Sign in to follow this  
ThePinkyBrains

Scum with Emon Azzameen

I'm looking to incorporate some bomb tokens into my games, not really as a gimmick, but just to have as on option. Plus I am finding it really hard not to play empire, and want a reason to play scum. Bombs seem pretty scummy to me. So here goes:

Emon Azzameen (36)

Proximity Mines (3)
Intelligence Agent (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Slave I (0)

Torkil Mux (19)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
K4 Security Droid (3)
Moldy Crow (3)

Kaa'To Leeachos (15)

Black Sun Soldier (13)

Total: 100

Emon needs K4 droid or Dengar or something that keeps his damage decent on the turns he drops mines.

Also, conner net is really good on him.  Excellent anti-soontir tech right there (or any high PS ace, really).

I would try to put twin laser turret on Mux if you can.  Enemies are going to avoid getting into range 1-2 of him, so at least with twin laser, Mux is not totally useless when enemy ships are at R3...

My favorite Mad Bomber Build was, it's a bit dated:

An Amazzeen Suhlakking!

Emmon + Andrasta + Bossk+ Prox x3

N'Dru +Lone Wolf + Hotshot + Hull

Cartel Spacer x2 (or bugzapper Zs)

Soon I think Dengar takes over for Bossk and some of the other pieces change out since munitions might be good.  There is a "how to sling shot bombs" article somewhere that did a pretty good job of showing how I played it.  It was great fun.  I'll be breaking it back out again soon. 

My favorite Mad Bomber Build was, it's a bit dated:

An Amazzeen Suhlakking!

Emmon + Andrasta + Bossk+ Prox x3

N'Dru +Lone Wolf + Hotshot + Hull

Cartel Spacer x2 (or bugzapper Zs)

Soon I think Dengar takes over for Bossk and some of the other pieces change out since munitions might be good.  There is a "how to sling shot bombs" article somewhere that did a pretty good job of showing how I played it.  It was great fun.  I'll be breaking it back out again soon. 

Replace the Andrasta with Slave 1, you can have Extra munitions, Dengar, Long Range Scanners and Ion Pulse missiles or others.

I think Slave 1 with extra munitions and a range 2-3 missile with LRS is the way to go.  Not sure if I want Ion Pulse, Concussion, or what.  Without the third bomb for damage I'm leaning towards Concussion. 

N'dru also swaps out hotshot and hull for clusters and glimmer while the spacer becomes a Z if needed for points shaving. 

My argument is for the first turn of nothing, you get to take a TL then shoot a Focus/TL shot easily. Also having to do green for your TL is tricky while Emon is going hard turns to slingshot his bombs/mines. Dengar is awesome because he works in all situations, you can shoot your missile with Focus/Dengar with LRS which is arguably better then Chip's 1 insta hit. Your call though.

I wanted to run a bomb heavy list for a while and I haven't done it yet, but I had an emon build I thought would be fun. I was waiting for the K-Wing to drop but then I got away from the game for a while.

Emon

Prox mines

Intel agent

Inertial dampeners

Prox mines

Prox mines

Experimental interface

Andrasta

Syndicate thug

Autoblaster turret

Extra munitions

Bomb loadout

Prox mines

Syndicate thug

Autoblaster turret

Extra munitions

Bomb loadout

Prox mines.

As for Emon, look up the "slingshot maneuver" basically it involves using the three turn template to move up, then dropping a bomb with the three turn template. This lets you essentially throw a bomb at distance 7 directly in front of where Emon was positioned at the start of the turn.