Sign in to follow this  
Osbo25

Add Red Dice (to increase speed of game play)

the player rolling my attacks could NOT stop rolling 6's and myself 1's

I saw this comment in another thread, and it reminded of something that I did just to help speed things along a little bit.

In addition to the regular game dice, I added six red dice.  Every player now gets one regular die and one red die, and every player does all of his own battle/psychic combat rolls.  His die is always the Talisman die while the enemy's die is always the red die (with the exception of when he goes up against another character).  This also has the added benefit of everyone having two dice already at hand for when they need two (such as at the Temple).  Obviously, there are occasions where three or more dice are needed.  Those are just dealt with as they come up.

I noticed that my friends would get to talking and wouldn't always be paying attention.  Rather than sitting there saying, "Hey.....Hey.....HEY!!!! ROLL THE DIE!" it was easier just to have everyone do his own rolls.  It has noticeably sped things up.

We've discussed this as well but we think it would only make players less focused. We've discussed other possibilities to involve players more. Taking responsibility for certain kind of enemies is one possibility. Should keep everybody on their toes, hopefully.