Sign in to follow this  
Hastatior

Anyone else dissappointed?

I cant say I was disappointed. Honestly I had no expectations at all. For me model-wise Armada has already peaked. I have no interest in further EU ships or flotillas or anything like that. Rules-wise I think intel, rogues etc is about as far as you could push it before we see models/builds phased out. But that's just me.

Slightly dissapointed. So far. I was hoping for new fighters. Or a fighter card pack. Or maybe one small/med ship each. I/e. Dreadnaught.

But flotillas sound fun. And. I am sure will change everything up.

I am not disappointed, but perhaps underwhelmed. Can't wait to see the fleet point cost. These could really help those running multiple ISDs and MC80s with activation management at least.

I am also surprised that Lambda shuttles were not included. 

And this is not a very update to a game that went 11 & 1/2 months between content updates.

Edited by WhatsArmadaWithYou

If this is all Wave 3 has to offer, consider me worried for the future.

Ehhhh.....I have been saying that for a while. But I think this is just to hold us over until they can bridge the gap to Force Awakens trilogy

Actually, some people happy for an entire year of their lives getting two small little turds in their stocking and then waiting for 2017 if they are lucky and the signal they sent that the game is done in any serious capacity. Same meta for at least 14-16 months.

And people are happy with that. Oh I know why. It is because not enough of you can find players because wave II came so late people lost interest. That follow that delay with the biggest celery of all. Two little drinking things for a year and a half.

What crap.

Lost me as a customer. Ceste la vie.

Admiral is taking down the flag because this game is done for all practical purposes for those of us playing a game a week.

FF screwed us plain and simple with this. If it didn't herald its demise, the two year wait for a complete experience means time to switch gears and let it collect dust for a while. Can't believe so of you people think that a year wait for this isn't the same as getting pissed on. I I know why, you didn't invest 1k and fine coal instead of diamond.

Crap complete crap .

Admiral out. See you in the funny papers.

If this is all Wave 3 has to offer, consider me worried for the future.

Ehhhh.....I have been saying that for a while. But I think this is just to hold us over until they can bridge the gap to Force Awakens trilogy

Why wait for the FA trilogy when there is still alot of Legends ships they could use? They till have plenty to work with.

I. Love how people have to shout to everyone that "they're leaving!" And the game is dead... Blah...blah...

Because you don't like it, does not mean the game is dead. Wow...full of oneself much? Haha...

The game is fine...growing sustainably... Waves will continue and be pleasant sized....

Some people have ridiculous ADD... Back in the day, there was no such thing as "waves". A game came out....ya played it... And had fun. None of this "NO NEWS FOR SIX MONTHS?! THE COMPANY HATES US!"

Breathe..... This is good news.....

I don't understand why the fanbois won't let people be dissappointed...I know FFG could put a turd on a peg and you'd applaud them for it, but seriously, if you look at previous waves you are talking about 5 or 6 SKUs per and then they drop a 2 SKU wave without bothering to explain the reasoning and we are supposed to cheer and assume everything is just fine? 

A little trepidation is perfectly reasonable. Especially given the amount of time between waves. You have to wonder exactly how much work is required to put together a 2 SKU wave considering that a 5 SKU wave seemed to previously take about the same amount of time, so yeah there are question marks...less released in roughly same time frame could very easily mean that resources have been pulled away from Armada and yes that is concerning.

All it would have taken is phrasing the announcement to intimate that this is just part of the wave or including some short sentence about how size of waves was going down but frequency going up.

I don't understand why the fanbois won't let people be dissappointed...I know FFG could put a turd on a peg and you'd applaud them for it, but seriously, if you look at previous waves you are talking about 5 or 6 SKUs per and then they drop a 2 SKU wave without bothering to explain the reasoning and we are supposed to cheer and assume everything is just fine? 

They're perfectly welcome to be disappointed, create numerous rage posts, huff, puff, and blow the house down. I find it all tremendously entertaining.

For certain I hoped (/am hoping) that this is not all we'll see in Wave 3, but it's possible that it is. Even so, I was hoping for these ships to come out, and I'm glad they did.

Nothing wrong with being disappointed.  Nothing at all.

Angry Rants Dropped in Multiple Threads, empty threats about throwing things away or setting things on fire?  Its hyperbole and quite - well - boring.

The Sensationalism of it all isn't even worth its own time.

I'd rather that disappear.

But if you want to be disappointed?  That's Cool.  Only 2 Blister boxes released for Wave 3.  You can feel disappointed.

But don't expect me to swallow the sky falling.  Just as I don't expect you to swallow my rainbows and happiness.

Just if you threaten to pack everything up and walk away.

Do so.

You'll garner more respect from the community for sticking to your values, than you will for pointless ranting.

A little trepidation is perfectly reasonable. Especially given the amount of time between waves. You have to wonder exactly how much work is required to put together a 2 SKU wave considering that a 5 SKU wave seemed to previously take about the same amount of time, so yeah there are question marks...less released in roughly same time frame could very easily mean that resources have been pulled away from Armada and yes that is concerning.

All it would have taken is phrasing the announcement to intimate that this is just part of the wave or including some short sentence about how size of waves was going down but frequency going up.

I'm definitely a fan(not boy older dude) so fan-dult?  Also I can totally see how someone would be a little disappointed if the Wave III output is just the flotillas.

However, I've never been into a miniatures game at all before Armada.  I've previously only been into Video Games so these new things seem like expansion packs/maps on video games.  Those mostly suck really (don't extend the game that much) so what I've experienced so far from FFG has been pretty nice actually

I am only slightly disappointed.

1) This looks like a train wreck. I will most certainly NOT be buying these. Flotillas work fine on paper, but we have the corvette/raider and fighters. I don't see there's room for much of anything in between. If they wanted to introduce the flotilla system, it should have been an upgrade/ship card, in which you buy corvettes/raiders in twos or threes for benefits.

2) By avoiding this wave, I'll be able to get more of the wave2 ships I'm currently longing for.

As mentioned in the other thread, check out the product codes. The flotillas are SWM18 and SWM19 - we still don't have SWM16 or SWM17. There are at least two more products out there that are unaccounted for. While this is a great teaser, and I'm excited to play them, we haven't seen everything for wave three yet, methinks.

Can you start a new thread with this? Everyone's freaking out, and it's a really good spot.