Volkren

Road to legend

And you still believe everything you read on the Internet? hahahaha

Dont worry

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1565712/any-news-road-legend

Everything? No But when I have been burned several times by companies that seem to believe Apple is the only platform out there, I do accept FFG might also be one.

Regardless, I am stupid for also not waiting for a solid release date rather than some "maybe in a few weeks, sort of" date.

Thanks for attempting to help.

The core game is no less fun because you do not yet know when the app will be released on your device of choice. The game is still great without the app, and you have lost nothing at all by purchasing it.

You're just disappointed because you were excited to play it in the next week, we all understand that, but being annoyed about it on the forums won't really help. Just relax, sit back, look through your lovely box of goodies, and at some point soon you will be able to solo it with the app :)

What exactly was wrong with what dafrca wrote? He was just frustrated with himself. Had some bad information or misunderstood it. He wasn't complaining at FFG or anyone else. He was venting and is obviously excited to play the game.

It's pretty obvious that he's a solo player and, yeah... having the core set and no other players IS less exciting. If you can't play the game solo and have no group, the core set is, in fact, kinda useless. Perhaps as a way to help a new player we could point him in the direction of the 3 print and play modules that do support coop and solo play. I for the life of me cannot understand the myopia on this board. Not everyone plays like everyone else. Not everyone has the same opportunity to create gaming groups. Which is exactly why FFG, knowing their consumers better than we on this group, chose to develop this app.

Dafrca, if you look on the product page for Descent, you will find a heading called "Co-op Play". There are 3 adentures available for 14.95 each that play similarly to how this app will likely play. At least a portion of what will be offered in the app. I have all 3 and, while not capturing the full spirit of D2E, it is pretty fun to play co-open or solo!

Yes, Forgotten Souls and Nature Ires use only the base game (Dark Elements use the first expansion -Lair of Wyrm), and they are really good.

Edited by kraisto

Thanks palleon for the input. I appreciate your efforts to tell me what I am feeling.

Re-read it, I wasn't telling you what you were feeling, I was showing that I understood how you were feeling as you are not the only one to feel frustrated, and I was offering some friendly advice to enjoy the game whilst you wait for the release. I am in the exact same boat. I bought the core game and a bunch of expansions, and haven't played any yet, and am looking forward to the apps release. In the meantime I have built a foamcore insert for it, sleeved all my cards and am currently painting the figures.

I'm sorry if you mistook my trying to be friendly for some sort of personal attack on your emotions.

Thanks palleon for the input. I appreciate your efforts to tell me what I am feeling.

Re-read it, I wasn't telling you what you were feeling, I was showing that I understood how you were feeling as you are not the only one to feel frustrated, and I was offering some friendly advice to enjoy the game whilst you wait for the release. I am in the exact same boat. I bought the core game and a bunch of expansions, and haven't played any yet, and am looking forward to the apps release. In the meantime I have built a foamcore insert for it, sleeved all my cards and am currently painting the figures.

I'm sorry if you mistook my trying to be friendly for some sort of personal attack on your emotions.

All this waiting around is making everyone salty...

Wait until people find out the app will have a release delay of "a couple more weeks"  :blink: hehehe  :rolleyes:

See, I was also skeptical they really have the app with "ALL" of descent content aviable since the beginning in just a month, and tested ofc.

Here is the souce (the last comment of FFG says: "fantasyflightgames: Looking like a couple more weeks." after someone asked "How long".) and if my device isn't wrong, the comment was made 5 days ago (23 of april). It comes from the same source where it said they were aiming for a release at the end of april.

I was also hoping to play it this weekend, but...I wasn't really that excited. 

Perhaps, it comes out after the Chains that Rust  :ph34r: as this was the last thing in the current news agenda. 

[Edit]: Although, now that I see it from other perspective, it isn't really a release delay, we never had an actual date. It just beacuse they were specting to have it done for may, and due to the exciment of the news, the date was set by the comunity. 

Edited by Volkren

Wait until people find out the app will have a release delay of "a couple more weeks"  :blink: hehehe  :rolleyes:

See, I was also skeptical they really have the app with "ALL" of descent content aviable since the beginning in just a month, and tested ofc.

Here is the souce (the last comment of FFG says: "fantasyflightgames: Looking like a couple more weeks.") and if my device isn't wrong, the comment was made 5 days ago (23 of april). It comes from the same source where it said they were aiming for a release at the end of april.

Perhaps, it comes out after the Chains that Rust  :ph34r: as this was the last thing in the current news agenda. 

Well dang! Time to stop checking the FFG page a couple times a day then! :P

Fingers crossed the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game still makes its way to tablets tonight!

EDIT - right, we technically only had that "end of April" as the unofficial date... wish FFG would just say anything about the current progress and timeline. I think that's the only frustrating part of it. They have what has certainly brought some excitement and renewed excitement to the game - we just want to know! If it is delayed - so be it! Just tell us something/what's up! :)

Edited by SoylentGreen

Here is the souce (the last comment of FFG says: "fantasyflightgames: Looking like a couple more weeks.") and if my device isn't wrong, the comment was made 5 days ago (23 of april). It comes from the same source where it said they were aiming for a release at the end of april.

Fingers crossed the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game still makes its way to tablets tonight!

