Sign in to follow this  
Kwek

[LCG] Neutral Cards

off the bat, this is plainly speculative -

i wanted to open up discussion on the collation of cards. i understand that like other LCG models, we are looking at a minimum purchase of 3 core sets. the underlying problem here is the availability of neutral cards.

i've heard a lot of people saying that the LCG model is a cheaper alternative (and at the end of it, these are all money sinks). the thing is, when you're in the situation were you need to make another deck - you'll be short of staple neutral cards (especially when you want to start a playgroup)

if ever we are going to see the same distribution model as other LCGs, will it be possible to see chapter packs that contain only these cards? possibly a bit pricier than your common chapter pack, but not as expensive as 3 more core sets.

off the bat, this is plainly speculative -

i wanted to open up discussion on the collation of cards. i understand that like other LCG models, we are looking at a minimum purchase of 3 core sets. the underlying problem here is the availability of neutral cards.

i've heard a lot of people saying that the LCG model is a cheaper alternative (and at the end of it, these are all money sinks). the thing is, when you're in the situation were you need to make another deck - you'll be short of staple neutral cards (especially when you want to start a playgroup)

if ever we are going to see the same distribution model as other LCGs, will it be possible to see chapter packs that contain only these cards? possibly a bit pricier than your common chapter pack, but not as expensive as 3 more core sets.

Not likely. FFG probably likes to sell more core sets.

It would make sense for FFG to include a playset of the utility cards that every deck runs (if there are any).  If they don't, I'll do what I did during Emperor.  All of my decks ran Courage of the Mantis and I moved those three cards between sleeves depending on what deck I was playing.

I think a bigger issue is having cards that every deck runs.  I'd like to see game design that veers away from that concept. 

We still don't know what will be in CS. FFG uses really different distribution systems in their LCG. In Android Netrunner some cards were in three copies, some two and some one copy in single CS. Warhammer Conquest has neutral cards in two copies. AFAIK A Game of Thrones 2.0 has every card in single copy. 

We still don't know what will be in CS. FFG uses really different distribution systems in their LCG. In Android Netrunner some cards were in three copies, some two and some one copy in single CS. Warhammer Conquest has neutral cards in two copies. AFAIK A Game of Thrones 2.0 has every card in single copy. 

In AGoT 2.0, economy locations were 2-of, as were several Neutral Characters and Events.

I think a bigger issue is having cards that every deck runs.  I'd like to see game design that veers away from that concept. 

The long term goal will probably be this, but in the first year- perhaps two- it is unlikely.

Neutrals that most decks would use were 4 of in the AGoT v2.0 so by the time you have 3 cores you have 12 copies. That's 4 decks at the same time if you 3 of. Many of these neutral cards top out at 2 of once you have some good faction cards.

Also A:NR was the first LCG, FFG has learned a lot about what a core set should be and AGoT v2.0 really brings home that point. I expect the first deluxe expansions are announced they will be 1-2 clan specific.