Sign in to follow this  
eagletsi111

Does anyone use all expansions?

I have all expansons, I know you draw a card at the beginning and which decides weather to use the Side Boards.

Lets say you draw an expansion without the side boards, do you do as the rules say and remove the cards and tokens,   

Does anyone just keep them in and add sideboards, if they come up?

The prologue card should tell you exactly what to play with.  If you have no need of say the side boards there is no need to play with the associated encounter or expedition cards.

I do however use all the conditions, spells, equipment and artifacts every time.  It beats separating that stuff back out.

Same here. I play with everything thrown in.Keeps the game fresh every time and the cards are enough that they don't get to repeat as often as the base game for example. Also, keep in mind that the preludes don't necessary tell you the sideboard use.There are some that tell you to setup a sideboard and some that just give your investigators advantages from the start by taking a little disadvantage on the way(for example the lead inv. gets a blessed condition,then the next one gets a boon then etc...then, for all this you move doom by 2) .

As a final example you can play against Nephren-Ka and use the Egypt sideboard (which is in the AO setup) and have the prelude card Doomsayer from Antarctica that tells you to setup the antarctica sideboard and resolve the prelude further. I don't think there are rules that tell you to return cards to the game box except for:

1. Syzygy that, if it's not the AO, you can't use the mystic ruins deck

2. The adventures that can't be used unless preluded

3. The location encounters that are on the sideboards themselves. Ofc you can't use those if the prelude or the AO don't use the sideboard with which they are connected.

For the rest, throw them all in and have fun.

Right now I'm only keeping Forsaken Lore and Strange Remnants mixed in with every game. I only add the monsters, investigators, and regular encounter cards from the expansions when using the expansions. I had to put a mark on each monster to sort them all out. It surprised me that they weren't already marked. 

I've taken to using both side-boards in almost every game. I like the added physical scope and occasional change in scenery and location encounters.

I only use the adventure decks, however, if the appropriate prelude is drawn.

Both sideboards :o ....care to expand on that....how does that work out?

Sorry Eldritch Mike, you side swiped me there... :) .

In answer to the forum question, Yes, I use all the expansions, preludes and adventures. But after a game, I limit myself to a three game haitus before putting the other (prelude) cards back into the mould..otherwise..drawing the same prelude..(i actually had three consecutive occasions that "The Dunwich Horror" came out.....Probably empathy, as it's my fav. Lovecraft novella... :rolleyes:

I've taken to using both side-boards in almost every game. I like the added physical scope and occasional change in scenery and location encounters.

I only use the adventure decks, however, if the appropriate prelude is drawn.

Both sideboards :o ....care to expand on that....how does that work out?

I've explained it in my previous post. see below.

As a final example you can play against Nephren-Ka and use the Egypt sideboard (which is in the AO setup) and have the prelude card Doomsayer from Antarctica that tells you to setup the antarctica sideboard and resolve the prelude further. I don't think there are rules that tell you to return cards to the game box except for:

1. Syzygy that, if it's not the AO, you can't use the mystic ruins deck

2. The adventures that can't be used unless preluded

3. The location encounters that are on the sideboards themselves. Ofc you can't use those if the prelude or the AO don't use the sideboard with which they are connected.

So you can play with everything. After all, it's your house&your rules.

Bern1106, it's simply a case of having the side-boards in play regardless of AO and prelude. Like I said, I won't use the adventure decks unless a prelude calls for them, or, for example, the Elder Things ability of travelling to the plateau of leng after closing a gate. I just have their respective gates, clues, and location encounters in play.

To be fair, they don't impact the game nearly as much without their respective AO's mysteries directing you there. Again, I just like the added scope :)

And, as Cimitri says above, its your house and your rules (even if I prefer adhering to the rules with exception on this particular point). I'm looking forward to the day when I can play EH with several side-boards all in play at the same time... even if it means taking up a whole room. :D

Bern1106, it's simply a case of having the side-boards in play regardless of AO and prelude. Like I said, I won't use the adventure decks unless a prelude calls for them, or, for example, the Elder Things ability of travelling to the plateau of leng after closing a gate. I just have their respective gates, clues, and location encounters in play.

To be fair, they don't impact the game nearly as much without their respective AO's mysteries directing you there. Again, I just like the added scope :)

And, as Cimitri says above, its your house and your rules (even if I prefer adhering to the rules with exception on this particular point). I'm looking forward to the day when I can play EH with several side-boards all in play at the same time... even if it means taking up a whole room. :D

Makes sense, now I need to buy a bigger gaming table..;)

Tell me about it. I play the game with all the expansions just like Mike and i find that a foldable dining table for 8 people is barely enough for Eldritch. FFG was evil when designing it :) (just how they should be, heheh)

I'd generally go all in myself. Time - both in terms of card or Doom countdown - is your biggest enemy in EH , so if a player wants to explore the Antarctic rather than pick up that clue in San Francisco then go ahead.

That said table real estate is an issue. I'm kind of tempted to mock up some sidecards for the extra boards to save space on the table. That way when we get the inevitable Tunguska + Himalayas and Amazon expansions I can play with all the world exposed. (I'd also love to see an Orient Express expansion, but that's an aside)

Tell me about it. I play the game with all the expansions just like Mike and i find that a foldable dining table for 8 people is barely enough for Eldritch. FFG was evil when designing it :) (just how they should be, heheh)

Consider buying one of these - I have two, one for the big and one for the small cards. Since then, I can even put two additional boards on my table! :)

pic2906068_lg.jpg

Edited by PzVIE

I'd generally go all in myself. Time - both in terms of card or Doom countdown - is your biggest enemy in EH , so if a player wants to explore the Antarctic rather than pick up that clue in San Francisco then go ahead.

That said table real estate is an issue. I'm kind of tempted to mock up some sidecards for the extra boards to save space on the table. That way when we get the inevitable Tunguska + Himalayas and Amazon expansions I can play with all the world exposed. (I'd also love to see an Orient Express expansion, but that's an aside)

Orient Express Expansion would be a winner with me.

Consider buying one of these - I have two, one for the big and one for the small cards. Since then, I can even put two additional boards on my table! :)

pic2906068_lg.jpg

I have one, real space saver. Need to get one for the smaller cards though.

@PzVIE : I would buy it but I can't seem to find it in my country at all. And i don't really want to pay shipping more than the product itself(IF it was an online store that would be willing to send it).

@PzVIE : I would buy it but I can't seem to find it in my country at all. And i don't really want to pay shipping more than the product itself(IF it was an online store that would be willing to send it).

Of course, it's a European company ... I hear you. I have the same woes when I order from overseas ... :(