Volkren

Road to legend

Core is tiles 1-30 isn't it? I haven't seen more tiles needed than that yet.

Yep, for a gameplay standpoint, is fair enough. But theres so many cool new terrains types and tyles in the expasions (sludge, crumbling terrain, etc). Maybe we see some of then in the side quests on the app. My wish is at some point they add a mini campaing for each expansion, using the tiles and features of every expansion.

Of course, I was replying to the person above me who said 27-29 were expansion tiles. I'm pretty sure those aren't.

I'd love to have some shadows of Nerekhall tiles for a random attack of the town or something. I do hope ffg continues to release campaigns and make ones for specific terrains like lair of the wyrm for some dungeons. 

Core is tiles 1-30 isn't it? I haven't seen more tiles needed than that yet.

Yep, for a gameplay standpoint, is fair enough. But theres so many cool new terrains types and tyles in the expasions (sludge, crumbling terrain, etc). Maybe we see some of then in the side quests on the app. My wish is at some point they add a mini campaing for each expansion, using the tiles and features of every expansion.

Of course, I was replying to the person above me who said 27-29 were expansion tiles. I'm pretty sure those aren't.

I'd love to have some shadows of Nerekhall tiles for a random attack of the town or something. I do hope ffg continues to release campaigns and make ones for specific terrains like lair of the wyrm for some dungeons. 

My bad!  My wife's excitement over those tiles caused me to assume...

Looks cool!

My only concern is this image:

rtl_15city.jpg

I'm not sure what these buttons imply:

• Give Hero 1 XP (1 Week * 150 Gold)
  • Wait 1 Week
  • Leave

Presumably, this is the shop screen.  As far as I've seen, there is no concept of "weeks" in the game or buying more XP.  I just hope to dear God that they don't have in-app purchases for coins...

I'm also curious what the other 5 buttons in the corners do.

The weeks portion is only in the tutorial part so far.   Basically it is action point allowance.   If there is a quest that says 3 weeks you can only do 3 actions on the map prior to having to engage in that quest.   So you can do 2 side quests, and 1 trip to town to resupply before having to engage in the main story line again. 

Just finished the first side quest with 2 heroes......... IT KICKS YO ASS!!! Need to keep moving! All in all great fun. Well done FFG!

Now which kidney do I sell to make that content bar full and shiny gold :)

Did you remember to use the 2 player rule that gives each of your heroes a free attack or 2hp heal?

look for it in the rule book if you missed it.

I don t like that we are not able to use secret rooms in app. Why?

I think having secret rooms would add more time to the play session and its better with out them. Plus the app could create the same thing as the secret room deck by having something special happen when you search a green token. I'm sure they are going to do even more with this app in the future so who knows what they will put in it.

Tried the tutorial mission last night, solo, with three heroes. Was good fun, although there were a few confusions.

For example, when it says "add the monster group to this square" and they are all huge, how do you know where to add them, or how many?

But - I loved the ambient sounds, the surprises and the little story - and when you see the full map and get to explore it gives a real immersive feeling that seems to add a whole new dimension to the game.

Looking forward to the full campaign this weekend.

Also, hopefully they will port across the campaigns from the boxed games eventually, or even give us a way to build our own :)

you put them closest to the square they is highlighted, in the end its up to you how you position them if there are options. Just use what you think a OL player would do and don't dwell on it.

if it says to add a group then its a full group for the number of players respecting group limits, but the app usually shows you exactly where and how many models to place. But you should never place more than what the group limit is (back of monster card) unless the app clearly says to ignore limits.

I doubt they will put in existing campaigns due to how different the rules and setup is. We will just get all new content over time with new quests and stories and I cant wait as so far I really like how it works so far. I'd like to see more voice in the app instead of just the intro. Make the unique monsters all have voice overs would be a start.

So far, is the app using tiles from expansions or only monsters?

ive only played one side quest and the tutorial but they both only used tiles from base set but the side quest used one of my lieutenant packs and monsters from expansions. And there were expansion conditions being used.

t0KCtRAvA6w.jpg

Thanks A LOT RtL. Love this game, 10 ignoring group limits/10.

I wound up getting Bol'golth and he parked himself in my way so I was blocked from progressing. I lost this one after getting hit by major peril with direct damage each turn. I didnt utilize the 2 player rule much so thats most likely why it took me too long.

I just want to say I'm loving this app so far. I really like how it handles items and how better items show up based on your "Fame". I love how there was a narrator and voice and hope it gets expanded into more parts of the game. One odd thing happened with a monster activation for cave spiders, with the first action it engaged but was still too far away by only one square so its next move was a retreat which seemed counter intuitive. Also I had a party wipe due to taking too long and the app applying direct damage to everyone. When it got high enough in damage it killed everyone and since all I could do was stand up actions on my next round, which ends your turn, all my guys just died immediately on the next round.

I hope that the map layouts will become more of a random pick from some varied layouts kinda how the POD's have some variety with the exploration cards. With all the map tiles avail I think this could be possible.

One bug I found is if there is a monster activation screen up and you try and click on a monster icon at the right to look up their "info" it wont let you. This is useful to be able to do since you might want to look at that info to figure out what the unique monster is going to do with his surges or other stats while you are in that activation menu.

**my bad the tutorial shows you about the skull icon at the top center of the activation menu, I just forgot about it. I think it could be a little more intuitive to have a little text above it showing "info" or something like that.

Keep up the good work FFG! I look forward to the Steam version asap.

