Sign in to follow this  
McFoy

"Why would you do that?" card combinations

Thought about this last night and I thought it was pretty funny. We'll call this headscratcher "Baffling" 

Any G1A with Gonk as crew, experimental interface & Electronic Baffle. 

First action is gonk then use EI to gonk again and clear the stress with baffle. So you waste your turn and end up hurting yourself but it works.

What combos would you shake your head at if you saw in a game.

I ran a squad for fun the other week. Half was somewhat competitive. Super guri. The other half was me trying to be cheap. 2 thugs with autoblaster turret, proximity mines, extra munitions and unhinged astromechs.

Autoblaster turret is a pretty big joke on small based ships/ships without repositioning actions.

Proximity mines were hilariously effective, though the second use on each ship was easily evaded.

If you took Baffle, EI and PTL, could you do an action, EI to do an ACTION card, Baffle to remove the stress, then PTL to do an Action Bar action, then Baffle to remove the Stress again?

Not sure why you'd want to, but that's another thing entirely.

If you took Baffle, EI and PTL, could you do an action, EI to do an ACTION card, Baffle to remove the stress, then PTL to do an Action Bar action, then Baffle to remove the Stress again?

Not sure why you'd want to, but that's another thing entirely.

I think proper order would be action -> EI -> PtL, then receive 2 stress, at which point you could use the Baffle to clear any, all, or none of the stress.

But yes.

Edited by Sparklelord

autothursters on a punisher.

is actually pretty good

your FCS plasma cluster Redline with extra munitions is 38 points. 4 Black Squadrons with Crackshot is 60. You have 2 points for thrusters

thrusters routinely saved at least 1 damage in all my games with it, and sometimes would save as much as 4-5. You really can't appreciate how many times TLTs roll only one hit until you play against them enough

now, though, it's g-chips all the way :D

I saw a HWK build with Y-wings that had Intel agent. The main problem was that none of his ships could reposition at all. He just got to look at the dial 5 seconds earlier.

He said he just through it on there because he had a point left. I told him next time just use Nien Numb.

int agent has one very select utility with ships that can't boost/roll (or choose not to):

if you have the same PS, you can activate in such a way that you block yourself knowing that your blocked position will, in turn, block the opponent

better to just take ships that can boost/roll and still do that, ofc :P

I never really understood Ysanne Isard on the Dauntless. Every game I see this going wrong at some point. Dauntless becomes stressed, Ysanne can't do her thing. Am I missing something here?

You are missing arc dodgeing into range 1, behing enemy ship. Unless we are talking about dauntless without EU...

I never really understood Ysanne Isard on the Dauntless. Every game I see this going wrong at some point. Dauntless becomes stressed, Ysanne can't do her thing. Am I missing something here?

Before the TFA rules update was released, Dauntless kind of worked like BB-8 or Advanced Sensors. You'd do a green maneuver, bump, trigger dauntless, take your action, get a stress, and then clear the stress. You'd end up stress free and able to trigger Ysanne. 

int agent has one very select utility with ships that can't boost/roll (or choose not to):

if you have the same PS, you can activate in such a way that you block yourself knowing that your blocked position will, in turn, block the opponent

better to just take ships that can boost/roll and still do that, ofc :P

There is another use. After movement, you are in range to TL. Will they be in your firing arc this turn after movement? Will you be in theirs? Knowing where they'll be allows you to make a more informed decision about which actions to take. TL to shoot em this turn, focus to defend against their attack, or TL to set up a shot next turn.

Once got a blue-screen-of-death in my thought processors, when I saw someone post a VI Autoblaster Serriseu.

My first thought was this.
Then I thought some more, and actually found it with a surprising amount of mental utility.

Then I thought some more, got caught in a loop, and took on PalpAces with 3 BlockOrs.