- SD

Arvel

- Homing Missiles

- SD

Greenie

- PtL

- Homing Missiles

- SD

It was tricky to fly, but I always ended up in the top half in tournaments. I was determined to do even better, so I always practised flying them.

I am still very new here. I came in about time of The Force Awakens hit the cinemas.

My First list:

Poe Dameron

-Deadeye

-Proton Torpedoes

-Weapons Guidance

-BB-8

Blue Ace

Tycho Celchu

-Concussion Missiles

-Push the limit

And this weekend I have been to my first tournament with this:

Poe Dameron

-BB-8

-Wired

-Weapons Guidance

-Integrated Astromech

2x Red Squadron Veteran

-Targeting Astromech

-Cool Hand

-Weapons Guidance

-Integrated Astromech

Ended 14th out of 23.

Here are my first two lists:

REBELS:

Han Solo + Marksmanship + Millennium Falcon title + Engine Upgrade

Red Squadron Pilot

Red Squadron Pilot

IMPERIAL:

Darth Vader + Squad Leader + Assault Missiles

Mauler Mithel 

Backstabber

Dark Curse

Black Squadron Pilot + Veteran Instincts

Rexlar Brath w/ Predator, HLC

Howlrunner

Mauler Mithil

Backstabber

Ran this list as it was basically all I had when I was starting out, tried it out at my first tournament and I remember it didn't work out quite as well as I hoped.

Brath did a fair bit of damage but the TIE's were constantly getting munched as I didn't fly them particularly well.

Jendon ST321

Jonus

Scimitar with Conc

Scimitar with Proton Torps

Whoo those days hahaa.  

Wait wait wait.  

My first theoretical one was before the defender was even fully released. 

Vessery

Vader 

Jendon

ROFL! 

My first expansion bought after the core was Slave 1. I plopped it down, said to my friends "I'm Boba Fett, bit**s" and proceeded to play Boba + TIE swarm. Came to the conclusion that boba fett's ability sucked.

Edited by DariusAPB

The first time I showed up at a shop to play, all I had for a collection was 2 Core Sets, a Lambda, and a Defender.

I'm trying to remember what it was and it's blurry. I believe it resembled the following:

Colonel Jendon (26)

Advanced Sensors (3)

Weapon's Engineer (3)

Rexler Brath (37)

Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

Academy Pilot (12) 

​Academy Pilot (12)

Total (100)

I put this together thinking it might be good (having not once looking at the forums or videos of people playing online). Needless to say, I played someone with some experience and got ROFLstomped. Regardless a few months later I showed up to my first tournament with the following list:

Omicron Group Pilot (21)

Advanced Sensors (3)

Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

"Howlrunner" (18)

Swarm Tactics (2)

Academy Pilot (12)

Academy Pilot (12)
Academy Pilot (12)
Academy Pilot (12)
Total (100)

I ended up playing this list well the week leading up to the tournament and then going 0-3 before dropping. Still a fun experience. I've learned a lot over this past year, but one thing that hasn't changed is my desire to run the shuttle, regardless of how good it is or isn't. (And I don't just mean as a Palpmobile, although I do that often as well.)
Edited by Zabuzauz

I played casually after I found it in a store after wave 1.  I bought all I could, and when I finally got around to attending a tournament it was in the age of "Biggs walks the dogs", but I played the "red daggers" list:

2x Red Squadron x-wing

2x Dagger squadron B-Wing with Advanced sensors

I played that at a few tournaments, never won one, but did get in the upper half of each of them.  Then at some point the Phantom came out and my turn to the dark side was complete.  I haven't really played x-wings or b-wings in about a year now.  But someday I may dust off that old first list :)

This was Wave 3 so no Refit or Bandits. This was my very first game and very first tournament. I borrow ships from some guy I'd never met before while I bid on an auction to start my collection. 

Prototype Pilot — A-Wing 17 Ship Total: 17 

Kyle Katarn — HWK-290 21 Blaster Turret 4 Ship Total: 25 

Biggs Darklighter — X-Wing 25 R2-F2 3 Stealth Device 3 Ship Total: 31 

Blue Squadron Pilot — B-Wing 22 Ship Total: 22 

I have 5 points left over and I have no idea what else I had. I'm 99% sure I had the title or recon spec leaving me with 2 points. My guess is swarm tactics...

