Volkren

Road to legend

Welp - not happening this week!

90 minutes left in the workday in MN - I'd be SHOCKED to see a release of any software at the end of a work week... no one wants to stay and work on issues if there are any on Friday night.

There is always next week! :(

FFG need a new person for public relation, because  the current "imminently" sucks on communication :P.

You mean, they "imminently" need someone for the job?

It could take a few months till then...

;-)

Next Scheduled Game Night: Saturday, May 21st

The Desire to play as the Cruel Overlord (on a scale of 1 to 10): 2

The Desire to join my friends as a Hero: 10

Release Date of Road to Legend: ...any day now...

Worst case scenario: I have to crush my friends as the Overlord :D

I am rooting for you FFG!

If you are like me and have to know the moment they post a News Feed update: Fantasy Flight Games - New News Notification (FFG-NNN)

I work a short distance form the FFG headquarters and have enjoyed many a lunches there.  I have used the game center as a way to introduce many to the wonders of board games and beyond.  Interesting enough, there have been more than a couple of incidents in which I was waiting for a new product...spending my time scanning social media, and updating the news feed only to find out the product was released with no announcement.  It was an interesting feeling to find an unannounced release of a product sitting on the shelves at the gaming center.  When asking the staff about it, they usual give the "Oh, I think that came out this week...or maybe last..."

One of those occasions, I was waiting for Nature's Ire.  I actually submitted a request to be contacted when the product arrived. How? The person working the register hands you a slip of paper, you fill out the product info as well as your contact information and they stuff it in the "Contact These People" box.  I stopped in to the game center numerous times over the following weeks only to find the new product hanging on a rack one day....I bought it right up.  They contacted me a couple of weeks later to inform me that my new product had arrived and that they were holding it for me... :rolleyes:

I am not certain what their protocol is for announcing the release of digital applications.  If history tells me anything, I wouldn't be surprised to see the apps on Google Play and the Apple Store before they post an announcement.

In all honesty, if they continue to produce great products, the minutia of their marketing efforts serve more as a form of entertainment than annoyance.

Happy Gaming!

I might be a little excited...

The facts:

• Google Play does not provide a means of being notified when a new app is released.  
  • FFG does not always post product release news to coincide with the product being released.
  • I am really excited about the Road to Legend app release.
I found a way to receive notification on my phone when there is a change to the FFG App page on Google Play using IFTTTFantasy Flight Games - Google Play Update Notification

Happy gaming!

Edited by SkyRunner

I've been trying to pull out some information about the app from whoever is running their Instagram feeds.  According to them the app won't run any of the previous campaigns (no Shadow Rune, or Labyrinth of Ruin, Trolfens, etc...), only the new stuff for the app.  If you log on to Instagram you'll see the exchange.  

Edited by UmarSlobberknocker

I've been trying to pull out some information about the app from whoever is running their Instagram feeds.  According to them the app won't run any of the previous campaigns (no Shadow Rune, or Labyrinth of Ruin, Trolfens, etc...), only the new stuff for the app.  If you log on to Instagram you'll see the exchange.  

Yeah - we've known this from the previews... It will use all of the tiles, monsters, heroes, cards etc from the base and expansions - but the campaign and missions etc - all new.

I was unaware of that. Okay, nevermind!

Yeah - it would be pretty sweet to run those old campaigns.  But I thought in one of the articles they talk about how it will use existing pieces from whatever expansion you own - for the new campaigns etc.

I've been trying to pull out some information about the app from whoever is running their Instagram feeds.

Let him/her know I have their first born child, it will remain safe and sound as long as they comply to my demands.

Make sure that you relay this information in a very sinister tone, like say, Deranged Nazi Scientist.

Jez, zee kindred will remain untouched as soon as I have zee zchematicz to zee App. Yeah use lots of Zzz, very diabolical...

Yeah - it would be pretty sweet to run those old campaigns.  But I thought in one of the articles they talk about how it will use existing pieces from whatever expansion you own - for the new campaigns etc.

Knowing FFG, they will release expansions for the app in a couple of years for a cost.  Those expansions will be the original 2nd Edition Campaigns...

I can see it now...

The Dark Road to Arhynn

Announcing a digital expansion for the the Descent Companion App

Fantasy Flight Games is proud to announce The Dark Road to Arhynn, an exciting new digital expansion for the Descent Companion App!

