Sign in to follow this  
J Viz

Which list for store champs tomorrow - XAAA

After failing miserably at my last event with Han and Jake I'm looking to go back to my reliable a-wings but experimenting with Juke. As there are a lot of stressbots about am considering Luke as ability works without actions. Which list would you go for?

Poe's Green Squad (99)

Poe Dameron (40) - T-70 X-Wing

Veteran Instincts (1), R2-D2 (4), Weapons Guidance (2), Autothrusters (2)

Green Squadron Pilot (22) - A-Wing

Push The Limit (3), Chardaan Refit (-2), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Juke (2)

Green Squadron Pilot (22) - A-Wing

Push The Limit (3), Chardaan Refit (-2), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Juke (2)

Prototype Pilot (15) - A-Wing

Chardaan Refit (-2)

(100)

Luke Skywalker (37) - X-Wing

Veteran Instincts (1), R2-D2 (4), Shield Upgrade (4)

Green Squadron Pilot (24) - A-Wing

Push The Limit (3), Chardaan Refit (-2), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Autothrusters (2), Juke (2)

Green Squadron Pilot (24) - A-Wing

Push The Limit (3), Chardaan Refit (-2), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Autothrusters (2), Juke (2)

Prototype Pilot (15) - A-Wing

Chardaan Refit (-2)

Would Luke be be better with IA and predator?

Thanks everyone

The other option was to add autothrusters to one of my a-wings, either the proto or one of the GSP's. The weapons guidance was only really there for the odd occasion when I'm out of arc of opponent to maximise damage

In general I don't like weapons guidance. On Poe, I really don't like it because he needs it for defense. As the others have said the 2 points are better spent on your prototype. I love these lists though and I think I need to get another A wing!

Go with the first list. Drop WG for autothrusters on an a-wing. I'd even go one step further and turn Juke into crackshot so you can get autothrusters on both greenies. The proto is expendable so will just have to do without the autos...

Actually, you could keep Juke on the greens if you drop WG and change R2-D2 into R5-P9. Autos on both greens then brings you to 100. Just depends on how stressy your meta is...

I would have gone the R5-P9 route but don't have him. Same with crack shot. I guess one of the GSP's can have ATs or I can throw it on the proto just because it'll look tidier, lol

I'm not too convinced about Juke on a PS3 ship. You want a high PS with Juke it seems so you are guaranteed to use it with your attack roll and then later you can use the evade token to avoid damage. With a low PS you have to hope your evade dice are good enough while you are getting shot at by higher PS ships in order to save the token in order to use it on your attack. If you spend the evade, you are losing Juke.

I think Juke in a low PS ship can work in conjunction with a high ps ship and swarm tactics though.

Edited by BlodVargarna

Juke can work just fine on low PS.

Lets take a look:

if you are shooting first with Juke, you change one of their evades to eyeball. If they have focus and want to, they change it back.

If they are shooting first, they possibly spend focus on their attack, but are vulnerable to juke or they save it for defense (same as above).

So its not really that much difference whether your pilot skill is high or low. And you know, ships don't have focus all the time...

Yes but if they are shooting at you and spending a focus, aren't you more likely to need your evade token to save your precious 2 shields and 2 hull?

I'd rather shoot first, make them lose their focus token than shoot second and maybe not get to use juke at all.

Yeah, that could happen, but firstly, you can approach with your a-wings on the flank or spread out enough that your opponent has to make a tough choice: turn to face one of the a-wings, or face Poe.

Also, you have two juke-ships. If your opponent shoots at both, that's a poor tactical choice, giving you an advantage. If he shoots at one, then the other juke ship will still get its benefit. And that's assuming getting shot at will strip the evade (doesn't always happen, although it is likely).

Slightly delayed feedback on this one. Ran the Poe list but without weapons guidance and AT's on one of the GSP's. Came away winless and the real surprise was that the weak link was Poe. He just got focused down far too quickly to make a difference. The GSP's, however, were absolute heroes and almost single handedly took down Dash (Poe might have done some minor damage while he hung about) whilst also surviving the attentions of two TLT y-wings.

I am really starting to think that my play style lends itself to just embracing the joy of the a-wing and losing any ambition of running the 'aces' such as Poe and Corran. I'm not really sure what i'm doing with them and there are a lot of eggs in a very fragile basket