Sign in to follow this  
Jarval

What wingmen to use for a fully loaded Degnar?

I'm fairly certain this (already a standard) Dengar build is something I want to use, but I'm not sure what I want to run with it.

Dengar (33)

Push the Limit (3)

K4 Security Droid (3)

Unhinged Astromech (1)

Engine Upgrade (4)

Punishing One (12)

It's 56 points, leaving me with 44 left to play with.  I'm pondering options, a few of which I've outlined below.

2 Cartel Marauders with Glitterstim.  Straightforward 3 dice jousters, with a little bit of extra action economy via the stims.  No extra manuverability that said, and low PS.

Syndicate Thug with TLT + Unhinged Astromech, and a Black Sun Soldier Z95 with Concussion Missile + Glitterstim + Guidance Chips.  A TLT for some long-range shooting to chip away, and a Z95 to throw a missile at something.  PS 3 to shoot before some swarms, or simultaneous with Contracted Scouts.  That said, low PS target locks are always a problem.

2 Binayre Pirates and Serissu.  This may make the Z95s a bit more durable, or it may just be Serissu being shot down fast.  It's 3 more ships in the list at least...

Kavil with Dorsal Turret + Predator + UA, and a Binayre Pirate.  Kavil's got a bit of firepower, and the Z95 can potentially be a blocker as it's moving first.

Ruthless Freelancer with Mist Hunter title, and a Cartel Marauder.  A decent chunk of firepower, and potential tractor beam shenanigans.

So, any thoughts on these idea, or other wingmen for Dengar? :)

Edited by Jarval

I'm experimenting with IG-88B - I don't think the Brobots need to be flown together to be good and I think 88B might be a good complement to Dengar.  With 44 points you could do B(36) + Mangler (4) + FCS (2) + Autothrusters (2). 

Just an idea :) I can't wait to try mine and see how good/bad it is.

My thinkimg.. Dengar is really mobile. Not Super Dash levels of course but a lot of lksts will struggle to pin him down. Who ever flies with Dengar is likely to be targeted first. Z's, Y's and to a lesser degree K's all dislike being focused.

That got me wondering what annoying ships do Scum have that can contribute but not melt the first time they are looked at sideways..

StarViper: · Guri (30)

· Lone Wolf (2)

Autothrusters (2)

· Virago (1)

Sensor Jammer (4)

Glitterstim (2)

41pts in that format.

Binayre Pirate (12)

• Feedback Array

3 of these still let you take Glitterstim on Super Dengar. A twist on Fat Han, if you miss that.

----------

Ruthless Freelancer (23)

Cartel Marauder (20)

1 G-1A and 1 K-Fighter give you enough firepower to hang with Dengar and a 1-pt bid

----------

Guri (30)

• Predator (3)

• Autothrusters (2)

• Virago (1)

• Sensor Jammer (4)

Standard Super Guri, allows Glitterstim for both, just one or neither for init bids.

------------

These might be the most solid choices until Dengar's place on the meta is determined.

My list is IG88B and Dengar. I'm not a great list builder, but I honestly think this will be strong. I think my Dengar build will be one of the standards. I can see a VI version with a different flavor of astromech and crew as well. Probably as viable.

Dengar (33)

Push the Limit (3)

Bossk (2)

Unhinged Astromech (1)

Glitterstim (2)

Engine Upgrade (4)

Punishing One (12)

IG-88B (36)

Crack Shot (1)

Fire-Control System (2)

"Mangler" Cannon (4)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

I think IG-88B is the best choice. You want Dengar's wingman to be a less attractive target than Dengar himself, so that leaves only IG or Guri. IMO IG-88b is a better choice due to way better offense.

Also, don't forget Adaptability for empty EPT slots.

I was going to say no way its anything but a primary... but FFG has been very specific in the past about what kind of attacks you can use and what kind of attacks trigger a given effect. That makes me think you can respond with a torpedo. because they deliberately didn't say perform a primary attack.

Seing PTL on Dengar makes me sad. His ability screams for that white Sengors to be used! VI is going to be solid, Predator, too. PTL is going to work as well, but it just isn't as cool.

Vi is solid, without doubt, but PtL gives you more options IMO. Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to do a green if you have a stress. Nothing prevent you from doing a white s-loop after PtL if that's the best move.

Ptl on dengar is far and away the most useful

Trick is to use it only to compliment movement with boost+ roll

K4 takes care of full mods with a normal focus action and, unlike kyle, doesn't need stress to work

Vi is worth it IMO if you face VI Poe/Corran and VI Vader often in your meta. Moving last probably allows you to trigger Dengar more often than the second PtL action. Edited by LordBlades

I flew this build and won last night, and it was very enjoyable - it hit hard, but had a lot of built-in defense too.  

Dengar

• Determination
  • Salvaged Astromech
  • Gonk
  • Experimental Interface
  • Punishing One

(53 points)

and 

IG-88B

• Determination
  • Sensor Jammer
  • Mangler Cannon
  • Autothrusters

(47 points)

Gonk with EI was great for rebuilding shields after Dengar took some big hits; IG-88B did relatively consistent damage with the Mangler (though I flew him rather poorly).  The Jumpmaster's white 2 left s-loop is really great.  

I thought of that as well, but I'm having trouble coming with a use for full 12 points. First 6 is easy: Flechette Torps and Glitterstim on Dengar (4 points), then R4 Agromech and Proton Torps instead of Overcharged and Plasma on scout (2 points).

The remaining 6 however I'm at a loss l.Glitterstim on Scout, Boba or 4LOM crew on Scout and a 3 point initiative bid?

I'm also doubting if a Scout with this loadout is really better than ig-88b

Edited by LordBlades

Not sure which Dengar build you wanted to go with, but you can spend the points. It kinda comes down to what torps you want as well. You could go advanced proton torps, but i feel like that forces you to coordinate that torpedo shot with your glitterstem use, which may or may not be optimal. Some scout advantages are turret vs arc, another crew slot (You can't boba on an IG), and Brolls.

Contracted Scout (25)
Deadeye (1)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
Extra Munitions (2)
Boba Fett (1)
R4 Agromech (2)
Glitterstim (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Dengar (33)
Push the Limit (3)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
Extra Munitions (2)
Bossk (2)
Unhinged Astromech (1)
Glitterstim (2)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Punishing One (12)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Dengar (33)

-Punishing One (12)

-Push the Limit (3)

-Engine Upgrade (4)

-K4 Security Droid (3)

-Unhinged Astromech (1)

Total: 56

Trandoshan Slaver (29)

-Engine Upgrade (4)

-Bossk (2)

-Gunner (5)

-Outlaw Tech (2)

-Inertial Dampeners (1)

Total: 43

Total: 99

I figure this could be pretty good. Roll Dengar up with the Slaver following behind. Try and get Dengar to dogfight the opponent's ships in close range while the Slaver sits back a few turns with 0 move and ID to volley shots in place. Could also spend the extra point if you wanted K4 Security Droid on Slaver instead of Outlaw Tech and make it 100.

Edited by RStan

Is Super-Dengar as good as Super-Dash? Dengar is missing the 4D6 HLC turret (of course no donut hole instead) and I feel Dash´s ability is more useful for an arc-dodging turret ship. PS9 is however much better than PS 7 so I guess it´s hard to say.