Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Dakotan

Is there anything from Rebels in this game?

Hello. Just a quick question. 

I'm putting together an article about stuff from Star Wars Rebels in games, and was wondering if there was anything in F&D as I haven't had a chance to play anything more than the beginner game yet. 

Specifically, is Lothal detailed anywhere? The VCX is statted out right? I think I saw some artwork of Kanan in there, but none of the actual characters show up I would assume. 

Any little tidbits help. If you have an image or a PDF of the page in question, even better.

Thanks so much. :) 

There is a decent amount of stuff from rebels. As you said the VCX is statted out as well as artwork of Kanan. There is a new book called Nexus of Power that is shipping. It is a sourcebook for areas strong in the force. Lothal is one of the planets detailed in the book.

VCX is statted out in Keeping the Peace. Unfortunately, It's not as agile as the Ghost. The books are written a year in advanced. I think one of the developers mentioned that only one or two episodes of Rebels was released at the time Keeping the Peace was being developed. Since we're finally starting to see published material revolving around Rebels, it's only a matter of time before we see stats for Lasat and "Blaster Pistol lightsaber hilts".

Yeah, the only crunch item that originally comes from Rebels that's been covered has been the VCX-100, which as kaosoe noted is not nearly as awesome as the Ghost

Technically, the Quaser-Fire carrier in Stay on Target could count, as it's an older Legends ship that's made it into the new canon courtesy of Homecomings.

But beyond that, it's mostly been artwork of characters, with Kanan showing up in the FaD core rulebook, and an image of Chopper and Zeb possibly appearing in the upcoming Special Modifications book.

Yeah, the only crunch item that originally comes from Rebels that's been covered has been the VCX-100, which as kaosoe noted is not nearly as awesome as the Ghost

Technically, the Quaser-Fire carrier in Stay on Target could count, as it's an older Legends ship that's made it into the new canon courtesy of Homecomings.

But beyond that, it's mostly been artwork of characters, with Kanan showing up in the FaD core rulebook, and an image of Chopper and Zeb possibly appearing in the upcoming Special Modifications book.

Random bump, because I think the VCX-100 is not getting enough credit for its awesomeness. The ship comes with 5 HP and SH 5, which allowed to for a retrofitted hangar bay and store a swoop and attack shuttle just fine, add an astromech socket for target locks and watch your back actions and a 0.5 hyper-drive and you have a mean ship that beats the Millennium Falcon any day, it comes as well with a good amount of weapons and crew stations as well. Properly modded it is really awesome and blows away a stock gozanti for less credits spend without any trouble. The falcon is still a better squad leader thanks to its Silhouette 4, but losing evasive maneuvers, stay on target and gain the advantage is not a big deal considering all the advantages the VCX-100 brings. 

Size 5 ships in general are awesome and affordable home bases. A heavy modified gozanti would be awesome as well, but than we are in the 500,000-600,000 credit range to fully equip that baby. 

Edited by SEApocalypse

I hope that the Rebels sourcebook gets an update soon with information from season 2.  A planetary folio for Lira San and information relating to their Force Sensitive culture would be great.  There's now at least mention of the warrior tradition among the Lasat Honor Guard, so it would be cool to see that in there as well.  I'm a little disappointed that Lira San and the Lasat weren't mentioned in Nexus of Power as they seem more appropriate to the subject than Gungans who are even less likely to leave Naboo than the Lasat are to leave Lira San.  I have grown to quite like the Lasat and I hope they end up in a source book soon because they fit in everywhere.

I hope that the Rebels sourcebook gets an update soon with information from season 2.  A planetary folio for Lira San and information relating to their Force Sensitive culture would be great.  There's now at least mention of the warrior tradition among the Lasat Honor Guard, so it would be cool to see that in there as well.  I'm a little disappointed that Lira San and the Lasat weren't mentioned in Nexus of Power as they seem more appropriate to the subject than Gungans who are even less likely to leave Naboo than the Lasat are to leave Lira San.  I have grown to quite like the Lasat and I hope they end up in a source book soon because they fit in everywhere.

A season 2 book is in production.