Sign in to follow this  
TylerTT

Yet another misleading box.

I would like to play 4 units of Wing Guard in skirmish. Sucks to have to buy the expansion 4 times for that.

2 times would be OK for me ...

Since the Wing Guard is also a Guardian and it seems that their Ability only triggers if they are next to a Non-Guardian Figure (at least that is what I can spot on the Promo Image), a list containing more than two Wing Guard deployment cards might be not the best idea. You will need some Units that are worth defending to get value out of their ability. 

Also, but this was already mentioned, you will probably get 6 Miniatures (three for the Elite Deployment card and three for the regular one). So if you really want to have miniatures for four squads, it's still a value box, considering you get another set of ugnaught tinkerers.

Of course, you'll end up with a lot of stuff you don't need, so that's not that environment friendly. Here's hoping that FF will do the same thing they did with the Stormtroopers and release alternate Miniatures at some point.

I think we should file a petition to ffg so that they allow printed deployment cards at tournaments, that way we could finally finish of this unnecessary rambling

In my case i play both, luckily in argentina we care about our community and also ffg doesnt provide us coverage, so proxying is allowed and encouraged, and most certainly nobody really cares about deployment cards, we use tokens to simbolize group activations and deployment cads for stat reference rather than game use. In a way the "advantage of underdevelopment" in my gaming community is that card rambling is meaningless.

The box art is AMAZING, i dont care if bosk is not in there, all the other miniatures are awesome, and so are the tiles. Buying multiple boxes of an expansion is not bad at all. For campaings players it helps us to have more than one campaing map already built so that we can speed up the gaming sesions so its not a bad idea, you can also outrule components limitation rule because in my view that rule is sort of ridiculous, i want to run 4 units of tuskens in campaing play godammit

Hahaha this again! I presume this is tongue in cheek, after the 'Fett fiasco?'

Does anyone actually care?

After 5 waves of products everyone gets the distribution model of Imperial Assault. We're talking about niche gaming products here. No one's Aunt is in Tesco/Walmart/Target picking this up for little Jimmy because he loves Fett, Leia or Bossk and then ruining his Birthday when he opens it to find a chit instead of a mini.

Although yes - the deployment card issue does piss me off - why are some units in the game artifically restricted?

If Wing Guards are meant to be the Scum trooper equivalent - there will almost certainly be a standalone pack for them.

I don't think many people have a problem with paying an extra 10-20 bucks for the AVP's.  I think the real problem comes with having to buy multiple big box expansions just to run the generics in skirmish.  This is what we have seen come up in every thread and FFG hasn't supplied an answer yet.  As I've said in a few threads now, from what I can tell in my area it is the #1 thing holding this game back from establishing a strong skirmish scene.  The player base is there, X-Wing is massive, Armada and the LCG's have very strong leagues, but IA falls behind based on the poor skirmish model.  I understand this is secondary to them, but for something that is secondary they still do invest quite a bit of money and marketing into it.  So you would think that they would want it to be successful and not just a bi-product.

As for the AVP's, they don't bother me.  If you break it all down you actually get a lot of content for your dollar.  The figure alone to me is worth the money, the poses are great, it adds to the story line of the campaign and I enjoy collecting them.  I spend more than that on a 6 pack of beer to watch a hockey game so why would I care about spending it to build my collection every now and then.

So for the same cost as going to a movie for 2 hours of entertainment you get a detailed miniature and the following:

(- denotes items included in every pack, * denotes items that are not included in every pack)

-New side mission to plug into your campaign (there is 2 hours of entertainment right there)

-New Skirmish mission with 2 new objectives (again, how any hours of entertainment do you get right there?  At least a hour to play through both objectives once)

-Agenda Deck OR Reward Card (depending on faction side, and some of the agenda decks are awesome like Crimson Empire from RGC)

-Command Cards (average is I think around 6, some as low as 4)

*Condition cards (if afflicted by the included figure)

*Skirmish upgrades (not every pack but seem to balance when there is a lower amount of command cards)

So when you actually break these packs down the value is immense, imo.  FFG is not trying to rip us off, obviously they have a model set up to get us to spend money, but that doesn't make them crooks it makes them a business.  All you have to do is break down the components and ask yourself if dollars to donuts is it worth what I paid.  So far I have been able to say for every single component that we are actually coming out on top for value vs. dollars.  And it looks like they are listening to us, we asked for more Skirmish upgrades in the AVP blister packs and from what I can see all of wave 6 has one.  Following that 4 card and 1 skirmish rule, or in the case of multiple generic figures, 6 and 1.  I am more than fine with that as I feel there are enough command cards already.

Hahaha this again! I presume this is tongue in cheek, after the 'Fett fiasco?'

Does anyone actually care?

After 5 waves of products everyone gets the distribution model of Imperial Assault. We're talking about niche gaming products here. No one's Aunt is in Tesco/Walmart/Target picking this up for little Jimmy because he loves Fett, Leia or Bossk and then ruining his Birthday when he opens it to find a chit instead of a mini.

Although yes - the deployment card issue does piss me off - why are some units in the game artifically restricted?

If Wing Guards are meant to be the Scum trooper equivalent - there will almost certainly be a standalone pack for them.

I just had an epiphany!!

Could FFG solve this whole issue by adding extra regular & elite cards for the troops in the expansions but give them the skirmish icon.  That would then maintain the integrity of "box contents are all you can use for campaign" while giving the skirmish players the cards they want!