Sign in to follow this  
Hybrid

SECRETS OF ARKHAM core supplement

I recall the original announcement a little differently, emphasizing the "new" cards. Perhaps there are 110 playable cards and ten story cards. That would possibly mean 2 X 50 reprints and ten new cards. But what do I know?

"Based on the dark mythos of master horror writer H.P. Lovecraft, the Secrets of Arkham expansion features a new 10-card story deck designed to take your experience with Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game down new paths of cosmic horror. This story deck provides an alternative to the story deck provided by the Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game Core Set.

This 110-card expansion also contains two copies of 50 different cards, featuring iconic mythos figures like Azathoth, Professor Armitage, and the Necronomicon, as well as introducing new cards and resurrecting old favorites from the archives for all seven Factions and neutral cards."

A reprinted Azathoth makes sense. Will Armitage undergo a similar transformation as he did from Arkham Edition to Dunwich AP. He went from 3-3-III to 3-3-AII, kept his willpower and gained a better Tome ability. What would be the next step? 2-3-CAII. Action: opponent must eat one musty tome. And the Necronomicon was slow. I'd hope to keep J-Good's art and unexpeded calamity the rest or at least cancel the action cost.

Bocchio's Mi-Go Surgeon, Hydra, Mother of the Deep, neutrals Diseased Sewer Rats and Feint, and story card the Secrets of Arkham.

"The 50 cards new to the LCG metagame" are reprints from the CCG metagame then?

And what about the "Six unique cards for each faction!?"

It's like New Coke or New New Minglewood Blues, it doesn't mean anything.

Newest guess for Secrets of Arkham expansion:

One all new card per faction and three new neutral cards =10 new cards

Five reprints per faction plus five re-printed neutrals = 40 reprints

Hope I'm wrong and it's more like 20 new cards, 30 reprints.

What's inside the equivalent Game of Thrones special expansions. The released boxes indicate one has 100 cards and the other perhaps 50 cards and the plastic house square thing. But the distribution of old and new cards would be interesting to know.

Glasser's Muse said:

Okay, I'm quite new to this game, but I love it and new to the forum, so hi everyone. :)

Do I understand this correctly: there will be an Azathoth card in this new set?

Hey! Welcome!

According to the text here Azathoth does make an appearance. G!

I really can't wait for this new expansion. I am attempting to spread the word of this game to other friends...

Soon...Cthulhu will rise again...

...as a respectable card game...

MechSpike said:

Any word on when this is coming out?

Various sites list it as end of february, but you have to take that with a huge fat grain of salt and not get too excited as they are often incorrect as they are correct about such things.

Glasser's Muse said:

Wow, I wonder what Azathoth would be like in-game?

I guess putting Azathoth into play will destroy every other card in play! At least that would be fitting.

Forgotten Cities Rare 127: Azathoth, the Blind Idiot God - neutral unique, Cost  6, Skill 6, Ancient One

Response: after Azathoth enters play from your hand, each player must sacrifice all characters not named Azathoth and all support cards he controls. At the end of the turn you are eliminated from the game.

johnny shoes said:

Forgotten Cities Rare 127: Azathoth, the Blind Idiot God - neutral unique, Cost  6, Skill 6, Ancient One

Response: after Azathoth enters play from your hand, each player must sacrifice all characters not named Azathoth and all support cards he controls. At the end of the turn you are eliminated from the game.

gran_risa.gif  Azathoth: The final word in Nuclear Chaos.

Glasser's Muse said:

Wow, that's scary... The last part 'you are eliminated from the game", does that refer to the player that has Azathoth out?

Yup. You don't summon Azathoth unless you mean it!