Volkren

Road to legend

I am close to believe that the commnity scared the **** out of FFG when they read all the expectations :o !
FFG : Hey guys why not launching an app ? Yeah a quick and dirty version of our coop...easy money you know.
Community : Wow ! awesome ! the app will do that and that ! and it will toast my bread and fry my eggs :D

FFG : mmh...well guess will have to push a little further the developpments...lets postpone release date guys !

It sucks, cause my roommate and i went out and got descent after hearing about the app since we cant play it without it.  And we have a brand new copy of the game and no way to play it till the app gets released.

I am close to believe that the commnity scared the **** out of FFG when they read all the expectations :o !

FFG : Hey guys why not launching an app ? Yeah a quick and dirty version of our coop...easy money you know.

Community : Wow ! awesome ! the app will do that and that ! and it will toast my bread and fry my eggs :D

FFG : mmh...well guess will have to push a little further the developpments...lets postpone release date guys !

Do you believe they really read this?

I do in fact believe based on my own experiences on these forums that FFG does read them. From quest vault bugs reports to rules responses to seeing usernames of FFG employees at the bottom of the page (..."you and this user are currently reading this thread...") it is clear to me that FFG sees these forums.

Do you believe they really read this?

More fitting question (IMO): Do you really think they don't have enough experience with not "meeting the expactations of their customers"?

I mean FFG is long enough in business to know, a company can't deliver EVERYTIME what EVERY customer expects...

Edited by Kaisho

It sucks, cause my roommate and i went out and got descent after hearing about the app since we cant play it without it.  And we have a brand new copy of the game and no way to play it till the app gets released.

Listen friend, I get that what you guys want is a co-op experience, but when I can't get my group together my sister is always down to play. We've done all the mini campaigns and the shadow rune campaign 1 vs 1.

If you're really itching to get into the game do yourself a favor and try being the Overlord in a few encounters. It is a really fun part of the game. It will also help you guys practice for when the co-op comes out.

And if you really can't fathom playing versus (still loads of fun) go to your FLGS and get a copy of the PoD Co-ops, I'd suggest starting out with Forgotten Souls. Don't buy Dark Elements unless you already have the Lair of the Wyrm mini expansion as it's required for that particular co-op.

Its not just a coop experience im looking for and as far as being the "overlord" after being stuck as the keeper in mansions of madness literally everytime me and my old group of friends would play i no longer wanated that responsibility and my roommate has made it clear he's not in it to work against each other.  So as much as that part is in fact very much a part of the game what we want is a coop adventure dungeon crawl with leveling and loot.  The game was purchased after the announcement since it is a game i have seen played and has very much excited me to play.  The coop version is all we're wanting after playing through we fully intend to purchase the expansions and look forward to many many more hours/days/weeks/months of gameplay from this universe.

Today is 30 april!!!! No news?

Yes, they posted to instagram a few days ago and said it would be a "few more weeks".

They have been saying that since mid-March, so presuming a few weeks in FFG land means at least a month, we are probably realistically expecting it around June time.

they should also post to their official site, not just one of the many social networking sites.

anyway, looking forward to the app (and the normal additions to the game).

I'm in Australia - It's the 2nd of May.. Does this qualify as 'Late-April' yet?

In my role, I understand App Store approval and development delays, but I at least inform my customer base.

In my role, I understand App Store approval and development delays, but I at least inform my customer base.

Didn't they post on the 28th that it would be a few more weeks? That puts the release into mid-May at best and is them informing a part of their customer base. Now of course I would agree, a news post here on their website would have been a better way to handle it, but that is just my opinion. :D

Didn't they post on the 28th that it would be a few more weeks? That puts the release into mid-May at best and is them informing a part of their customer base. Now of course I would agree, a news post here on their website would have been a better way to handle it, but that is just my opinion. :D

Nothing official on the website to announce any changes to delivery dates, no updates, changes or addenda to the original articles =(

The only update that's been spotted 'in the wild' was one sentence via social media between the poster and whoever returned that question.

I'll bite my lip, promise not to complain and still buy from FFG but the key word for the marketing department should be 'communication'

______

Original Article was 15th of March stating a 'few weeks' , Second Article/*sneak peek* 30th of March said the same thing  - It's now the 2nd of May.  

