Sign in to follow this  
Wildhorn

The 3 Scouts

Once wave 8 hit, how would you deal with this build?

Contracted Scout (25)
Deadeye (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
R4 Agromech (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Contracted Scout (25)
Deadeye (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
R4 Agromech (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Contracted Scout (25)
Deadeye (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
R4 Agromech (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Total: 99

Basically, focus to be able to shoot the torpedoes on whoever is at range 2-3 of you. Which grant you a TL on the target and with guidance chip, you will get 4 hits 74% of time, 3 hits 21% of time and 2 hits 5% of time.

EDIT:

After some reflexion and discussions, a better build would be:

Contracted Scout (25)
Adaptability (0) <-- Allow to make PS2 ships to bump
Intelligence Agent (1) <-- Allow to see where aces are going to barrel roll in range for Feedback Array
Feedback Array (2) <-- Deal with aces
Anti-Pursuit Lasers (2) <-- Allow extra damage while doing its job by making opponent ships to bump

Contracted Scout (25)
Deadeye (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Proton Torpedoes (4) <-- Get 4 hits 95% of times
Boba Fett (1) <-- Allow to get ride of annoying upgrades on Ghost and other U-Boats.
R4 Agromech (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Contracted Scout (25)
Deadeye (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
R4 Agromech (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Proton Torpedoes is much more potent (you get 4 hits more often) and the bumpmaster allow to deal with aces more reliably and to deny opponent ships to reach R1 of your U-Boats.

Edited by Wildhorn

It makes me want to order a 3rd jump master. its super nasty that is for sure.

Basically hope to outlast its munitions and then you are dealing with a 3x low firepower turrets? Sensor jammers will work well against this removing the benefit of the guidance chips. Also anything that can strip the token or stop it being used, carnor JAx should do quite well against them if he can get in close and just arc dodge around to stop the focus use and use his autothrusters against the turrets. 

But ya... i need to try running this that is for sure.

Is the Ghost any good in this matchup? Slam into them with Chopper possibly making them predictable with that dial. Equip the Autoblaster Turret and Accuracy Corrector. Double tapping with Phantom. The 5k turn. 16 points to chew through. I haven't run the Ghost yet but it jumped out as something I'd want throw at the triple scout list.

BTW does the triple scout list have a nickname yet?

Edited by hardbap

Is the Ghost any good in this matchup? Slam into them with Chopper possibly making them predictable with that dial. Equip the Autoblaster Turret and Accuracy Corrector. Double tapping with Phantom. The 5k turn. 16 points to chew through. I haven't run the Ghost yet but it jumped out as something I'd want throw at the triple scout list.

Triple U-boat.

I'm still not positive this will be the meta crusher list. Flying 3 large bases is never a paltry task and chimps makes ordnance good for sure but this still feels really all in on that plan. 4/4 hits is nice but unless you're firing multiple torpedos at the same Imperial ace (Soontir as always comes to mind) you're not likely to do that much. This list should be a bigger problem for things like regen Poe and Miranda than Palp Aces as they don't have as many ways to avoid the torpedo shots as easily.

I'm still not positive this will be the meta crusher list. Flying 3 large bases is never a paltry task and chimps makes ordnance good for sure but this still feels really all in on that plan. 4/4 hits is nice but unless you're firing multiple torpedos at the same Imperial ace (Soontir as always comes to mind) you're not likely to do that much. This list should be a bigger problem for things like regen Poe and Miranda than Palp Aces as they don't have as many ways to avoid the torpedo shots as easily.

The list will not have much trouble blocking Soontir, though, either. I think it will be beatable but it's absolutely going to shred some current lists and will frustrate new players.

one of many reasons to swap one out for a bumpmaster

I've seen Wolfpack a few places. It's a U-Boat reference.

Also, I think that cheaply run Ghosts are a good counter for these things. Like, 44 points or less.

This list should be a bigger problem for things like regen Poe and Miranda than Palp Aces as they don't have as many ways to avoid the torpedo shots as easily.

