, something agile that can help deal with arc dodgers.  The Kihraxz has a sharp 1 turn that can help and is pretty capable of damage.  Talonbane can go late and maybe catch someone in ac.  I know the Scyk is considered bad, but what about Serrisu with VI and maybe something like Tractor Beam?  She can stay near and cover 4-LOM's flanks, but also give out her bonus.  

I would also think the Jumpmaster might work well to cover flanks with S-loops and 360 turrets.  

A lot of people are saying the Misthunter won't be viable because it's a B-wing and B-wings are not good.  You can't spam a lot of G-1A and therefore it's not a good ship.  I think that's the wrong way to look at it.  Scum doesn't seem to be a faction that requires you to take all the same of one ship type.  It works better when you take a lot of different types of ships.  So, I see either 4-LOM or Zuckuss and a bunch of other Scum ship types.  

I've got one that hasn't been mentioned yet:

4-LOM: title, Tractor Beam, FCS, Tactician, Elusiveness(take a stress to force an opponent to re-roll an attack die); 34 points.

The idea is that 4-LOM is a threat because of FCS and tactician so you want to kill him.  Elusiveness re-rolls an attack die before your opponent so it can't be re-rolled by them.  The Title/TB are there to give the option of Barrel Roll.

I'm still working on a list to go with this, but Palob and Latts Razzi come to mind.

Edited by Burius1981

I got third in Swiss at an SC on Sunday with:

4-LOM

Crackshot

Zuckuss crew

FCS

Mist Hunter/Tractor Beam

Palob

Predator

TLT

Moldy Crow

Contracted Scout

Deadeye

Extra Munitions

Plasma torps

Rec Spec

R4 Agromech

Guidance chimps

Worked really well with good positioning. Palob steals a token, 4-LOM hits and uses Zuzkus to force re-rolls and drop stress on the target. Palob TLT's and then the scout beasts the target with plasma torps that have a TL, focus and chimps to modify with.

Cheap and stripped down for me.  VI, Adaptability or Crack Shot depending on the rest of my list, title, zuckuss crew.

Done.

Goal being to troll people at r1, or tractor them into R1 and troll them.  Zuckuss gives a very good chance at being able to gain stress at exactly the time you need to to know when it's valuable.

And I really don't think you want to put many points into these guys, they're too fragile.

I have tried two builds with 4-LOM:

Push the Limit

Advanced Sensors

Zuckuss

Title + Tractor Beam

(which I thought wasn't quite worth the points, but really fun)

and:

Stay On Target

Fire Control Systems

Outlaw Tech

This one was cheaper, and hit harder, but wasn't able to deal with high PS ships and was a bit squishy.  I think the first is worth trying as your "ace hunter" (more like ace stressor) and the second is a good option if you have something much more threatening that you expect people to focus on.

Wired - you don't assign stress until beginning of End Phase

Sensor Jammer

EI

Gonk

Mist Hunter

Cloaking Device

40pts.  Hits hard - Regens - save cloak to run away and GONK if being focused down

Lighter version:

FCS

No Title

No Cloak

35pts

I've tried this...

4-LOM, Mist Hunter, Tractor Beam, Experimental Interface, Sensor Jammer, Wired and Gonk (for 38 points).

...and I like it.

I've flown it 3 times with Dengar (punishing one and other upgrades) but have had trouble flying the Jumpmaster effectively.

I've tried it once with N'dru Suhlak (with Lone Wolf and other upgrades) and 2 Binayre Pirates (with Guidance Chips and Adv Homing Missiles) but the Z95s got burned quickly (against Soontir Fel and 2 TIE/D Deltas with Tractor beam). I made the mistake of not getting 4-LOM involved in the fighting quick enough (I was too concerned in building up shields on Gonk). I may try this build again as I think it may be OK when flown better.

I also want to try the 4-LOM build above with...

Bossk, VI, Guidance Chips, Adv Homing Missiles, Boba Fett, Dengar and Gunner (48 points).

and

Binayre Pirate with Feeback Array (14 points).

I'm hoping this will have a good chance of coping when faced with a number of different builds.