Sign in to follow this  
exinfris

No Veterans with Wave 8

Really pissed.

For the last week FFG has been advertising that Imperial Veterans would be released the same day as the rest of Wave 8.

I go into my local game store to pick up everything I need only to be told that FFG has decided to not release Imperial Veterans at this time.

WTF over, are you kidding me!

You get every Imperial player excited that Vets will be released with Wave 8, only to kick us in the face.

What is FFG taking notes from Games Workshop's play book on how to piss off customers?

There has never, ever been any expectation that Imperial Veterans was coming out with Wave 8. FFG has done nothing of the sort. They haven't even shipped it yet, as you can see by clicking on the "Upcoming" link at the top of your screen. If anyone has told you that they did, then they were lying to you and you should be upset with them.

Yeah, someone has been misinformed or is totally mistaken.  As stated above ImpVets has never been timed with Wave 8 releases.

EDIT:  From FFG I should've stated.

Edited by thatdave

I was told by a distributor that Veterans and Wave 8 were going to be released on the same day.

Delivery X-wing models isn't like dusting crops boy.

Without precise information your shipment could fly right over Ukraine or bounce too close to a wharf strike.

That would make your delivery real quick wouldn't it.

*Please note that this was written in jest for all you ragers*

Really pissed.

For the last week FFG has been advertising that Imperial Veterans would be released the same day as the rest of Wave 8.

I go into my local game store to pick up everything I need only to be told that FFG has decided to not release Imperial Veterans at this time.

You get every Imperial player excited that Vets will be released with Wave 8, only to kick us in the face.

What is FFG taking notes from Games Workshop's play book on how to piss off customers?

Bad info is a terrible thing.

So you never heard this from FFG, just some someone selling their stuff?

Really pissed.

Cause you said FFG had been advertising it. Mmhmmm

Maybe not, but I'm not the only one to hear the same thing from distributors.

The owner of the store I went to, as well as the owner of another store a few miles away.

I'm not trying to poke what's obviously a sore spot, but it really is an important distinction. FFG hasn't advertised an arrival date for Imperial Veterans at all. In fact, they've done the opposite: it's consistently been listed well behind Wave 8 on their "Upcoming" page, and as of right now it's still listed as "At The Printer".

It seems as if you really did get bad information from the distributor. I'm sorry it's been so frustrating for you, but it isn't something FFG did.

Edited by Vorpal Sword