Volkren

Road to legend

I do miss the opportunity to add the heroes and monsters from Descent 1.0 to the App. They already converted them when 2.0 came out, so it should not be a problem. 

As it stands, i can only use a small part of the heroes and monsters i own, which is kinda sad. 

My gaming group really enjoys playing heroes from the conversion kit (with their own stand alone proxies.)  I only have 2 of the 8 Hero and Monster Packs...looks like I am going to have to add those to the collection soon in order to expand the hero selection in Road to Legend.  Really looking forward to play-testing this with the wife tonight!  :D

I don t like that we are not able to use secret rooms in app. Why?

Maybe because there will be more search tokens awarded in normal play, as well as tests and stuff already linked to those tokens (from what I've seen in the tutorial, haven't played more).

Having the secret room also there would be kind of redundant because its basically the same, and would sort of slow down the flow of the game?

Also, the room to room system (by opening the door the next room is revealed) is already very similar to the secret rooms. And on top of that, some of the secret room rewards wouldn't even work in this version of the game.

Descent 2nd Edition- The video game. Get it today!

It's not all, it's essentially the POD games but with something that auto selects the monster action cards and keeps track of your characters progress. It doesn't track characters and monsters on the map or anything else "gamey".

Which is perfect :)

Yes, I was exaggerating. I know it's really just an application designed to really just be an OL UI. 

I'm annoyed that Stewards of the Secret can already be added to 'My Collection', when its not out yet (as far as I know). Which leaves me with a not quite full blue bar, instead of a full golden bar  :(

Your local game store ( as well as mine) probably has them sitting in the back waiting for the street date to release them. 

So.... I looked on Steam. No release for it there yet so far. It's really the only avenue for me of even having a chance of testing it out. Of course, maybe it is on Steam, but not under any keyword Searches yet.

So.... I looked on Steam. No release for it there yet so far. It's really the only avenue for me of even having a chance of testing it out. Of course, maybe it is on Steam, but not under any keyword Searches yet.

It was my understanding that the Steam version is still in development, and would be released later, after the IOS and Android releases.  So, not today.  Unfortunately.  Also, no target date either.

Your local game store ( as well as mine) probably has them sitting in the back waiting for the street date to release them.

Hasn't street date hit for that? I got my copy of stewards yesterday.

Then, there ya go.

I wonder...if one does not own the Hero and Monster Collections, but does have the Conversion Kit, could you simply add the Hero and Monster Collections to your "Road to Legend" collection to make them accessible?  I know there are usually variations from the Conversion Kit Heroes and monsters to their Hero and Monster Collection upgrades. One could simply improvise on the fly, and use proxies where need be.

I may have to test this...

You could hypothetically do this, but there would be a few issues. Specifically, monsters which have different abilities, actions, or base sizes than their CK versions would be problematic. Because the app does not track hero health or things like heroic feats, the heroes wouldn't be an issue (although the heroes which have not been released via hero and monster packs currently have no way to be included in the app.)

Overall, it's just more difficult to keep track of. If you don't have minis, that makes it a lot harder- because unlike the normal game mode where you know the monster groups at the beginning, the app uses hidden groups. There is no guarantee that if you use harpy figures as proxies for razorwings that the harpy group won't also show up in the quest.

Edited by Zaltyre

Then please please please tells us Nanoks' stats and ability!

Edited by UmarSlobberknocker

Anyone knows if the campaings already out there are going to be avaiable in the app?

The only ones that could be would be the Co-op expansions (Forgotten Souls & Nature's Ire.)  I haven't heard word about it, although if those two are listed in the "pick your expansions" list, then I can only assume that adding them would draw on the rooms from those expansions to make them part of this game.

The "vs campaigns" that come which each box expansion are fundamentally incompatible with the co-op system, which the app appears to use.  They were also built with an OL in mind, and since the app can't do nearly the same stuff a human OL could do, integrating them into the app would be impossible.  (It would require a fundamental rewrite, at which point you're not really integrating the old campaign so much as writing a new one with similar themes.)

I wonder...if one does not own the Hero and Monster Collections, but does have the Conversion Kit, could you simply add the Hero and Monster Collections to your "Road to Legend" collection to make them accessible?

I intend to find this out "the hard way" myself.  I have all the 1E figures, so proxies aren't a concern, but I will be using the CK versions of the heroes and monsters, so I'll probably have to wing it with some of the monster instructions for those monster types.

My plan, such as it is, will be to replace any reference to a "new" ability that I don't have rules for with a "best fit" ability from the CK version of the monster.  We'll see how that goes.

Heroes probably won't be an issue at all, as Zaltyre said.

If you don't have minis, that makes it a lot harder- because unlike the normal game mode where you know the monster groups at the beginning, the app uses hidden groups. There is no guarantee that if you use harpy figures as proxies for razorwings that the harpy group won't also show up in the quest.

True, it makes proxying with other Descent minis a bit risky.  Hopefully, though, people could still get by using proxies from other games, or in the worst case scenario, paper standees of some kind.

A friend of mine just installed an Android emulator and downloaded the app, everything was working properly.

Which  Android emulator did he use ? Waiting on the steam version I tried 3 emulators today but the app didn't start at all :(

Descent 2nd Edition- The video game. Get it today!

It's not all, it's essentially the POD games but with something that auto selects the monster action cards and keeps track of your characters progress. It doesn't track characters and monsters on the map or anything else "gamey".

Which is perfect :)

Yes, I was exaggerating. I know it's really just an application designed to really just be an OL UI. 

I'm annoyed that Stewards of the Secret can already be added to 'My Collection', when its not out yet (as far as I know). Which leaves me with a not quite full blue bar, instead of a full golden bar  :(

Yeap...I am in the same boat.  Missing just that one which is listed as "Shipping Now" on FFG upcoming page.

I had Stewards of the Secret on my Amazon wish-list, but now Amazon is saying it is no longer available (along with all other FFG pre-order items).  Did FFG finally pull the plug on Amazon?  If so, that really stinks as I don't have any local game stores that stock FFG expansions.

The current release date is May 26th.  So you must of pulled some serious shenanigans to get it two weeks early  :P