Sign in to follow this  
fishlegs

Ghost and Phantom dial clips

Has anyone else found that the little black bits that go in the middle of the dials don't fit together properly? For both of mine in the pack the female part is too shallow so the clip sticks out 2-3mm from the dial.

I'm not sure if the dial will hold together if I start trimming bits and I don't want to glue them in case I want to take the dials apart for any reason.

Has anyone else found that the little black bits that go in the middle of the dials don't fit together properly? For both of mine in the pack the female part is too shallow so the clip sticks out 2-3mm from the dial.

I'm not sure if the dial will hold together if I start trimming bits and I don't want to glue them in case I want to take the dials apart for any reason.

It's just a friction lock. Sand down the male part (ow)

Ok, done. Now what am I supposed to do about these dial pegs that won't fit.

Please send help...

Ok, done. Now what am I supposed to do about these dial pegs that won't fit.

Please send help...

Mazel Tov.

Hammer.

^

This.

Kinda brutal but the Russian wrench always works :D

I prefer to paint sides of my dials before i assemble them rebel red , imperial blue and scum green looks nice ;)

There's a secret I found to getting dials to fit together without using inhuman amounts of force/hurting your thumbs.

Attach female end to back of dial, where the maneuvers are. Attach front of dial to the female end, in front of the dial back and then place in male end. should fit in snugly and not be a huge hassle.

There's a secret I found to getting dials to fit together without using inhuman amounts of force/hurting your thumbs.

Attach female end to back of dial, where the maneuvers are. Attach front of dial to the female end, in front of the dial back and then place in male end. should fit in snugly and not be a huge hassle.

Yes, I should've said this before.   It seems to be the only way to make it work.  I did it last night for my first new ship....and then bit down on it to be sure.

I usually use the base of my hand and give it a few wacks on the table. I also with scissors make the hole in the dial a tiny bit bigger to stop the dial from being stiff. Insert the scissors (closed) and rotate until it's shaved a little off.

Edited by Spaceman91