Volkren

Road to legend

I've only fiddled about on this app since my boyfriend and I won't be able to play until later, but I'm really impressed thus far. I *love* that they put voices to the characters, very cool.

Been playing around with the app and now knowing that it uses lieutenants, I really want FFG to come out with a lieutenant miniature for a campaign in the app. Not linked to a physical expansion or come with cards other then it's stats. You know so they can make more money off me...

CONVERSION KIT

It really irks me that Fantasy Flight have chosen to exclude the conversion kit from the Road to Legend app.

Why do they refuse to include it?

I don't think they "refuse", I think they did not because :

- all monster from the conversion kit (D1 in fact) have been remade and rebalanced through H&M boxes

- same for many heroes

- since their stats anre powers are different, it would have been near impossible to balance it

- it's better for FFG that you buy H&M than Conversion kit

And I must say i've got and the CK and all the H&M and if I knew they would do H&M, I would have skipped the CK

Just finished the first side quest with 2 heroes......... IT KICKS YO ASS!!! Need to keep moving! All in all great fun. Well done FFG!

Now which kidney do I sell to make that content bar full and shiny gold :)

Your local game store ( as well as mine) probably has them sitting in the back waiting for the street date to release them.

Hasn't street date hit for that? I got my copy of stewards yesterday.

Then please please please tells us Nanoks' stats and ability!

I've posted over in the wild fury thread.

I don't think they "refuse", I think they did not because :

- all monster from the conversion kit (D1 in fact) have been remade and rebalanced through H&M boxes

- same for many heroes

- since their stats anre powers are different, it would have been near impossible to balance it

- it's better for FFG that you buy H&M than Conversion kit

And I must say i've got and the CK and all the H&M and if I knew they would do H&M, I would have skipped the CK

Which H&M kits cover the conversion kit?

For some odd reason I assumed that this app would link to an account & be accessible from multiple devices to access saved campaigns?
Especially with purchasable campaigns on the way.

I seriously hope the newer content doesn't need to be purchased for each device that you own & run.

It seems reasonable that you would have the purchased content on all you android devices as long as you are using the same account in the playstore. I don't know why you'd expect paid content to transfer across android/apple, though.

It seems reasonable that you would have the purchased content on all you android devices as long as you are using the same account in the playstore. I don't know why you'd expect paid content to transfer across android/apple, though.

It doesn't appear to synch with your play/google account for saved campaigns across different android devices.

Add steam into the mix & it gets even more interesting.

I'm hoping some type of FFG account is created to purchase expansions that can synch across devices.

Or that the new content is extremely reasonably priced (few bucks a pop).

Tried the tutorial mission last night, solo, with three heroes. Was good fun, although there were a few confusions.

For example, when it says "add the monster group to this square" and they are all huge, how do you know where to add them, or how many?

But - I loved the ambient sounds, the surprises and the little story - and when you see the full map and get to explore it gives a real immersive feeling that seems to add a whole new dimension to the game.

Looking forward to the full campaign this weekend.

Also, hopefully they will port across the campaigns from the boxed games eventually, or even give us a way to build our own :)

Tried the tutorial mission last night, solo, with three heroes. Was good fun, although there were a few confusions.

For example, when it says "add the monster group to this square" and they are all huge, how do you know where to add them, or how many?

But - I loved the ambient sounds, the surprises and the little story - and when you see the full map and get to explore it gives a real immersive feeling that seems to add a whole new dimension to the game.

Looking forward to the full campaign this weekend.

Also, hopefully they will port across the campaigns from the boxed games eventually, or even give us a way to build our own :)

As long as one space of the monsters base covers the 'spawn square' you are good, if the tile is full you spawn them as close as you can. And each monster has group limits so unless you are specifically instructed to divert from this you always respect the group limits.

Which H&M kits cover the conversion kit?

All of them, each one with a small part of it. Each box brings 4 heroes from the CK and 3 monsters from the CK.

With them all, you cover the whole. 2 boxes bring 2 new monsters, and some heroes are missing (I'm almost sure that 3 H&M boxes are comming soon)

I looked at the tutorial and a little bit of a side quest.

Do the rest of the quests add in monster interaction with tokens and such? I'm assuming the box campaigns will not be ported due to the app not tracking where monsters are. They could script in token interaction actions for monsters on quests that need them but would it be laborious?

But this is conjecture; as far I know they could already have that as I said I haven't looked too deep into the RtL quests.

We played for a few hours last night and had a blast!  Completed the tutorial, lost one side quest and won another.  I regret not taking a cleric as one of our heroes but we'll see how it pans out.

Great job Fantasy Flight!

So far, is the app using tiles from expansions or only monsters?

I believe we used a handful of expansion tiles in a side quest they were something like tile 27, 28 and 29.

I did feel bad for some fire imps that spawned as a group where they had no business being... They got crushed quickly by my whip of whipping with their 2hp!

Core is tiles 1-30 isn't it? I haven't seen more tiles needed than that yet.

Yep, for a gameplay standpoint, is fair enough. But theres so many cool new terrains types and tiles in the expasions (sludge, crumbling terrain, etc). Maybe we see some of then in the side quests on the app. My wish is at some point they add a mini campaing for each expansion, using the tiles and features of every expansion.

Edited by kraisto