Sure, but the thing this list has over Palp Ace is that Palp can easily vanish in round 1 of combat before his poor shuttle ever fires. Removing a 29pt ship instantly is kinda rough beatz. Then the Aces gotta watch for bumps.

But Soontir most likely will fade away with all the stuff that's coming in wave 8. Autoblaster Ghost and R5-P8 being the main anti-fel thing.

But Soontir most likely will fade away with all the stuff that's coming in wave 8. Autoblaster Ghost and R5-P8 being the main anti-fel thing.

Right, there's a ton of other hate that's coming for ships that rely on agility for their survival.

Even before Wave 8, Soontir has been in decline. There's too much Anti-Soontir tech out there right now. He's hated against because he represents an extreme end of the spectrum that you must be able to handle, or lose to. Most competitive players have something up their sleeve for him and he's feeling the hate.

Right, there's a ton of other hate that's coming for ships that rely on agility for their survival.

Hope it works v_v

Hope it works v_v

there's already plenty

APL

Feedback

autoblaster turret

conner nets

Wave 8 just brings the perfect platform for the first 2 (bumpmaster), the perfect platform for the 3rd (ghost with ac), and a massive buff to the last (Sabine)

Once wave 8 hit, how would you deal with this build?

Contracted Scout (25)
Deadeye (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
R4 Agromech (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Contracted Scout (25)
Deadeye (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
R4 Agromech (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Contracted Scout (25)
Deadeye (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
R4 Agromech (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Basically, focus to be able to shoot the torpedoes on whoever is at range 2-3 of you. Which grant you a TL on the target and with guidance chip, you will get 4 hits 74% of time, 3 hits 21% of time and 2 hits 5% of time.

You're close, but it's not quite optimal yet. You see, for firing Plasma Torpedoes with Deadeye, Overclocked R4 yields exactly the same hit+crit distribution as having an R4 Agromech. Each die has exactly a 75% chance of yielding a hit or crit after modification. And then you use Guidance chip if you didn't get 4 hits+crits.

49jOUfA.jpg

For some unknown reason, FFG made the Overclocked R4 only 1 point, so you can save an extra point on the Plasma U-boats, resulting in:

Now+we+re+going+to+get+quot+50+shades+of

Contracted Scout (34)

Proton Torpedoes

Extra Munitions

R4 Agromech

Deadeye

Guidance Chips

Contracted Scout (34)

Proton Torpedoes

Extra Munitions

R4 Agromech

Deadeye

Guidance Chips

Contracted Scout (32)

Plasma Torpedoes

Extra Munitions

Overclocked R4

Deadeye

Guidance Chips

You can further tweak this by removing Extra Munitions from the 3rd Scout, and replacing it with Feedback Array instead, to deal with those pesky aces that inevitably don't always die in the initial joust.

Edited by MajorJuggler

a BIT more afraid of diving into acewing depths than of defenders.

defenders won't take three evades out of thin air like palp aces can >_>

and you can drill through them at range, unlike ATing aces

Edited by Warpman

you have to weigh the 1 point less for the incalculably lesser flexibility in obtaining that stress token, including no deadeye post sexy white 2-segnors (or any maneuver not going left)

The 3rd U-boat only has one Plasma anyway, so it doesn't matter if you don't take extra munitions. Once it's fired it's done.

That list will be incredibly vulnerable to additional stress, though.

The stress dealers generally won't live long enough for it to matter. The 3rd U-boat with feedback array really won't care about stress at all anyway once his plasma torpedo is spent.

Don't see the merit of plasmas here, I'm afraid.

Telling the truth, three flechettes leave enough room for crew

and we now have lots of cheap great crew >:}

Because damage is king, and once your torpedoes are gone, the Jump Masters have close to zero damage output. Flechettes will not win you tournaments unfortunately.

There are some really nice crew options now that you can use for a control piece though.

Intel Agent + Feedback Array + Anti Pursuit Lasers on a large base ship with barrel roll is just silly good vs low HP aces like Fel.