Sign in to follow this  
Firespray-32

Dual Cards and the X-Wing Fix

I want to second the idea that adding Boost or Barrel Roll is probably not the best. Sure, everybody wants to give it Barrel Roll so it doesn't look like the T-70, but guess what? Give it a Barrell Roll and it will look just too much like the TIE fighter from wave 1 era. I think there are ways to get around it.

Honestly, I think we'll see a title, but I have no idea what it could be. I also think we'll receive some more Astromech droids. Can you imagine a droid that gives you a free Evade action if you perform a white maneuver? It will fly very differently from R2-D2 X-wings or R2 Astromech X-wings.

It may also be some brand new mechanic we've never seen before. At any rate, I highly doubt it will be a dual upgrade card (though that Stutter Fire/Linked Fire makes perfect sense to decide at the beginning of a match, and I really like it).

(...) Giving it an extra red dice at all ranges,(...)

Talonbane pays 28pts(!) for that at range 1 (of course including cost for PS 9, and +1defense at range 3, but still). Would pretty much invalidate him.

Most of the fixes proposed here would actually invalidate Khiraxzes.

True, but just because Talonnbane sucks doesn't mean the X Wing needs to suck as well.

Talonbane does not really suck, he just draws a lot hate equal to Wedge.

So we overdo it on the X-wings. And then have to push all others as well (e.g. Khiraxz, Starviper)? Ok, let's powercreep in earnest....

I want to second the idea that adding Boost or Barrel Roll is probably not the best. Sure, everybody wants to give it Barrel Roll so it doesn't look like the T-70, but guess what? Give it a Barrell Roll and it will look just too much like the TIE fighter from wave 1 era. I think there are ways to get around it.

Honestly, I think we'll see a title, but I have no idea what it could be. I also think we'll receive some more Astromech droids. Can you imagine a droid that gives you a free Evade action if you perform a white maneuver? It will fly very differently from R2-D2 X-wings or R2 Astromech X-wings.

It may also be some brand new mechanic we've never seen before. At any rate, I highly doubt it will be a dual upgrade card (though that Stutter Fire/Linked Fire makes perfect sense to decide at the beginning of a match, and I really like it).

That would also make TLT Y-Wings an even bigger pain... unfortunately the Astromech slot affects 4 ships now.