Sign in to follow this  
ExpandingUniverse

You know when you have a Star Wars obsession when...

… Your wife starts referring to your home office as the “Star Wars” room because of all the books, toys [1], game paraphernalia, etc… that you have collected over the years.

[1] Including the life-size Darth Maul that you have not yet been able to move into the room because you need to finish cleaning the room up to make enough space available.

...you randomly think " that must've been a Triumph" during random movies.

...you are currently misapropriating diplomatic cargo so your friend can get you star wars stuff from tokyo.

...you decide to rewatch the movies and end up watching TCW between Ep 2 and 3.

...wookiepedia has a hotlink in your browser tab.

You see the word 'cookie' and, for a second, think that it's missing an 'e'.

You can't watch a scene without trying to figure out what the characters dice rolls were. (Han on Endor Stealth check Despair)

An interesting fact pointed out by WEG:

1. If Han had not failed the stealth check, the chase would not have ensued.
  2. If the chase had not ensued, Leia would not have met the Ewoks.
  3. If Leia (and the others) had not met the Ewoks, they would not have become "part of the tribe"
  4. If they had not become "part of the tribe", they would have been utterly decimated by the Imperial forces on Endor.

So if Han had not failed his stealth check, the rebellion would have been crushed once and for all. Crazy, huh?  :D

Edited by I. J. Thompson

My youngest daughter's middle name is Leia. (Took 3 kids to finally talk my wife into letting me do it.)

Leia is a pretty name, at least. But, unless someone names their baby something like Obi Won, Boba, or Jar Jar, you're definitely the winner.

Oh!! My dad came real close to naming my brother James Tiberius which was allegedly a compromise because his first choice was Spock. He claims he was serious but the jury's still out. He got the James part, though. :)

Edited by PrettyHaley

My youngest daughter's middle name is Leia. (Took 3 kids to finally talk my wife into letting me do it.)

My next door neighbor did the same. First child, first name. 

His second wife is and even bigger SW nerd than he is. She buys all the Lego and Infinity figures to play with too.

Leia is a pretty name, at least. But, unless someone names their baby something like Obi Won, Boba, or Jar Jar, you're definitely the winner.

Oh!! My dad came real close to naming my brother James Tiberius which was allegedly a compromise because his first choice was Spock. He claims he was serious but the jury's still out. He got the James part, though. :)

As Whedonites, our son is Xander, cat is D'Hoffryn, and dog is Echo.

By pure coincidence, the first daycare our son went to also had a Faith and a Willow.

Okay, that’s pretty hard-core. I think you win this one.

My eldest son was very nearly named Lestat. My wife was post-birth in hospital and I went to register his birth... my life would not have been worth living if I had gone through with it  :lol:

Okay, that’s pretty hard-core. I think you win this one.

My stepdaughter wants to name her future first son Anakin Darth

I did rp with a guy who named his kid Anakin.. little too much for me lol.

When your entire family is so obsessesd with Star wars that you convince realatives to name their children after characters.(Right I have realativez named: Luke, Leia, Anikaa (girl version of Anakin), and Jar Jar

Kidding on the last one.

Thank the Force...that kid would've gone over to the dark side faster than you can say "meesa haten mah parents, mesa gonna go be an exotical dancer"

Ok I've got one from earlier today...

When you are out in public and walk past a lady wearing a dark brown burka and your 5 year old daughter calls out, "Daddy she's dressed as a Jedi!"

Mortified.

Mortified that this poor woman is stuck in a religious society that holds females as second-class citizens and property? I would assume? Because I'd have probably let out a chuckle if it had been my child making that observation. (Of course, I'm one of those folks who enjoys watching Christopher Hitchens "beat downs" on YouTube.)

Anyway, I simply cannot compete with some of your obsessions. So I won't even try.

However, I will say I've used the exact same desktop background - that of Han, Chewie, Leia, and Threepio in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon in ESB - for years now. And the first time I was in charge of spearheading a presentation for a client at one of the ad agencies I used to work for? Well, that scene popped up on screen as I was going about clicking on the PPT. My direct supervisor was, in fact, "mortified." He started jokingly explaining to the clients how I was a big Star Wars fan. No one seemed amused. Ha. I didn't care...

At this point, a slew of clients, agency personnel, and academics have seen that desktop background before presentations.

I'm absolutely cool with that.

Ok I've got one from earlier today...

When you are out in public and walk past a lady wearing a dark brown burka and your 5 year old daughter calls out, "Daddy she's dressed as a Jedi!"

Mortified.

Mortified that this poor woman is stuck in a religious society that holds females as second-class citizens and property? I would assume? Because I'd have probably let out a chuckle if it had been my child making that observation. (Of course, I'm one of those folks who enjoys watching Christopher Hitchens "beat downs" on YouTube.)

I probably used the wrong term. It wasn't the face covering outfit. More like long flowing dark brown robes with an open-faced hood. I apologize for not knowing enough about Islamic wear to know the proper term. Googling it looks like a dark brown "chador" might have been what we saw.

Mortified since yes my daughter actually thought it was a Jedi outfit which was thus probably embarrassing for the poor lady.

when

you spend 300$+ on FFG Star Wars books within the first month of learning about the game.

you keep buying X-Wing tabletop models even though nobody ever has the time to play with you.

you keep buying the new canon Star Wars books and comics even though you barely have the time to read them.

Still not finished with Aftermath, had the book since december, and I already have Lords of the Sith and Lost Stars laying around.