Sign in to follow this  
sndwurks

Legend of the Five Rings at GenCon 2016

Exactly what it says on the tin.

Who will be going to GenCon 2016? What events do people plan to have while there? Do we want to organize anything as a surviving community?

If nothing else, we should have a get together or a pub night out for the existing community, just to help keep the spirit alive.

So... is anyone going? And what do we want to do?

Wish I could attend the event this year.  :unsure:

If I did attend it, I'd would love to do a variety of different events celebrating the different eras in L5R as a farewell to Alderac's reign.

And some ninja events too.  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

We will have Legends of the Five Rings Roleplaying through Heroes of Rokugan like usual, with a Larp and a Mass Battle on Saturday, and normal tables running the rest of the week.

Events run on a 9 am, 2 pm, and 7 pm schedule most days, and will be in the Hilton I believe, so just a short hop by skywalk away from the main building. 

As per the suggestion over on Kyuden Fu Leng, some of us are looking to organize a bit of a Keeping the Spirit Alive dinner during this time.

Right now, we have settled on a name, and nothing else. Other than it would be something similar to the old Clan Dinners, only all Clans will be welcome. The name we settled on is "Chrysanthemum Festival".

Once we start getting a headcount, we can put some more plans in motion.

So, anyone here want to RSVP?

I know there's quite a few of us staying at the Hilton as usual and I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the clan dinners still happening, particularly the Villain/Spider dinner.

I am attending GC2016, and will attend any dinners as long as it doesn't conflict with any other events I'm taking part in. Which is unlikely as most of my commitments would be during the day.

So yes, I will RSVP, and I believe at least 2-3 of my friends will come along.

We will have Legends of the Five Rings Roleplaying through Heroes of Rokugan like usual, with a Larp and a Mass Battle on Saturday, and normal tables running the rest of the week.

Events run on a 9 am, 2 pm, and 7 pm schedule most days, and will be in the Hilton I believe, so just a short hop by skywalk away from the main building. 

The Heroes of Rokugan Mass Battle and LARP are two of my favorite events at GENCON in the last several years. You should try it out.

I know there's quite a few of us staying at the Hilton as usual and I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the clan dinners still happening, particularly the Villain/Spider dinner.

Where Lapp goes, I go...  :D