Sign in to follow this  
Zarasu

[RPG] Winter Court 5

In addition to promoting on this board, we have some enthusiastic fan support at Gen Con. Be on the lookout for the flyer below and pass them to friends who may be interested in our game!

winter_court_5_ad_by_bitterlilraccoon-da

Samurai of Rokugan,

The Magnificent Emperor lives! Emperor Iweko II resides now in Shiro Mirumoto with the Dragon Clan and has called on his servants to join him for court this Winter. Invitations should be making their way shortly to those deemed worthy of the duty of representing their Clan this year.  The Divine Son understands the Empire’s drastic circumstance and is prepared to accept the petitions of those your Champions have deemed worthy.

Carry the Fortunes,

Miya Kiyokaizu

Imperial Herald

--------------------------------

Player applications are now being accepted for Winter Court 5. Applications can be found at the link here and will be accepted up until October 14th. Those whose application is accepted will receive an email of acceptance with further instructions and information at the time of the acceptance of their application.

More information regarding Winter Court 5 can be found at www.winter-court.com.

While I am certain one of the Admins for WC5 will be on here to clarify it better, let me give a little bit of History and Explanation.

Winter Court, in Rokugan, is the political battlefield where Great Clans negotiate, double-deal, and grandstand against each other to try to secure resources and prestige. As the summer is the season of war with armies, winter is the season of war with courtiers. Traditionally, there are several Winter Courts, but one every year has the honor of hosting the reigning Emperor, and is thus the most important Winter Court in the land.

In game terms, Winter Court is a series of Play by Post forum games using the Legend of the Five Rings RPG rules. This game takes place during a significant Winter Court. Winter Court 1 through 4 were run by AEG once every two years, for about three months each. Each Winter Court had several In Game stakes with it, and frequently served as a source for newly carded Personalities in the CCG. As such, it served as a way for those of us who are not the best CCG players to impact the storyline of the game we all loved.

Winter Court 5 is a fan-created attempt to replicate the experience of the official Winter Courts during the off-season of the post-AEG, pre-FFG period. Effectively, it is an attempt to keep the spirit of the game alive during these lean months, and to show FFG that an interactive storyline which rewards RPG players would still be something we want.

What sndwrks stated is all true. And given the circumstance of how this current iteration of the game came to be, we created a whole historical chapter detailing the backstory of the setting so players know exactly what their characters will be getting into and understand the stakes of the court. We, the WC5 staff have worked long and hard to bring this game into fruition and want everything to be as complete as possible for the enjoyment of the L5R community.

The first all-staff meeting for WC5 was today. It looks like we have a very solid crew, willing to do what must be done for the good of the Empire. Stay tuned for more news in the coming weeks!

In a sense, this Winter court is a lot more free than previous ones, since there is no longer such a thing as a canon storyline.

I am curious whether the re-launch of the LCG will also reset or "fork" the timelines as it is, and if any of the stuff happening here will carry over in some fashion.

There are just over two weeks left in the player application process. Apply Now!

Mantis, Crab, Dragon, Unicorn! We could use more of you.

UTZ!

Especially Dragon, considering the court is being held at Shiro Mirumoto.

But Mantis needn't bother, there's only supposed to be about six of you left anyhow! ;)

You just convinced me to apply....

Edit:  The Player application form, for those who may have trouble finding it.

I'm not gunna lie, the chance to be a Mantis under Aranai, throwing everyone the middlefinger and saying "These colonies are mine suckers" is probably one of the best parts of this setting. Colonial warlords are awesome for sure! 

I still have to finish mine...

I'm not gunna lie, the chance to be a Mantis under Aranai, throwing everyone the middlefinger and saying "These colonies are mine suckers" is probably one of the best parts of this setting. Colonial warlords are awesome for sure! 

I still have to finish mine...

Well, Arashi. But what's the difference?

Stay tuned and find out!