One more day and we enter the 7th Week since first announce -- That's more than a 'few'

Edited by mattflow

Nothing official on the website to announce any changes to delivery dates, no updates, changes or addenda to the original articles =(

Oh I do agree 100%. I think it is sad how many game companies seem to believe that they need only communicate through Social Media. That semi-official posts are enough. WotC even closed down their official forums because they believe their tweets are enough. If it were up to me, official news would be posted to the official website. But it isn't up to me. And I think to ignore what little news I get just because they didn't package it the way I want is a waste of my time and energy. Clearly that one answer seems to fit the situation I see, no app yet. So given the situation, I will not expect anything for at least a couple of weeks more. Setting my expectations this way allows me to stay at least somewhat sane. :)

Let's "defend" FGG:

- maybe they are doing a lot more tests to avoid easy bugs

- maybe they are adding a lot of new functionalities on the basis of our comments here and there

- for sure they want to launch the app at the same time for android and iOS and you know that Apple .... Maybe they already asked for publication and they asked for more testing

BTW, FGG why aren't you telling us what's happening????  :D

Edited by tibia

Its not just a coop experience im looking for and as far as being the "overlord" after being stuck as the keeper in mansions of madness literally everytime me and my old group of friends would play i no longer wanated that responsibility and my roommate has made it clear he's not in it to work against each other.  So as much as that part is in fact very much a part of the game what we want is a coop adventure dungeon crawl with leveling and loot.  The game was purchased after the announcement since it is a game i have seen played and has very much excited me to play.  The coop version is all we're wanting after playing through we fully intend to purchase the expansions and look forward to many many more hours/days/weeks/months of gameplay from this universe.

Oh I know the feeling friend, I'm not a very good Dungeon Master and I always got stuck with the role in high school since I owned the books. Same thing with Hero Quest. If I couldn't talk my dad into doing it I'd have to be the Evil GM! :P

Do try to look into at least getting Forgotten Souls, the app should be using similar mechanics and it will let you and your roomie get a taste of whats to come. I've also seen some good player made co-ops over on boardgamegeek.

Let's "defend" FGG:

- maybe they are adding a lot of new functionalities on the basis of our comments here and there

- for sure they want to launch the app at the same time for android and iOS and you know that Apple .... Maybe they already asked for publication and they asked for more testing

I'd rather have a polished, working app than a rushed out the door stinker.

But since I was very much looking for a dungeon crawler when I bought this game, have enjoyed the 3 released co-ops and a few of the fan made ones so far... I'm eagerly awaiting release!

They got us on the hook already, they can afford to let us dangle a little while longer it seems.

Let's "defend" FGG:

Probably some points are more true, but dont hurt release some new information. But FFG always do that, they only give two types of information, one stating that the product is under development (with some previews) and another stating that the product came out, with no deadlines.

They really need a better way to communicate with the consumer base to keep the interest alive, and a better statement than " incoming in just a few weeks" :P.

Let's face it, FFG only ever gives rough estimates on their release dates and since this is not even one month off their projection, there is no need to get angry.

I'm sure FFG will release another preview before the end of march may giving a new release date.

edit: edited the correct month, ty lazydragonAR

Edited by DAMaz

Let's face it, FFG only ever gives rough estimates on their release dates and since this is not even one month off their projection, there is no need to get angry.

I'm sure FFG will release another preview before the end of march giving a new release date.

March??????

I'm sure FFG will release another preview before the end of march giving a new release date.

March??????

Talk about high strung, obviously DAMaz meant May :)

March??????

Talk about high strung, obviously DAMaz meant May :)

Any one else read "March??????" like this?

74Spldn.gif?1

Another announment has been done (again) through Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BE86Q8ckcCc/

They say the following:

"fantasyflightgamesThis could be your team's first quest in Descent: Road to Legend. The app is coming out imminently!"

What intrigates me is the second comment "fantasyflightgamesWe'll publicly announce on our website & social when it's ready to go. Any day now."

Edited by Volkren

Another announment has been done (again) through Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BE86Q8ckcCc/

They say the following:

"fantasyflightgamesThis could be your team's first quest in Descent: Road to Legend. The app is coming out imminently!"

Which intrigates me is the second comment "fantasyflightgamesWe'll publicly announce on our website & social when it's ready to go. Any day now."

Can we assume this likely means it has been submitted - we are just awaiting Apple's approval process?