I think this (or something very close to it) was the first tournament list I flew.  I'd just got Rebel Aces and the X-Wing expansion, so was very much building around them.  I won 2, lost 2, so not terrible for a first attempt.  :)

Jake Farrell (24)
Chardaan Refit (-2)

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)

Garven Dreis (26)

"Dutch" Vander (23)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
R5-K6 (2)

Total: 100

Edited by Jarval

My first 100 point list was made for the Assault on Imdaar Alpha tournament (so before wave 4 was officially released).
Ten Nunb (31)
Fire Control System (2)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
Wedge Antilles (29)
R2-D2 (4)
Prototype Pilot (17)
Stealth Device (3)

That brings the total up to 94. I'm guessing I had a couple of EPTs on Tenny or Wedge. Maybe Outmaneuver on Wedge and Veteran Instincts on Tenny? Maybe the Prototype Pilot was truly a Green Squadron Pilot?
Not sure. 
I had bought the A-Wing right before the tournament, and had a blast with it, became my favourite ship on the table and in lore (big Rogue Squadron on N64 fan).
I placed 4th out of 16ish. I forget what my first opponent ran apart from an X-Wing (Biggs or Wedge?) with R2-F2, however I beat him. My second opponent, the eventual winner, beat me with two generic B-Wings with Advanced Sensors, an X-Wing, and an ICT Y-Wing. My third game, I beat 8x Academy TIEs (he folded so he could leave earlier, meaning I was the only one with an unmodified win against the TIE swarm).

Being in 4th in the tournament earned me an E-Wing, a trade got me the Z-95 (traded him Heroclix for it), and the store credit won got me a TIE Defender post release (the Z-95 and E-Wing were pre-release). Having done so well with the list, I still remember it fondly, even if it may not have been the best.

I miss those tournaments where one could win ships before they were released.

My very first tournament list way back in 2014 was Chewie & 2 x Gold Squadron pilots with Ion Cannon turrets.  I decided as a noob to take a forgiving list with a lot of health & 360 degree arcs.  I think it went 3 - 3 on the day iirc.

My first 100p list was wedge dutch and biggs. Not super sure with uppgrades but dutch had ion turret and the mech that kan give back target lock on a die roll.

My first tournament list was

Lando with nien numb and I think vi or ptl, with biggs + stealth device and a rookie and I placed third.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!32:72:-1:-1:;44:-1,22,-1,-1:-1:11:U.61;44:-1,22,-1,-1:-1:11:U.61;46:37,38:3:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

I think that was it. When I decided to get into the game Phantoms started to be all the rage and Rebel Aces had just been previewed so I wanted to do something with it. The result was Roark Garnet with RecSpec, BT and Moldy Crow, 2 Blue Squadron B-Wings with Ion Cannons, /E2 and Tacticians (I can Ion and stress the Phantom before it recloaks, genius!) and a cheap Prototype A-Wing.

I don't think I ever put that list on the table. I did however continue to build similar lists and took one to my very first tournament:

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!44:-1,22,-1,-1:-1:-1:;44:-1,-1,-1,-1:-1:11:U.61;46:0,-1:-1:-1:;4:-1,2:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

Roark had to shrink drasticaly in order to work, so all he was left with was an ICT. The B-Wings also were stripped down to include one with Tactician and one with an Ion Cannon instead of both having both. That made enough room for Biggs Darklighter, still one of the strongest pilots ever created and certainly no different back then. I went 2/14 and was really happy with what I had accomplished in my noobiness.

My first "real" squad?

Vader w/ Concussion Missile

Backstabber

Dark Curse

2 x Academy Pilots.

Vader and Backstabber flanked while the rest took the brunt of it.  Mostly Dark Curse in the front to try to absorb the damage.  

How did it work?  I won or placed top 4 in every tournament for a year or so.  Even after Wave 2 hit, it was great.  I was taking out Soontir Fels like nothing.

My 1st list was

Rexler

Ptl

Tie mk 2

Hlc

Prockets

Krassis

-stuff

I got tired of krassis not being able to get target locks at ps 5 so I switched to

Rexler

Ptl

Tie mk ii

Hlc

Kath

Vi

Engine

Mangler

Rebel captive

And a 2 point bid. If I were to alter the list now I would drop ptl and mk ii engines on rexler for predator and a hull upgrade.