The twin baronies of Rhynn and Carthridge have returned to Terrinoth. In a remake that brings the glorious adventures of the The Shadow Rune campaign to a new co-op format.  Join your friends and attempt to take over the digital Overlord.

Start preparing for the Dark Road to Arhynn, coming to a digital retailer near you in two we---, umm...any day now...

Edited by SkyRunner

Yeah - it would be pretty sweet to run those old campaigns. But I thought in one of the articles they talk about how it will use existing pieces from whatever expansion you own - for the new campaigns etc.

Knowing FFG, they will release expansions for the app in a couple of years for a cost. Those expansions will be the original 2nd Edition Campaigns...

I can see it now...

The Dark Road to Arhynn

Fantasy Flight Games is proud to announce The Dark Road to Arhynn, an exciting new digital expansion for the Descent Companion App!

The twin baronies of Rhynn and Carthridge have returned to Terrinoth. In a remake that brings the glorious adventures of the The Shadow Rune campaign to a new co-op format. Join your friends and attempt to take over the digital Overlord.

Start preparing for the Dark Road to Arhynn, coming to a digital retailer near you in two we---, umm...any day now...

Need much work to convert the old campaigns for a new format (and no reasons for that, the old campaigns are made with the overlord in mind).

Instead, its better to focus work on specifics campaigns and features for the app, in a more productive way.

Edited by kraisto

Yeah - it would be pretty sweet to run those old campaigns. But I thought in one of the articles they talk about how it will use existing pieces from whatever expansion you own - for the new campaigns etc.

Knowing FFG, they will release expansions for the app in a couple of years for a cost. Those expansions will be the original 2nd Edition Campaigns...

I can see it now...

The Dark Road to Arhynn

Fantasy Flight Games is proud to announce The Dark Road to Arhynn, an exciting new digital expansion for the Descent Companion App!

The twin baronies of Rhynn and Carthridge have returned to Terrinoth. In a remake that brings the glorious adventures of the The Shadow Rune campaign to a new co-op format. Join your friends and attempt to take over the digital Overlord.

Need much work to convert the old campaigns for a new format (and no reasons for that, the old campaigns are made with the overlord in mind).

Instead, its better to focus work on specifics campaigns and features for the app, in a more productive way.

Hey kraisto,

I agree that it would be a lot of work to convert the campaigns...but it could generate income, something FFG is interested in.  I think of the current Hero and Monster packs for 2nd Edition, they are essential remakes of 1st edition content and I love them.   I would certainly be one of the people that would buy these digital expansion remakes a couple of years from now.  Then again, I have never played The Shadow Rune as anything other than the Overlord (my gaming group are a bunch of Hero loving punks that refuse to play as Overlord.)   I have spent plenty of time playing the Co-op expansions...by myself, I enjoy it every time!

Any way I look at it, I will be excited for any and all Descent related material FFG produces!

Happy Gaming!

I think it can happen now that Shadow Rune Campaign isn't in the Core Box. I mean, as SkyRunner said, it is a potential income to the company. 

Although, I might not like it because as an owner of the Shadow Rune I will not like to buy a campaign I already have...but as a fan, I might be doing it anyway...

I was really hoping to finally be able to play Shadow Rune, Labyrinth of Ruin, Trollfens, Manor of Ravens, Lair of the Wyrm as a hero. I always have to play the overlord. I was so hoping that this app would let me experience those awesome quests as a hero.

Edited by UmarSlobberknocker

If you want to play specifically thoses as a hero, you will have to find another Overlord to take your place.

The app would simulating an OL but more like the POD are already doing by looking at the news. So, it's another experience, fun as well, but different, since I've got and finished all POD's

If you were in France, I would be glad to be your Overlord ;)

Edited by rugal

I was really hoping to finally be able to play Shadow Rune, Labyrinth of Ruin, Trollfens, Manor of Ravens, Lair of the Wyrm as a hero finally. I always have to play the overlord. I was so hoping that this app would finally let me experience those awesome quests as a hero.

Shadow Rune can be played with Nerdook's D6 Overlord variant, and all campaigns can be played with RedJak's Automated Overlord Variant V4.

Both were developed around the same time, but RedJack was going trough multiple revisions and is probably better one(especially since it's not limited to Shadow Rune). They are not official, but it's a way to finally join your friends as a hero. I suspect FFG wouldn't have done much better job, since normal campaigns aren't designed with fake OL in mind. Meanwhile the app will add campaigns made especially for fake OL, so everything will be much smoother(hopefully).