I feel the game needs the option to adjust the difficulty for those out there that feel pigeon holed into only playing the best hero/class combos or feel like they have to not make any mistakes just to have a chance at winning. It could be as simple as just lightening the effects from major peril such as direct damage or how quick it stacks up. There more options the better IMO.

*** I played the same quest again with the same heroes and I did much better. Along with the 2 player rule and the extra attacks or heals and a focus on objectives I was able to get a win. Also the major peril did not trigger. The cave spiders are a bit buggy where they will engage and then retreat in some circumstances.

Edited by oldtimer

Loving the app! Played the tutorial and 1 side mission.

1st Issue: text is very small on an iPhone 6. I imagine the 5 is illegible. The buttons are also small, and that caused 1 problem. I fat fingered the "end turn / KO" buttons and proceeded to fat finger the confirmation. So ended up losing a moral for nothing.

2nd Issue: Peril - I am new to the game, so there may be reasons this happened. Peril got to the point where it told me to damage everyone 14 wounds at the beginning of the last turn. Max health was 12. I had to ignore the last 3 rounds of peril to finish the quest, as it was our groups' first outing. Started ignoring from 8 then 10 then 12.

To explain what was taking us so long, I reread the rules (some sections) and think this might be my problem. I only allowed 1 attack per turn each of my 3 characters, but now see no restriction on using the same action twice. Maybe I'm using the monster restriction against myself.

Another potential issue is the way I implemented the Skirmishers' Dual Wield ability. I rolled the dice from both weapons together (4 total including 2 blue) when I got one X, I considered the entire attack a miss. I could not find anything in the rulebook about how to do this, but was I supposed to roll each single handed weapon against their defense, thus not allowing the double jeopardy on the "Miss"? Any help from you experienced players would be very appreciated.

Kevlar - "New Forum Guy"

One bug I found is if there is a monster activation screen up and you try and click on a monster icon at the right to look up their "info" it wont let you. This is useful to be able to do since you might want to look at that info to figure out what the unique monster is going to do with his surges or other stats while you are in that activation menu.

I am not sure, but as some of the effects and actions of the groups are changed it is also possible that the order of surge abilities change? I haven't tried to test it though...

Old timer, no bug, they state that during the monster activation that you'll need to click on the skull icon that is on the top center of the monster activation screen. The info will pop up and show you the order to which to use the surge abilities.

Looks cool!

rtl_15city.jpg

• Wait 1 Week
  • Leave
Presumably, this is the shop screen.  As far as I've seen, there is no concept of "weeks" in the game or buying more XP.  I just hope to dear God that they don't have in-app purchases for coins...

You win gold thru quest and can use to purchase items at the shop or 'wait a week' to gain xp with the gold. No buying gold. Other buttons are for checking inventory, train, and check your logs. Not sure what other buttons you refer too.

Old timer, no bug, they state that during the monster activation that you'll need to click on the skull icon that is on the top center of the monster activation screen. The info will pop up and show you the order to which to use the surge abilities.

OOOh so there is another skull to click on.. I think having it a skull icon kinda masks the fact its an interactive button, maybe add some text to the button? Why not also allow the skull at the right to trigger the same function as the skull at the top center of activation window for the correct monster group?

Looks cool!

rtl_15city.jpg

• Wait 1 Week
  • Leave

You win gold thru quest and can use to purchase items at the shop or 'wait a week' to gain xp with the gold. No buying gold. Other buttons are for checking inventory, train, and check your logs. Not sure what other buttons you refer too.

You also get gold from wandering thieves on the road where you chase them down etc. And you get some from search tokens sometimes. You no longer get gold from search cards anymore and I don't think you get gold from killing monsters either unless its doing it behind the scenes in the app. ie if you kill 10 monsters vs 20 would there be a gold difference at the end of the quest? what if you win or loose the quest?

Hey guys

While playing the tutorial, I ran across a potential bug in the app.

So before I go on, I have verified more than once that I've only got the base set listed in the collection section (it's all I own).

As I was playing through the tutorial, at one point it wanted me to spawn fire imps (which don't exist in the base set).

Any ideas? I'm not missing something, right?

I bought the game (was on the fence) because the app is so cool!

Thanks!

Oldtimer, I lost the quest but we still got some gold out of it. So guessing I would receive more gold if we had won. I felt we should had won as we killed the boss but the additional peril knocked all the heroes out since we didn't have much health left. I felt we went as fast as we could but perhaps wasted too much time on spiders that keep spawning. Next time ignore the spiders and rush for the boss? Haha

I am loving this! We purchased one of the co op campaign games before this app came out and it made descent both enjoyable and playable for 2 players and it took away one player having to be the OL. This app does all this and more, we are very happy and will continue to play and go update some expansions :)

Since the app came out I've purchased two more H&M packs. Their devious plan is working.

I bought every expansion available in my country (except the "old" coop campaigns)....

Because the translation of the stuff is so slow, I have to wait months before getting Mists of Bilehall.... in that time the next expansion is already available in english.... that means sadly I will never own the "full collection" displayed in the app... :(

(except I buy them in english.... which would be an option if the translation is going to be as slow as of the last few expansions...) ^_^

Just finished the first side quest with 2 heroes......... IT KICKS YO ASS!!! Need to keep moving! All in all great fun. Well done FFG!

Now which kidney do I sell to make that content bar full and shiny gold :)

Did you remember to use the 2 player rule that gives each of your heroes a free attack or 2hp heal?

look for it in the rule book if you missed it.

Of course I did! I think it because I'm usually OL and play more so all have fun send not just to win. Pretty sure th app has no such thoughts