EDIT - right, we technically only had that "end of April" as the unofficial date... wish FFG would just say anything about the current progress and timeline. I think that's the only frustrating part of it. They have what has certainly brought some excitement and renewed excitement to the game - we just want to know! If it is delayed - so be it! Just tell us something/what's up! :)

Pathfinder will release 28th or 05 May according last update by developers. Yep, the update "Looking like a couple more weeks" its quite new .. so, one more month maybe (being optimistic). Time to order Eldritch Horror to play lol.

Yeah - that's the quote I saw that made me less than optimistic it would be the 28th... strange that the developers don't seem to know? At least that's what I got by that post.

If it was coming the 28th (technically tonight at like 10pm central US time... if it's the typical Apple update) - wouldn't they know by now and at least say SOMETHING? :)

Yeah - that's the quote I saw that made me less than optimistic it would be the 28th... strange that the developers don't seem to know? At least that's what I got by that post.

If it was coming the 28th (technically tonight at like 10pm central US time... if it's the typical Apple update) - wouldn't they know by now and at least say SOMETHING? :)

Need only Apple and Android aprovals at this time - hope so !!!

Ha - for some reason your quote didn't quote - I tried to delete some of it to just highlight what I wanted.

Here is what I wanted to quote: Pathfinder will release 28th or 05 May according last update by developers. 

palleon, I know. That is why I was thanking you. :mellow:

Salty and board. :D

Fortunately the Pathfinder game snuck out to hold us over! (Kinda... still want this app!!!)

http://toucharcade.com/2016/04/27/the-very-promising-pathfinder-adventures-digital-card-game-is-finally-out/

You don't have to check the FFG page everyday if you don't want to... :)  Fantasy Flight Games - New News Notification (FFG-NNN)

Fortunately the Pathfinder game snuck out to hold us over! (Kinda... still want this app!!!)

http://toucharcade.com/2016/04/27/the-very-promising-pathfinder-adventures-digital-card-game-is-finally-out/

Holy #$!@! I had no idea about this! I absolutely love the Pathfinder Adventure games! I have 2 of he 3 sets and all of the adventure paths. These are amazing solo games. Just too much shuffling. But this should scratch the itch when my card shuffler wants a break. Thanks for passing this along!

Holy #$!@! I had no idea about this! I absolutely love the Pathfinder Adventure games! I have 2 of he 3 sets and all of the adventure paths. These are amazing solo games. Just too much shuffling. But this should scratch the itch when my card shuffler wants a break. Thanks for passing this along!

Playing and its lovelly !!!

You don't have to check the FFG page everyday if you don't want to... :)  Fantasy Flight Games - New News Notification (FFG-NNN)

Yup! I installed it and enjoy it - thank you! :)

Although the "Calling all Heroes" was kind of a psych out - while I have Runebound and am happy to see more content there - felt a little trolled by FFG. :)

Playing and its lovelly !!!

Yes, I have the dark circles under my eyes to represent my two thumbs up as well.  ..two thumbs up and a SHWING!!!  

I am so impressed with the app.  Even without buying the Rise of the Runelords Bundle (which I immediately did anyway), it is an amazing free app.  It plays exactly like the card game.  Right down to the animation of the dice, deck management, location clearing, etc.  But the care taken in the art, animations and overall presentation is truly amazing for a free app.  I almost expected the same recycled art that Paizo uses with their Pathfinder main characters to be everywhere.  But there are so many new views of the world that Obsidian obviously created organically based on the Pathfinder Universe.  Even the locations are embellished upon from the source card art.  Very, very pleased.  Best part?  It keeps you honest when playing solo. LOL!! 

If anyone is curious, go and get it.  It will definitely tide you over until Road to Legend comes out - especially those solo and co-op only player types!

They probably meant the announcement about when it's actually going to be released is coming at the end of April.

They posted on 23th April and use the term "weeks". We can only wait, but it will be no surprise if not release today.

Edited by kraisto

Ah, they announced on Instagram it's been pushed back "a few more weeks".

Last time they said "a few weeks" it was a month and a half (March 15th), so I wouldnt expect this before June at the moment.

Oh and looks like it will be iOS and Android at the same time.

Edited by palleon

They probably meant the announcement about when it's actually going to be released is coming at the end of April.

They posted on 23th April and use the term "weeks". We can only wait, but it will be no surprise if you do not release today.

Sorry, I can't find a post about this in their News section, Facebook or Twitter. Where did you see it? Thanks

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDgo3ILEcIG/?taken-by=fantasyflightgames- last FFG comment

The "trend" of this thread is almost hilarious. We now have (some) people excited about the Pathfinder App because of FFG's "failure to communicate" about its own Descent App. 

As a newcomer here (but longtime lurker) my bona fides are: original Descent player (including Road to Legend, the "real" RtL), also own and played all of the D2e scenarios, 2d edition Runebound player, 2d edition Battlelore player, Runewars player, great longtime fan of FFG products in general. 

But -- I've also played (and sorta kinda liked) all the Pathfinder card games because my FLGS friends loved that game. Just got off the phone with one of them who is very excited about the Pathfinder App and I'll be taking a look at it tomorrow. 

PS to FFG: Nevermind about the Descent App, we'll be busy for a couple months with Pathfinder anyway. We'll catch up with you later . . .