Sign in to follow this  
Velvetelvis

The model for the GHOST is so big

Not mine. Found on the interwebs

5H02KOe.jpg

This really puts the Decimator into perspective.  While watching Rebels, I always figured the Decimator was bigger than The Ghost.  Reading more about it now, the designers called it "an evil Millennium Falcon".  

...So big it turned the Kessel Run into 24 parsecs.

Seriously, if I was going to fly one of those I'd go down to the local Walmart and buy one of the Hot Wheels Star Wars Ghosts floating around and put THAT on the base instead. Set the original down on my side of the table, say, "I don't wanna be knocking around your ships all the time," and get to rolling dice.

It's TOO big. Beautiful, but too big. Using multiple pegs is an inferior solution, maybe if it came with one of those Huge ship pegs...

I really hate models that go off their base in a wargame, particularly when models might bump into each other but the BASE is the important part. It's a design flaw in miniature sculpting, and while it can lead to beautiful minis it's a PITA for painters who spend hours on one mini only to watch it ram into another mini like a two-year-old was hitting them against each other.

As a side note, now that it's legal to modify ships as long as they're recognizable I'm cutting off the front parts of my Decimator so it stops knocking other ships.

Edited by iamfanboy

5H02KOe.jpg

Hmm... somehow the Ghost always seemed smaller than a YT-1300 in the show... 

But reading on wookieepedia, it is indeed bigger than a YT-1300... 

Looking at the ghost here, and thinking back to the Falcon in the hangar on Tatooine, just boggles my mind... would the Ghost even fit into that hangar? And how massive wouldn't that seem in comparison in that scene?

82.jpg

Edited by OddballE8

...So big it turned the Kessel Run into 24 parsecs.

Seriously, if I was going to fly one of those I'd go down to the local Walmart and buy one of the Hot Wheels Star Wars Ghosts floating around and put THAT on the base instead. Set the original down on my side of the table, say, "I don't wanna be knocking around your ships all the time," and get to rolling dice.

It's TOO big. Beautiful, but too big. Using multiple pegs is an inferior solution, maybe if it came with one of those Huge ship pegs...

I really hate models that go off their base in a wargame, particularly when models might bump into each other but the BASE is the important part. It's a design flaw in miniature sculpting, and while it can lead to beautiful minis it's a PITA for painters who spend hours on one mini only to watch it ram into another mini like a two-year-old was hitting them against each other.

As a side note, now that it's legal to modify ships as long as they're recognizable I'm cutting off the front parts of my Decimator so it stops knocking other ships.

Use one peg instead of two, to make it lower and less likely to bump into other ships.

Or use the huge pegs.

Or use magnets to anchor it to the peg, making it possible to "lean" the model.

Or build your own custom peg that's taller than a double peg.

Hmm... somehow the Ghost always seemed smaller than a YT-1300 in the show... 

But reading on wookieepedia, it is indeed bigger than a YT-1300... 

Looking at the ghost here, and thinking back to the Falcon in the hangar on Tatooine, just boggles my mind... would the Ghost even fit into that hangar? And how massive wouldn't that seem in comparison in that scene?

Be like parking a Hummer in a compact spot.

Cant wait for the ghost! Where the hell am I gonna store that thing though!

Does it come with a huge ship stand? I see that snapping the normal pegs instantly...

Actually, I think it does.

At first I thought the size comparison image here was just someone putting it on a huge peg for comparison, but in the preview on the product page, it does have a huge one.