Sign in to follow this  
Rogue 4

False advertising : Mist Hunter pack

it is kinda bull. 

I definitely decided to pre order 1 of them anticipating it coming with 2 tractor beams.

Not a huge deal, but at some point someone did decide to change the content of the pack from what it was advertised as, which is, as I said in another thread a pretty lame move on FFG's part.

Or it could be something as simple as a packing error. Don't be so quick to deal out potentially slanderous claims of false advertising too quickly. Did you contact FFG to ask how many cards were supposed to be in the pack? Or did you just jump to the conclusion that you were screwed over by Big Bad CorporationTM?

I ordered ONE Mist Hunter for TWO tractor beams. I am quite pissed off. FFG will be getting a letter/email from me, that's for sure. They should have released the content sheet along with the preview, not just a picture with the wrong cards. Hopefully more people email them. When they run their business only putting one kind of card in one pack (TLT, Autothrusters, etc) then they need to be spot on with the contents people are buying. If they sold the Mist Hunter upgrade cards as a 3.99 booster pack or something, that is one thing. But I was expecting two tractor beams for my squads and Im not gonna buy ANOTHER mist hunter when I dont fly Scum. Lame move on their part.

When they run their business only putting one kind of card in one pack (TLT, Autothrusters, etc) then they need to be spot on with the contents people are buying.

TLT and Autothrusters and mk II engines come in pairs because more than one ship can use them. Two k-wings can use two TLTS. The Mist Hunter title is unique an there for even when running two of them you can only equip 1 tractor beam.

Or it could be something as simple as a packing error. Don't be so quick to deal out potentially slanderous claims of false advertising too quickly. Did you contact FFG to ask how many cards were supposed to be in the pack? Or did you just jump to the conclusion that you were screwed over by Big Bad CorporationTM?

Lame post

When they run their business only putting one kind of card in one pack (TLT, Autothrusters, etc) then they need to be spot on with the contents people are buying.

TLT and Autothrusters and mk II engines come in pairs because more than one ship can use them. Two k-wings can use two TLTS. The Mist Hunter title is unique an there for even when running two of them you can only equip 1 tractor beam.

That... make no sense, man. The K-Wings come with their own (couple of) turrets, so there is no point on packing an extra one because the other ship already comes with everything!

I want to believe that the cards that come in pairs are cards that the designers want to make widespread and be used for whatever reason.

So I guess something led them to think that the game could make more use of Electronic Baffles than of Tractor Beams at this point.

yup, It looks like you get a 2nd electronic baffle.

however in the original spoiler there was 2 tractor beams.

swx41_spread-3.png

So question is was the change intentional and if it was then what factor made FFG decide on that change? Maybe there will be 2 tractor beams in the Imperial Veterans set.

I thinks some might find the reasons to be completely baffling. :P (Sorry had to add in the pun)

Edited by Marinealver

It feels like a last minute change. There makes no sense on including two tokens and only one card, as you cannot place more than one token simultaneously with a single Tractor Beam cannon.

The sense is in the marketing/selling. People are more likely to use 2 TB's than 2 Baffles, ergo you need 2 Mist Hunters if you dont want to wait for the Imp Vets. As for the tokens, I believe a lot of these are just space filler. I mean do you really need 3 50 numbers and 3 51 number tokens?

When I opened mine I immediately checked the contents list, I remembered it was supposed to come with two. After some thought though it's really no big deal to me at this point in the game, how many would you want in a list? It's not like we have a title for a ship to allow us to fire a cannon and primary in the same turn.

swx41_spread-3.png

So question is was the change intentional and if it was then what factor made FFG decide on that change? Maybe there will be 2 tractor beams in the Imperial Veterans set.

The change was probably made because it is not possible to have multiple G-1A's with a tractor beam

Every upgrade they include multiples of can be used by multiples of the same ship.

It feels like a last minute change. There makes no sense on including two tokens and only one card, as you cannot place more than one token simultaneously with a single Tractor Beam cannon.

The sense is in the marketing/selling. People are more likely to use 2 TB's than 2 Baffles, ergo you need 2 Mist Hunters if you dont want to wait for the Imp Vets. As for the tokens, I believe a lot of these are just space filler. I mean do you really need 3 50 numbers and 3 51 number tokens?

Well the idea for the numbers tokens is to put one on the card and one on each side of the peg on the base to ID the ship. I guess two would be enough, one for card and one for base, but one on each side of the peg makes it much easier to read on the mat.

swx41_spread-3.png

The change was probably made because it is not possible to have multiple G-1A's with a tractor beam

Every upgrade they include multiples of can be used by multiples of the same ship.

I guess but that still doesn't make sense because multiples of the same ship will still have multiples of the duplicate card. Sure the 2 K-wings can both take TLTs but that still leaves you with 2 unused TLT upgrades.

You may have a somewhat reasonable theory but it still seems cold to me.

swx41_spread-3.png

I guess but that still doesn't make sense because multiples of the same ship will still have multiples of the duplicate card. Sure the 2 K-wings can both take TLTs but that still leaves you with 2 unused TLT upgrades.

You may have a somewhat reasonable theory but it still seems cold to me.

They did it with autothrusters on the starviper too

All the "medium" sized ships do this

I need to quote myself because I forgot something.. This style is full of arsehattery, dont get me wrong. I will be contacting them too, not because I am a complainer, but to try and get them to be more streamlined in the advertising for future waves. If all previous expansion posts have shown exactly whats in a box, why should people assume the Mist Hunter should be any different?