Sign in to follow this  
Tsiegtiez

WAVE IX: Taking Bets and Predictions, Hopes and Dreams!

just hope FFG's choices are not limited by Disney now... as in only making ships that are in the NEW movies. or cartoons!!

You did see all the scummy goodness from the last three waves right? None of that was from Disney, except maybe the houndstooth.

Of the remaining tie fighter abstractions only the chiss clawcraft looks remotely interesting.

Since the raider is exactly right considering it was invented for the game out of thin air, I would love to see them just invent something brand new before anything else on the " tie fighter types" chart gets added.

The tie interceptor prototype looks really cool. Wouldn't mind seeing that.

If you're talking about the Rebels one, that was really just tie fighters with the front panels removed. They were loaned out to a mining guild.

As for my predictions:

Tie/sf - First Order

Tie Hunter - Imperial

Scurrg H-6 Bomber - Rebel

Skipray Blastboat - Scum

and I *really* don't know what to do with the Resistance. T-85?

Edited by HaakonX

just hope FFG's choices are not limited by Disney now... as in only making ships that are in the NEW movies. or cartoons!!

You did see all the scummy goodness from the last three waves right? None of that was from Disney, except maybe the houndstooth.

they were all produced or at least started production before the coming of The Mouse.  FFG now have to run everything past The Great Black Eared One, so i feel we may see no more old EU ships. 

they were all produced or at least started production before the coming of The Mouse.  FFG now have to run everything past The Great Black Eared One, so i feel we may see no more old EU ships.

The Coming Of The Mouse?

xfiles_deepthroat.jpg

Mr atr127... the Mouse has been here for a long, long time.

The Coming Of The Mouse?

xfiles_deepthroat.jpg

Mr atr127... the Mouse has been here for a long, long time.

they were clearly not involved in ship selection until the movie merchandising machine went into overdrive. 

Edited by atr127

Disney will likely push for movie ship first (IMHO it's likely happening already, IPhone the rest of Armada wave 3 is somehow related to Rogue One), but I doubt they are able to make 8 new ships per year (2 waves). I mean right now we have TIE/Sf, that fighter flown by Sabine's old friend from Rebels and if you really want to push it, square dish Falcon, Quadjumper and -1 panel TIE. This means Rogue One will need to provide 3-6 new ships in order to make 2 full Disney waves possible.

I'm starting to believe we will get the Scurrg before we get the Shadow Caster... here's some of my ideas:

Scurrg Fighter/Bomber (lg.base)

3/1/7/4

Focus,TL

Turret, Bombx1, Torpx1, Crewx2, Salvaged Astromech, Illicit.

"Havoc" Title.

When you are equipped with a salvaged astromech, you may perform a free Turret attack at the end of the Combat phase. Then receive 1 Stress token.

Your Upgrade bar gains the Missile icon. 6 points?

H-6 Bomber. Title.

Your Upgrade bar gains the Bomb and Torpedo icon. Your upgrade bar loses the S.Astromech icon. minus 3 points.

Bomblet Generator. Modification

Scurrg Only.

You must equip your ship with the "Havoc" title upgrade. Do not discard Ion Bomb and Proton Bomb upgrade cards, unless instructed by Critical Damage cards or effects of your opponent's upgrade cards. 6 points.

Edited by dewbie420

Its funny how people keeps saying Disney is pushing for the toys. Have you noticed how few toys that actually hit the stores from force awkens or Rebels? Compared to when Lucas was in charge, where I could get some wierd aliens in the backgrounds former cousins roomate as a figure. 

I think we will get the Havoc and Tie/Sf soon.

I hope we get the Tie Lancet and the gunboat at some point.

Scurrg Fighter/Bomber (lg.base)

3/1/7/4

The Scurrg gets stat lines akin to this alot, whenever I see fan made ones actually, and I think it's more maneuverable than 2 green. It has also been quite some time since I've played the game it's in. I do think that it'll be scums 4 attack die ship, if only because it's Legends specs say that it has 6 laser cannons before accounting for the turret.

I doubt that we will ever see non TIE Imperial small based ships and I'm perfectly OK with that. The consistent aesthetic of the Empire is one of my favorite things about the faction and there are more than enough TIE variants left to fill an potential role they might need.