Sign in to follow this  
Chrissr09

SC Imperial List

I am completely overhauling my list from my last store championship since it was completely destroyed except for the last game, but only because he flew his ISD off the field. So I am looking to get some critique on this new list that I have created.

Empire: 400/400

Objectives:

-Advanced Gunnery

-Hyperspace Assault

-Superior Positions

ISD 1 (110)

-Phylon Q7 Tractor Beams (6)

VSD 2 (85)

-Admiral Motti (24)

-Warlord (8)

-Overload Pulse (8)

Glad 1 (56)

-Demolisher (10)

-Ordnance Experts (4)

-Engine techs (8)

-Assault Proton Torpedoes (5)

Glad 1 (56)

-Insidious (3)

-Ordnance Experts (4)

-Expanded Launchers (13)

I hope to keep the ISD and VSD relatively close together while the Glad's sweep around behind and just basically wear them down as best as they can.Then have the 2 larger ships come in and finish them off.

Edited by Chrissr09

needs some fighter protection Rebel bombers will tear this list to pieces

I've thought about this but the last store championship I went to I ran a Dengar/Howlrunner interceptor ball but it was basically useless.

No Squadrons is fine, if you have a nasty fleet  that can quickly get rid of opposing ships.

That being said, 400 points is not doing you any favours, you need the initiative, do you have Raiders you can use? this comes in at 388/400 pts

FLEET
SHIP: Imperial II (169pts)
Admiral Screed
Captain Needa
Electronic Countermeasures
Leading Shots
Turbolaser Reroute Circuits
Relentless

SHIP: Gladiator I (92pts)
Intel Officer
Ordnance Experts
Engine Techs
Assault Concussion Missiles
Demolisher

SHIP: Gladiator I (78pts)
Ordnance Experts
Engine Techs
Assault Concussion Missiles
Insidious

SHIP: Raider I (49pts)
Assault Proton Torpedoes

Advanced Gunnery
Hyperspace Assault
Superior Positions
Edited by TheEasternKing

"No Squadrons is fine, if you have a nasty fleet that can quickly get rid of opposing ships."

You sir are amazing! Finally someone that agrees with my logic.

Haha, thanks.

I tend to either go full ship, or full squadrons (as near to 134pts as I can get.) both can be very potent, never ever listen to the "zomg no squadrons!!" or "zomg no ECM" just make a list, play it, learn it, refine it, and you will have fun.

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely play test this list and see how it goes. Would it be beneficial to throw an Ordnance Experts on the raider too? I don't think the lists around my area drop below 396 so that would still keep me in bid for initiative.

Edited by Chrissr09

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely play test this list and see how it goes. Would it be beneficial to throw an Ordnance Experts on the raider too? I don't think the lists around my area drop below 396 so that would still keep me in bid for initiative.

If you think you can still get player one, by all means man throw them on, they are useful.

If i get crap rolls off of my glads then i could reroll and have a better chance of rolling multiple crit/hits with Ord Exp instead of just one crit/hit with screed.

Edited by Chrissr09

Its running a slow VSD without squadrons thatconcerns me, that thing will get bogged down. The others move quickly and punish your opponent on not using nav or repair commands whilst they tryto make their squadrons useful.

needs some fighter protection Rebel bombers will tear this list to pieces

I've thought about this but the last store championship I went to I ran a Dengar/Howlrunner interceptor ball but it was basically useless.

You don't necessarily need fighters but you need something to keep fighters at bay

Point Defence Reroute might be worth it on ships with Blue Anti Squadron dice; it kicks you up to a 75% chance of scoring a hit. But Squadrons are the best way to stop other squadrons.

I'd get rid of Insidious; you won't be able to even try for rear shots until turn 5 or 6. For one more point you could take Support Officer (At the start of the command phase, discard this card to discard all your command dials) which could get you that Precision Fire Command Dial or Maneuver Command Dial you suddenly want.

So I play tested both lists the other night. The first game I went with my original idea against Ackbar on a M2AF with enhanced armament and 3 mc30 with rapid reload and TRC. Using engine Techs on the glads, I circled behind the M2AF and took it out on turn 3. I also lost the box that round from a mc30 broadside. Round 5 I destroyed a mc30 with the 2 glads. Despite having crap rolls on every attack I ended it with only losing the Vic.plus a better gain when superior positions. I ended up with 7 victory tokens.

On the second game I tested the suggested list above. I won that one too, only losing the raider and a glad to Ackbar on an mc80. I ended up going first this time, poetry much against the same list but an mc80 over the M2AF. I liked the defensive capabilities but my red/blue rolls off of the imp were always terrible up until the finishing blow on the mc80. Hyperspace Assault put Insidious right behind the mc80 and did a good bit of damage to him before he died in the 3rd. Demolisher took out another mc30 and the imp finished off the second but was almost dead from mc30 broadside fire. So I'm still torn on which to use because both were fun and both kicked ass. So yea, anymore suggestions would be great or any added advice to better these 2 list is appreciated.