Sign in to follow this  
exinfris

No Veterans with Wave 8

Perhaps they were confused. There was an article about 6 months stating that the T-70 and TIE/fo expansions were being added to Wave 8. As it turned out they were able to rush those out during the movie hype, so they didn't come out anywhere close together. Maybe they were confused about which release was being tacked on to Wave 8?

Sorry for the disappointment, but now you've got extra time to thoroughly playtest the new stuff!

Edited by Sekac

OP online I have never seen them advertised to be released at same time.  Historically aces are released by themselves as well not with a wave.  Get you should chill and unwedge the wad of panties from your crack.

Imp aces are listed for April/May on Miniature market.  Again that is a very rough estimate on their part.  Hopefully it will occur in that time frame.

Darn. So if i ordered Veterans with wave 8 stuff from miniature market, none of it will ship until veterans gets realeased, right? crap.

AH... you are practicing your patience to be a great Jedi... Excellent thinking!

Same here <-----

I just realized (thanks to this post), that my coolstuffinc preorder had ALL of wave 8 plus the Imperial Vets pack. I just wrote them to see if they could separate the orders.

:(

I ordered both together from a UK FLGS's online store to save on postage, not expecting to get anything until summer.

The UK distributor giving them bad info might explain why they decided to ship my Wave 8 stuff now for free...

In my defense, my local store and it's distributor has been spot on until now concerning release date for X Wing and Armada. So I've had no reason to FFG's site to see what is new, and when it's being released.

So excuse the fk out of me for not being completely up to date on things. Besides, I work 60+ hours a week and don't get a lot of time to troll the Internet.

In my defense, my local store and it's distributor has been spot on until now concerning release date for X Wing and Armada. So I've had no reason to FFG's site to see what is new, and when it's being released.

So excuse the fk out of me for not being completely up to date on things. Besides, I work 60+ hours a week and don't get a lot of time to troll the Internet.

But checking a company's upcoming page is the first thing to do to find a release date and you have time to check with 2 local distributors, but not check a webpage.

I think people just find it a little unfair you jump to blaming FFG when actually, they've done nothing wrong (aside from taking so long to release things!!)

I check with the local store on my way home from work once a week, and the owner calls his two distributors weekly.

So that's where my info comes from.

Granted, I did blame ffg unfairly. But it was due to the faulty info I had recieved.

Yes, I could have gone to their website as everyone keeps telling me, and from now on I will, although I normally don't have time to due to my work schedule.

The only reason I'm even able to post anything right now is because currently the Operating Room here is quite. Normally this time of night I'm dealing with the after results of a drunk driver, or a gun shot victim, or setting the jaw of some woman who's drunk abusive husband beat the crap out of her.

Edited by exinfris

My FLGS gave me a list of x-wing stuff I could order & pre-order from there distributor, which included wave 8, Imperial Veterans and the plastic manoeuvre dials with expected release dates, wave 8 was listed as March/April, Veterans was around August ( I think ).

I guess some FLGS didn't notice the different release estimates.

Edited by Vordyn

I check with the local store on my way home from work once a week, and the owner calls his two distributors weekly.

So that's where my info comes from.

Granted, I did blame ffg unfairly. But it was due to the faulty info I had recieved.

Yes, I could have gone to their website as everyone keeps telling me, and from now on I will, although I normally don't have time to due to my work schedule.

The only reason I'm even able to post anything right now is because currently the Operating Room here is quite. Normally this time of night I'm dealing with the after results of a drunk driver, or a gun shot victim, or setting the jaw of some woman who's drunk abusive husband beat the crap out of her.

I'm sorry, but if you have time to post on this forum, you have time to check a website, or check if information is correct. As a fellow person in the medical field, and one that deals with an ER on a nightly basis, you more then likely have some time to do this even then (hell even if you are a EMT, crisis nurse, or MD). Stop pushing blame onto others when it falls squarely on you.

Hey guys, do you think he might have gotten some bad info?

Yes but information needs to be taken in the context in which it is supplied. The distributor probably has about as much access to production and timing information as we do. So there is a big difference between him saying a date and FFG making any kind of formal announcement.

I get that the OP is disappointed. I am itching to try those new Defender titles in competitive play (as opposed to just proxying them). But FFG never made us a promise on dates.

For what it is worth, my other hobby is railway modelling and it is common for products to be announced up to 3 years before they are available to buy. The record is currently held by the N Gauge class 142 Pacer which was announced in 2011 and is finally expected to be delivered this summer.  :blink:

Compared to that, I can wait a few more months for Veterans.

I'm not trying to poke what's obviously a sore spot, but it really is an important distinction. FFG hasn't advertised an arrival date for Imperial Veterans at all. In fact, they've done the opposite: it's consistently been listed well behind Wave 8 on their "Upcoming" page, and as of right now it's still listed as "At The Printer".

It seems as if you really did get bad information from the distributor. I'm sorry it's been so frustrating for you, but it isn't something FFG did.

What FFG has done, though, is promise a first quarter release date for Imperial Veterans, which leaves them with exactly two weeks to get it out to the shops. Of course, us veteran players know that FFG is notoriously unreliable at best and an outright liar at worst, but it really is unreasonable to expect less seasoned players to know that the company has never ever been able to release on time.

Anyone coming from, say, Games Workshop or Wizards of the Coast, will expect "first quarter" to mean exactly that, not "maybe second but probably third".

Edited by Okapi