Sign in to follow this  
EpicBubbleSA

New Descent App Allows for full CO-OP, do you think this should/will come to IA

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/3/15/road-to-legend/

Road to Legend is a companion app for Descent that promises to revolutionize the way you play. In a traditional game of Descent, up to four players become noble heroes of Terrinoth, wielding powerful weapons and gaining skills as they move through a campaign. Opposing these brave souls is a single overlord player who commands the monsters and forces of evil, using their dark powers to destroy the heroes. 

The Road to Legend app immediately gives you the chance to change these established roles by assuming the role of the overlord player, controlling the monsters and inviting you to explore the dungeon in entirely new ways. At its heart, Road to Legend introduces a fully-formed, cooperative way to play Descent by controlling all of the figures and responsibilities once handled by the overlord player—freeing you and your friends to all play as heroes and defeat the darkness in Terrinoth. 

While descent has been going on for a few years, Imperial assault is still in its infancy so to speak. Given that descent lends most of its mechanics to Imperial Assault do you think a CO-OP only app will work. I would be keen as most of the time because I am the one that owns the game. I tend to be the overlord since I own the game but if an app gives me a chance to hero it out with my friends that would be great.

This sounds really good and is actually tempting me to buy Descent! I can't see why an app of this kind couldn't be used for IA given the similar game mechanics but I'm sure FF won't be working on one for a good many years, it could be a project for a modder/coder to basically reskin the Descent app to work with IA.

I imagine that an app like this would allow for a proper single player mode as well because one player could control the heroes against a good AI.

Personally, I'd love if they created something like this for Imperial Assault. Lots and lots of potential. Whether it is possible .... that's a different question.

Edited by cparadis

I really, really hope they make an app for IA. An automated Imperial player would be awesome, but I'd also just love an official campaign tracker/squad builder.

This, this, a thousand times this!

The android one is great.  See my sig.

I'd really love to be able to play co-op as a Rebel for once.

I really, really hope they make an app for IA. An automated Imperial player would be awesome, but I'd also just love an official campaign tracker/squad builder.

This, this, a thousand times this!

The android one is great.  See my sig.

I'd really love to be able to play co-op as a Rebel for once.

Yes, I've heard glowing feedback about the android app, but I just wish they would port it to be able to work on the iphone.  Or heck, even a simple computer-friendly app or program would be fine.  Speaking on behalf of all non-droid-owning Campaign players here.

I would absolutely adore this! Most times I can barely get one or two other people to play IA, let alone meet regularly for an entire campaign!  I would love the flexibility to be able to have an AI control the imps so that I could play through a campaign for myself.  This had better be happening!

I was at the panel at GAMA and this exact question was asked. His response was " hmm imagine that, that's interesting." It was vague but at the same time it seemed to imply that something similar was in the works for IA.

Awesome, one would assume that naturally it is on their radar given the similarity of the systems.  This app would also increase IA sales given that it is co-op which would in turn help grow the Skirmish community!! Good news all around!  That is of course assuming they have fixed the current model by then.  Or there might just be another thousand people on this forum frustrated.