Sign in to follow this  
CaineHoA

Tractor Beam amount in Mist Hunter?

Hmm... With Tractor Be am in Imp Veterans, this actually makes sense. Besides, the only list that will want tons of tractor beams will be an all Tie/d list, and that'd require two Imperial Veterans anyway.

Electronic Baffle, on the other hand, will be interesting on Mass B-wings, and having to buy 3-4 Mist Hunters to get enough for a B-wing heavy list would be frustrating, to say the least.

Think about the poor rebels … they actually might want to add tractors to the b-wings as well. But I guess, if you collect rebels and imps than getting from both packs one tractor makes more sense. At the same time it seem like imperial veterans is still a long time away. :)

Hmm... With Tractor Be am in Imp Veterans, this actually makes sense. Besides, the only list that will want tons of tractor beams will be an all Tie/d list, and that'd require two Imperial Veterans anyway.

No. Scyks also want Tractor Beams. Lame, that when you not playing Imps, you have to buy at least 2 Mist Hunters, if you want more than 1 TB-Scyk or TB-Mist Hunter+ TB-Scyk.

Besides, which list wants 2 baffles?

Edit last sentence

Edited by Managarmr

B-wings mounting TB is kinda a waste it's too expensive a platform, one scyk however isn't losing you as much damage and is a more reasonable 17 points.

I would argue the opposite.  One extra point isn't a huge investment on a Blue Squad B-wing.  Many times, you'd rather just use your primary weapon but the ability to toss around opposing ships will force your opponent to fly differently and may just allow you to pull a Y-wing into range 1 or drop them on a rock.  And if you never use the T-beam? You still have a solid ship that will hang around for a while and packs a punch.

I am actually pretty bummed by the change to only a single Tractor Beam per Mist Hunter Expansion.  I wanted to fly a Tractician B-wing Squad right away.  Won't be doing so until Imperial Vets hits though.  

Yes, excellent, I will change my order to TWO Mist Hunters to fly both Tractor Beams.

What I will do with four Baffles remains to be seen. Use three of them as kindling I guess.

Let's ship doubles of an upgrade that will be marginal. Guess we should be lucky we didn't get another copy of Enhanced Scopes.

B-wings mounting TB is kinda a waste it's too expensive a platform, one scyk however isn't losing you as much damage and is a more reasonable 17 points.

I would argue the opposite.  One extra point isn't a huge investment on a Blue Squad B-wing.  Many times, you'd rather just use your primary weapon but the ability to toss around opposing ships will force your opponent to fly differently and may just allow you to pull a Y-wing into range 1 or drop them on a rock.  And if you never use the T-beam? You still have a solid ship that will hang around for a while and packs a punch.

I am actually pretty bummed by the change to only a single Tractor Beam per Mist Hunter Expansion.  I wanted to fly a Tractician B-wing Squad right away.  Won't be doing so until Imperial Vets hits though.

23 points to do no damage vs 17, if focused on neither ship lives more than two turns.

Losing a quarter of your list hurts more than under a fifth.

You lose 1/5 of your list as soon as you put a Scyk in it.  I would only ever use the TB in perfect situations.  Building a list around one is not wise at any level.

Yeah that's wrong using vessery with TB is very wise he's about to be everywhere because he significantly boosts other aces and generics alike.

Terrorists and criminals don't have very good options but the defenders perfect.

23 points to do no damage vs 17, if focused on neither ship lives more than two turns.

Losing a quarter of your list hurts more than under a fifth.

23 points to move a ship into a more advantageous position and kill agility, setting up the shots for the rest of the list.

I'd run 4x tractor-B's, but I was so looking forward to trying tractor-Scycks, it could be just what those buggers needed.

17 points for a PS2 Tractor Beam, or 20 points for a PS4-6 version, is still not really worth the points.

Mind-Link might be worthwhile on Scyks, but Tractors are definitely not worth a 2-point tax.

I disagree. The Tractor Beam is a nice sniper for a Scyk. I personally am looking at 2 Scyks w/Tractors with 3 Khiraxz.

Me too. Yes, the Scyks can be focussed down fast, but hey are surprisingly agile. If the enemy focusses on the Scyks, ok, welcome, the Khiraxzes going to hit hard meanwhile.

Let's just put it this way, Lambda's are very happy to have Baffles and I am thrilled that I only need one Mist Hunter for now.

B-Wings may also get some use out of them.

One damage to turn a red hard 1 turn or 2 K-turn white?  Used at the right time, it could be a game changer.

Also B-Wings targeted by ion weapons are generally dead B-Wings.  This gives them an option for some degree of resilience, at least.

Let's just put it this way, Lambda's are very happy to have Baffles and I am thrilled that I only need one Mist Hunter for now.

B-Wings may also get some use out of them.

One damage to turn a red hard 1 turn or 2 K-turn white?  Used at the right time, it could be a game changer.

Also B-Wings targeted by ion weapons are generally dead B-Wings.  This gives them an option for some degree of resilience, at least.

Electronic Baffle can probably be useful on B-Wings, but that system slot has some tough competition. I don't think I will be using the combi very often. EB might work on certain Ghost builds?