Sign in to follow this  
Hybrid

SECRETS OF ARKHAM core supplement

If the futur Azatoth is exactly the same we already got in previous edition, even if you summoned him from your grave, you'll be eliminated at the end of the turn, as the second part of the text is a passive effect and has nothing to do with the forced response.gui%C3%B1o.gif

MechSpike said:

Can Azothoth be destroyed in any regular manner? 

The version of Forgotten Cities could be destroyed easilly. Or driven insane or... It had no icons at all (Blind, Idiotic) and no toughtness/invulnerability.

R127.jpg

Ahh I see now the separation from the response trigger. Making being eliminated  compulsory.

One question though.

Since Azathoth is so easy to remove, it seems that a person would likely not want to eliminate him due to the opposing player losing at the end of his turn by being eliminated himself.

If azathoth is eliminated before the end of the turn, the player isnt eliminated, correct?

In M:tG terms, he has a very powerful Wrath of God or Obliterate type of ability with a commensurately powerful drawback. Win by the end of the turn or lose.

MechSpike said:

I'm pretty sure you would still lose...I could be wrong though. The card doesn't say "If Azathoth is still in play at the end of the turn, you lose the game"

It's a lingering effect that depends on the card still being in play. Notice how it's a seperate line, it's not part of the response trigger. So, you can kill him and live. Ofcourse, your opponent can try to cancel you killing it, which would have terrible results for you...

End of turn and end of game differ. Win three stories and the game ends (usually), even if it is mid-turn. Azathoth's effect is thus avoided.

Let's say you have three stories won, but Conspiracy Theorist is in play, necessitating that a conspiracy be one of the three for the win. Azathoth emerges. Theorist dies. You win. End of game, middle of turn.

Samantha Grace makes it so that an additional story card need be won to win the game - similar scenario.

I forgot to post this here after I posted it to BGG, but FFG had the secrets of arkham expansion on display behind glass at the event center grand opening. So my educated guess is that this should hit the shelves by the middle of march, right after the last asylum pack for the dreamlands is released early march.

Secrets of Arkham expansion - Call of Cthulhu LCG

I really hope there are some domain cards in there too, but I am not holding my breath on that. So if it does have them I will be pleasently surpirsed and if it doesnt then I wont be too disappointed.

Hard to tell, but it looks to be the same dimensions as the two Thrones special expansions. One of them came with a "resin" house card, three-d over a card rectangle base. The other may have come with nothing. Maybe one was 50 card and one was 100? I could be totally off on this. Help, anyone?

I am looking forward to the 50 cards X 2 plus the ten new story cards. Core stories will be obsolete soon. New Hydra and Mi-Go Surgeon and Secrets of Arkham story card are known. Reprinted Azathoth, Necronomicon, and MU professors will be present with same or new image and stats as their old CCG selves. Are Feint and Diseased Sewer Rats in this set?

I am going to guess that if anything additional is in the box, it will be a piece of cheese. I hope instead to be eating crow.

Regarding the Thrones expansion and how it may relate to our own, ktom on the Thrones boards goes on to inform:

"The expansions did not include other items. The first one did include a resin House card, but since there was only 1 copy of each card in that set, it was almost universally seen as an annoyance that increased the price for people feeling the need to buy three copies for deck customization purposes. Very few AGoT players felt the need to own 3 resin House cards. The second set (the 100 card one) addressed these community concerns by providing 2 copies of each card at a lower price by removing the extra item(s). The resin House card associated with the second expansion set was sold as a separate item - not unlike the "Bag of Cthulhu" accessories.

The expansions did include alternate rules for different ways to play the game ("Civil War," "Kingsmoot," etc.). Such a possibility may exist with CoC, too."

Thanks again to ktom for the information.

Secrets of Arkham expansion is indeed the same size as the other AGoT expansion boxes. I even brought one of the AGoT boxes back to the display case to confirm that after taking the picture.

No other information was provided when I asked the other folks who work there. Likely because of NDA. (Non disclosure agreement)