Sign in to follow this  
Hastatior

Anyone else dissappointed?

Is it just me or is anyone else dissappointed that "WAVE" 3 is about as weighty as a booster rather than a full wave?

Is it possible that FFG is afraid Armada is too pricey to get into and keep up with? Are they getting cold feet?

Or is this just a taste of Wave 3? I mean, I need my Prack right?

Not at all here. I think a nice cheap wave is perfectly fine. I care more about what it will do to the game (and it sounds like this will be a huge shake up yet again). If they can get it to us relatively fast (early Q3 is July), I will be ecstatic. The bomber command center alone has me drooling.

Yes.  I get what FFG is doing.  They want me to buy Rebellion, X-wing Wave 8 and Imperials Veterans and the Imperial Assault Bespin expansion.  And I will.

Same here.

Well, except for the Imperial Assault, or any of the Rebel stuff from Wave 8 (though that Ghost looks pretty awesome).

I'll also play Armada a lot less as a result.  

Nope, I'm still good on playing Armada.

I'm rather happy with this.

This means I don't have to sell something to afford a Wave.  Getting Waves in entirety has cost me more than money.

This means I can run on my commission painting business and be happy with it.

The only thing I'm disappointed is, these are pre-painted as they are Ships...

If they weren't, I'd be able to add another Tier to my business...  But alas.  I'll just repaint my own on negotiation :D

Is it just me or is anyone else dissappointed that "WAVE" 3 is about as weighty as a booster rather than a full wave?

Is it possible that FFG is afraid Armada is too pricey to get into and keep up with? Are they getting cold feet?

Or is this just a taste of Wave 3? I mean, I need my Prack right?

It's you.

I'm still thinking we haven't seen it all yet....  Just something about Adepticon ...

A little disappointed if this is all of wave 3. But that doesn't mean anything really.

People were convinced that the lack of an Imperial Epic ship meant that Epic X-Wing was dead, but the truth was it just took them a long time to get something approved by LFL. They may have more they were working on for Wave 3 but ran into issues with LFL approving something.

You have to keep in mind that FFG can't just make anything they want, everything has to be approved by LFL first.

As mentioned in the other thread, check out the product codes. The flotillas are SWM18 and SWM19 - we still don't have SWM16 or SWM17. There are at least two more products out there that are unaccounted for. While this is a great teaser, and I'm excited to play them, we haven't seen everything for wave three yet, methinks.

Yes. At first.

But if you think about it FFG is being really smart. Instead of getting ahead of themselves there taking the time to do Armada right, at a more sustainable pace. Compared to how x wing does their releases, smaller waves would be much better. That way we get new additions in small doses, and hopefully closer to their original projected release date. Plus all of our wallets can survive.

I'm sure they will release more for wave 8, but I like the new structure idea.

As mentioned in the other thread, check out the product codes. The flotillas are SWM18 and SWM19 - we still don't have SWM16 or SWM17. There are at least two more products out there that are unaccounted for. While this is a great teaser, and I'm excited to play them, we haven't seen everything for wave three yet, methinks.

On he other hand, as stated in that thread, this have apparently happened in X-Wing before (where the "missing products" never showed up).

I love it. Now I actually have a chance to play the game thoroughly before even more new stuff comes out. I would really like Armada to have small waves, with lots of time in between.

*Braces for shitstorm*

No I'd like this too except for the lots of time in between.. as long as they were regular and balanced I'd like that much better than 1 huge wave every 6 months.

Edited by Hastatior

Yes. At first.

But if you think about it FFG is being really smart. Instead of getting ahead of themselves there taking the time to do Armada right, at a more sustainable pace. Compared to how x wing does their releases, smaller waves would be much better. That way we get new additions in small doses, and hopefully closer to their original projected release date. Plus all of our wallets can survive.

I'm sure they will release more for wave 8, but I like the new structure idea.

Makes perfect sense.  Knowing that there are players that play multiple FFG Star Wars games.  Throttling the releases seems the best way to ensure they all sell.  In many ways, FFG competes with itself. 

On he other hand, as stated in that thread, this have apparently happened in X-Wing before (where the "missing products" never showed up).

I was not aware of that... fair enough.