Sign in to follow this  
McFoy

"Why would you do that?" card combinations

Blount+Munitions Failsafe is probably the most obvious example.

That was my first thought on something that is completely useless yet people sometime think it should work.

Engine upgrade on anything with boost already.

And there is my next thought.  People sometimes try it thinking it puts Boost on the Action bar twice allowing them to use it two time in a given round.

How about Blue Ace with R2-D6 and Daredevil?  Spend 3 points over the droid (if it take IA) for the ability to execute a 1 turn maneuver as an action and pick up a Stress instead of just using the pilot ability to boost with the 1 turn template.

I'd also say anyone who is using a Stealth Device on a low agility ship instead of a hull upgrade.

Rage and K4 Security Droid, most commonly suggested as a way to boost 4-LOM's offensive power. Rage gives three re-rolls already, so the K4 target lock doesn't do anything useful.

Rage gives 2 Stresses so the one turn you cannot use actions and do a green, you get a TL

Thats all I can see.

Flight instructor.

the one card "why would you do that" combo

I would just like to mention that my HWK with TLT, PTL, Predator, Stealth Device, Glitterstim, and Flight Instructor is all-but unkillable in the Heroes co-op campaign my friend and I are playing.

It's a lot of fun to see 4 TIEs and 3 Interceptors all pointed at her, some at range 1, shrug and pop Glitterstim, and come through the subsequent firestorm with at most one or two damage.

On a HAWK... ;)

(But yes, normally it's an absurdly useless card...)

Rage and K4 Security Droid, most commonly suggested as a way to boost 4-LOM's offensive power. Rage gives three re-rolls already, so the K4 target lock doesn't do anything useful.

Rage gives 2 Stresses so the one turn you cannot use actions and do a green, you get a TL

Thats all I can see.

Yes, but then why are you putting Rage on there? The redundancy for the extra cost on a fragile ship seems a bit strange.

Thats all I can see.

Except that 4-LOM hands one stress to another ship (any other ship) before the end of the round, and then pulls a green to clear the second.  He can then Rage again so K4 does seem redundant.  You've also got Electronic Baffle to drop a stress if you need it.