Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zarasu

[RPG] Winter Court 5

202 posts in this topic

In the year 1200 of the Isawa calendar, the newly anointed Emperor attempts to reign in control of the Spider Clan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the year 1201 of the Isawa Calendar, the diabolical forces of Daigotsu Kanpeki deal the first in a series of crushing blows upon the Empire's mainland.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Year 1202. The Empire scrambles to rally its forces.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the year 1203, the Children of the Ki-Rin regroup while the Emperor's brother weaves his web.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the year 1204, the Phoenix seek Heaven's guidance and the Emperor must make a costly choice to save the Empire's future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had always been assumed that it was only a matter of time before Kanpeki would be defeated. In the year 1205, the Empire must face the possibility that it may lose.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the year 1206, the Phoenix Clan seizes what cannot be offered.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the year 1208, strange news and bizzarre rumors seize the wind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The year 1209. The Crab Clan strike back at the Darkness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Year 1210, players old and new take the board.

The Year 1211. Bargains, consequence, and grasps for hope from the dust.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Year 1212, the remnants of the Empire press back against despair.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the year 1213, the Empire begins to count the cost.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Year 1214, the Prodigal Son returns.

http://winter-court.com/docs/histories/Year_1214.pdf

http://winter-court.com/docs/fictions/Inheritance.pdf

In the year 1215, Kanpeki makes his presence known.

http://winter-court.com/docs/histories/Year_1215.pdf

In the Year 1216, ruin enters quietly and gently.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the year 1217, the Nine Dragons are called.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Current State of Affairs for each Clan are available now!

The moment you've been waiting for. The Winter Court 5 staff presents The house rule for game mechanics! Read carefully and thoroughly, because some of this will be VERY relevant to your character.

http://www.winter-court.com/wc5/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10

Edited by Zarasu
Seppun Kyosuta and adiaze like this

One small thing to note concerning an event in the timeline: the Phoenix accused the Moto family to be vulnerable to spiritual corruption, and not the Unicorn Clan. While one would think such accusation is worth investigating (for a great plethora of reasons), and IIRC, initially things progressed to this direction, but Moto Nergui torpedoed the investigation (one wonders why) through Moto Naalesh (you can see a pattern here). 

Where is that coming from ?

The group of gamemasters that propose to run Winter Court 5.

I've been looking at their site to see if it was officizalized by AEG or FFG, that was the real question.

I've been looking at their site to see if it was officizalized by AEG or FFG, that was the real question.

It's just a regular PBP. It has no "official" status, so it requires no more sanction from any body than someone's home game.

That's interesting.

http://www.winter-court.com/wc5/index.php

There are Mantis and Spider Embassies.  Will it be only Susumu loyal Spider?  And how will the GMs handle the massive Mantis losses?

Note: I have no in with the GMs, but...

Only Susumu loyal Spider? I'm sure they'll SAY they are.

Massive Mantis losses? Well, any at this Court will presumably be a higher percentage of the remaining Clan than normal,

Massive Mantis losses? Well, any at this Court will presumably be a higher percentage of the remaining Clan than normal,

Gah!  I meant to say Susumu Shibatsu. According to this entry in the wiki, there are only 100 left.

And concerning the Mantis, did we ever get clarification of when most of the Yoritomo are wiped out?  Was that at the battle of the Second or Third Seal?  How many Seals are down when this Winter Court takes place?

Bonus: Fighting sea monsters!

Gah!  I meant to say Susumu Shibatsu. According to this entry in the wiki, there are only 100 left.

And concerning the Mantis, did we ever get clarification of when most of the Yoritomo are wiped out?  Was that at the battle of the Second or Third Seal?  How many Seals are down when this Winter Court takes place?

I imagine all this information will have to be invented, or derived from whatever story notes the old Story Team had.

We are an officially UNofficial cadre of Winter Court alumni who are passionate about keeping the tradition of this game alive through the FFG transition.

That's interesting.

http://www.winter-court.com/wc5/index.php

There are Mantis and Spider Embassies.  Will it be only Susumu loyal Spider?  And how will the GMs handle the massive Mantis losses?

The Susumu family are IN to the capacity that the Spider playbase will allow them... though not without their scars.  :D

As to the Mantis: Total genocide is rather tricky to pull off when you have such diffused and mobile power structure like theirs.

You did not receive clarification and we do have plans on how that will take place. The number of seals left is in our team's hands.

Edited by Zarasu

Initial post updated.

The write up for the Battle of the First Seal seems to have skipped the Mantis that were there along with Yoritomo Harumi.

I like the Scorpion part.  Makes me wonder which factions will show up for Court.

The write up for the Battle of the First Seal seems to have skipped the Mantis that were there along with Yoritomo Harumi.

Probably doesn't help that the card flavor text barely mentioned them.

And Norimichi's dead, as opposed to maimed.

It's all good, the canon divergence has to grow anyhow once you reach the extreme frontier of what material we DID have.

Oh hai, Samurai! Looks like it's another update at the top.. And what do we have here? A fiction? From a Sean Fisk?

Fascinating.

It's nice to see more fiction being posted.

Shinjo Min-hee remains a completely unlikable character.  It looks like the WC5 GMs didn't take kindly to the planned offing of Moto Naleesh.

The second part makes me think someone has been binge watching Game of Thrones.  I don't recall, but has Kanpeki's daughter been named yet?

Reading through the timeline its really nice to see some of the ideas that percolated during WC4 being used. I smiled when I read the line about use of the Blood of the Preserver to restore Otosan Uchi.