Sign in to follow this  
ViscerothSWG

New Tournament Regulations today

New tournament rules are out.

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/a7/9c/a79ced72-1da1-466a-97d7-5bd573457afd/x-wing_tournament_regulations_v10_high_res.pdf

Basic and Advanced tournament structures (rounds and cuts)

They state you can mark your dice now (I think that's new?)

And this section, from all the dice threads:

Sharing Components
Before a tournament round begins, any player may request that a single range
ruler, set of maneuver templates, and/or each other’s dice be shared for the
duration of the round. Any decisions are subject to review by a marshal or a judge.

Intentional Draws, huh? Is that one new?

Yup. 

Tournament Regulations, Pg. 6:

"Intentional Draws
During Swiss rounds, players may intentionally draw a game so long as a
leader is present for any discussion between players prior to the agreement.
The leader’s presence is required to prevent any breach of the tournament’s
integrity. The leader will not intervene as long as players follow the
“Unsporting Conduct” on page 3.
If two players intentionally draw a game, each player receives 1 tournament
point and a Margin of Victory of 100, just as if they were to arrive at a natural
draw over the course of play."

Hmmm, good thing it doesn't come into play until April.  The less I have to memorize before an event the better, mine beats the cut by one week so I'll have plenty of time to sort through this stuff.

Intentional draws?  That... leaves a sour taste in my mouth.  Why would someone want to take a draw? 

Hmmm, good thing it doesn't come into play until April.  The less I have to memorize before an event the better, mine beats the cut by one week so I'll have plenty of time to sort through this stuff.

Intentional draws?  That... leaves a sour taste in my mouth.  Why would someone want to take a draw? 

in the case of my SC final round of swiss was between me #1 in swiss and "John" #2 in swiss, with a top 8 cut and both of us being undefeated and having extremely high MOV even if one of us gets tabled we will still be #1&2 but we have no preference of who we face in the cut. an intentional draw would keep it so that our strategy for how we play our list is completely unknown to each other until we meet in the cut, if we do at all.

During our game we joked during the entire game about just "1harding off the board to keep you guessing how it will be in the finals" never did, but after beating him he gained sum much important information about how i fly my list and had a much better matchup against me in the finals, still beat him, but nonetheless it was a closer match by far.

My son and I frequently get paired against each other in rounds further into the tournament.  Now we don't have to grudgingly knock one of us out.  We can agree to a draw.  This is allowed in other games and is about time it was allowed here.

Large base ship points are now rounded down? Did they used to be rounded up? That's a change, yeah?

Nope. They've always been rounded down.

...what the, ...what? Well, I've been giving away 1 free pt in about 1/3rd of my games then. Good times.

I think that is new:

"Players cannot reference outside material or information during a round."

The TO is now responsible to provide chairs:

"In addition to arranging a location, the organizer is responsible for securing tables that can hold a 3’ by 3’ play surface for each player, as well as chairs."

Intentional Draws, huh? Is that one new?

Yes it is new. Before it was strictly against the rules as it was considered collusion but now is allowed.

It still can be considered collusion.

PG 6.
"The leader will not intervene as long as players follow the “Unsporting Conduct” on page 3."

PG 3.

"Collusion among players to manipulate scoring is expressly forbidden."

So if the discussion between the players in anyway deals with manipulating scoring, it's stil collusion.

If part of the discussion sounds like: "Hey, as long as neither of us lose this match we both make the cut" it's probably still illegal.