Sign in to follow this  
ViscerothSWG

New Tournament Regulations today

So, I'm absent-minded, and the handwritten checklist I have "place dial, check PS, check pilot ability, flip dial, clear stress, complete maneuver, do action" would technically be illegal now?

I guess I'll just have to have the rulebook on me at all times open to the summary page.

Oh, and anyone who wants the 'dial sheets' will have to cut and paste the individual dial pictures from each and every pack. Because that IS FFG-provided information...

So I'm conflicted. On the one hand, I'm finally free to destroy my Phantom in the name of it looking like it's cloaked. On the other, this 'outside information' sticks in my craw.

Technicaly your opponent is required to bring the manouver chart for all ships he is using. If they don't enforce that, enforcing a ban on self made cheat sheets is ridiculous.

Wait, where's that?  I haven't kept a single one of those ever.

I would also like to know the answer to this. I do not recall any version of the Tourney Rules or FAQ stating that you had to supply a maneuver charts.

This sounds like "I thought it was required and was wrong".

Concerning mutual draw thing, the first thing that came to my mind was a podcaster who talked about how he and another Armada player had these fleets that didn't do very well flying straight at each other.  So they both just danced around on their side of the mat and both just decided to call it a draw.  Two players unwilling to make a move both decide to draw, without any colluding involved concerning making a cut. 

Maybe they had something like that in mind.

I've seen a game in last round of Swiss, top table, where one guy parked his brobots in a corner and set the dials so that they would never move and the other just danced out of range for the whole 75 minutes. Waste of time for both involved.

Concerning mutual draw thing, the first thing that came to my mind was a podcaster who talked about how he and another Armada player had these fleets that didn't do very well flying straight at each other.  So they both just danced around on their side of the mat and both just decided to call it a draw.  Two players unwilling to make a move both decide to draw, without any colluding involved concerning making a cut. 

I've seen a game in last round of Swiss, top table, where one guy parked his brobots in a corner and set the dials so that they would never move and the other just danced out of range for the whole 75 minutes. Waste of time for both involved.

So my question is, would this be considered collusion anyway?  This is where it is a grey area. You can't prove anything unless you blatantly overhear someone say they are going to throw a game or something like that.

Personally I'd rather see a draw than have someone intentionally throw a game to better someone elses odds.  Very difficult to prove collusion in any case.

Formal event definition: "Players are expected to avoid bumping ships..."

Well, this excludes half the players I know from formal events. :lol:

Mainly why I only play at my flgs. So many bumps :/ pretty sure i bumped Han onto a rock last night. Edited by GeneticDrift

Back to only FFG playmats again.  :rolleyes:

Nope - only if you bring your own.  Venues can still provide whatever mats they have.

Does that include mats brought by players at the request of the venue?

I would say its up to the venue where they get them from.  Where they have them made or borrow them from players, as long as they have them there I would believe would be fine.  I would think that only premier level events would be really strict on mats anyway.

So my question is, would this be considered collusion anyway?  This is where it is a grey area. You can't prove anything unless you blatantly overhear someone say they are going to throw a game or something like that.

Personally I'd rather see a draw than have someone intentionally throw a game to better someone elses odds.  Very difficult to prove collusion in any case.

It would only be collusion if you had some sort of previous agreement with your opponent.

If it's the top table at the final round, one person can deploy to perma bump and the other person can realize what is going on and then play for a draw, or you can save everyone time by asking them if they would like to ID.

It also has the bonus effect of allowing you to offer a draw and then grab food

So now we got Marshals and Judges. Cool I don't like what the Judge said. Hey Marshal, can you tell this noob what's up. :wacko:

At least they didn't bring back the dials faction matchin although with the dial upgrade kit that can easily be done.

Edited by Marinealver

So, I'm absent-minded, and the handwritten checklist I have "place dial, check PS, check pilot ability, flip dial, clear stress, complete maneuver, do action" would technically be illegal now?

I guess I'll just have to have the rulebook on me at all times open to the summary page.

Oh, and anyone who wants the 'dial sheets' will have to cut and paste the individual dial pictures from each and every pack. Because that IS FFG-provided information...

So I'm conflicted. On the one hand, I'm finally free to destroy my Phantom in the name of it looking like it's cloaked. On the other, this 'outside information' sticks in my craw.

Technicaly your opponent is required to bring the manouver chart for all ships he is using. If they don't enforce that, enforcing a ban on self made cheat sheets is ridiculous.

On the sheet (from the blister) itself:

"Keep this sheet on hand so that players can reference to this table at any time".

I would also like to know the answer to this. I do not recall any version of the Tourney Rules or FAQ stating that you had to supply a maneuver charts.

This sounds like "I thought it was required and was wrong".

The manouver charts themselves state something like "You need to keep this information availiable to your opponent at all times" (rough retranslation from memory and German) I'd call that rules, even though it isn't said elswhere. I know all the dials by memory (at least aproximatly) so I'd never complain about this, but I started offering them to my opponents at tournaments.

"Keep this sheet on hand so that players can reference to this table at any time".

Because asking your opponent, "Hey do you mind letting me look at the dial of ___ ship at next opportunity? Thanks"  is apparently so far beyond some people that they need sheets of paper. 

if its an interceptor that is stressed, its doing a 2 hard. *protip*

Edited by Luke C

Because asking your opponent, "Hey do you mind letting me look at the dial of ___ ship at next opportunity? Thanks"  is apparently so far beyond some people that they need sheets of paper. 

It's easy enough, but it also stops your opponent from playing the game for a bit (or going through the tedium of picking up their set dial, randomising it etc). It's more just courtesy and/or ease-of-life.

Anyone else notice the rules for "discard"?

"Discarded Upgrade Cards

When a player is instructed to discard an Upgrade card, he or she places it under the Ship card it is attached to instead. Upgrade cards under Ship cards are out of play."

And Tomax Bren says:

"Once per round, after you discard an  Upgrade card, flip that card faceup."

So... not sure what this means but you could argue that Tomax Bren does not work at tournaments.

Sounds like those little sheets are the maneuver equivalent of third-party templates.

Edit: well technically the third-party templates are the maneuver equivalent of third-party templates, but you know what I meant.

Edited by CheesyGC

I think it is courtesy to offer your opponent a complete overview. Really no reason not to.