Sign in to follow this  
Typo

Misssing SKUs 16 & 17

I am assuming there will be 2 more ships in Wave III, because the 2 new expansion packs released to have SKU numbers of 18 & 19.

Where is 16 & 17?

SWM01 Core Set

SWM02 VIC

SWM03 CR90

SWM04 Neb-B

SWM05 AFM

SWM06 Gladiator

SWM07 Rebel squadrons

SWM08 Imperial squadrons

SWM09 Dice

SWM10 Maneuver tool

SWM11 ISD

SWM12 MC30c

SWM13 Home One

SWM14 Rogue and Villains

SWM15 Raider

SWM16 ?????????????

SWM17 ?????????????

SWM18 Imp Assault Carrier

SWM19 Rebel Transports

Edited by Typo

I honestly think that these 2 ships are it.

I feel that people are reaching with this line of reasoning. I understand why, as some are very disappointed by the ships. However, I think the flotilla rules will add significant changes to the game and getting just these ships is a good start for the introduction.

I'm also of the opinion that we will get wave 4 this year also.

What if the missing ones are card packs? :D

Puhleeze!

They're the front (SWM16) and rear (SWM17) sections of the Executor-class star destroyer.

Just remember, you started this...

Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gal

Send me a kiss by wire
Baby, my hearts on fire!

at this rate, I'm going to have to append my signature...

Puhleeze!

They're the front (SWM16) and rear (SWM17) sections of the Executor-class star destroyer.

Each at a very slightly different scale. Because screw you.

It's a SLIDING scale!

The aft section has to be at a different scale because it is bigger. Afterall, at 14" long it would be unplayable. The fore section, on the other hand, is just right at 8".

Puhleeze!

Each at a very slightly different scale. Because screw you.

No, not slightly.  One at 1/7000 and the other at 1/14865.778.  Then have each half be a separate, independent playable ship.  Then folks show up to tournaments with BatlleFoam double bass cases.

BTW, I like how in wave 2 the order of SKU makes no sense whatsoever. So we have wave III with 4 SKUs at minimum! Which makes a lot of sense, with flottillas you can go back to normal squadrons, of which there are a lot that haven't been yet released.

The 2 missing ones could be ships and they could be something like the bases what they did for X-Wing (plus something else)

Please.  This is pretty obviously intentionally designed to reassure the community there's more coming.

To prevent people from rage-quitting?

I think they need to make their entrails a little more explicit.

I seem to recall X-Wing missing a few too. The imperial vets are like 52 if I recall.

Everything is accounted for if you don't forget that the fancy dials have their own SKU's

But one of those SKU's never reached production. The old starfield tiles is one that never reached retail, so it could be an idea that was abandoned or something they can't talk about yet. Or they could have just moved something up in line to be produced, we had SKU's in hand for X wing and later released ships filled holes in the SKU's. Or we could all just be seeing what we want to see....

I reckon there is a reason why Space Rocks were banned. FFG already planned their own miniatures!

SWM16: asteroids and debris expansion pack(with new objectives)

SWM17: XQ5 platform expansion pack(with 2 platform type cards)

I really want a range/distance ruler pack though. FFG already made the maneuver tool pack. I don't have third party rulers where I stay. Please sell it and other accessories FFG!

I really hope you are right. I think miniatures for asteroids/debris/space station would be really great. And we are in dire need of new objectives!

Another guess: We have two SKU numbers left. The announcement sounds like that there will be merely two EXPANSIONS. However, there are other ways to release products for Armada apart from expansions: As we have often heard the Armada core set is considered to be quite expensive. What about a low budget entry into the game. Two The Force Awakens STARTER SETS, one for the so called New Order side and one for the so called New Republic. You can buy one, but need some other player to buy the other side to have a complete core set. This would also be a nice way to introduce new objectives into the game.

Apart from the SKUs theory, the title of the FFG post made me think:

Bigger Battles. Better Tactics.

Flotillas provide better tactics, ok. ¿What about Bigger Battles? ¿Maybe they are rising the total points for the game and adding a couple of ships? Or maybe that´s what they had in their minds but they didn´t in the end....

Also a good point. However, I cannot see how more expansions result in bigger battles. For that we need an increase in fleet points - which is not a matter of expansions - except they woud publish a ship type even larger than the ISD or Home One, which I think they won't.