Sign in to follow this  
kaosoe

Something doesn't look right here

I was at my FLGS for a game when I decided to pick up a 6th set of dice (I needed a nice even number set).

Unfortunately, I didn't check the package until after I purchased the set and got home. It turned out all of the sets at the store were like this.

Bad_Dice_zps6gke9fkm.jpg

I'm pretty sure the setback dice are the black dice from Armada Imperial Assault.

Edited by kaosoe

Wait, ALL of your FLGS' RPG dice sets have the wrong black d6's?!?!

Your store should report that to FFG ASAP, especially if these packs came from the most recent shipment that arrived in February!

Good point. I wasn't thinking about it at the time. I'll call them up today when they open.

Wow.... That's a major screw up in QC right there...  A couple of guys from my group got some of the new dice as well... I'll have to check with them next week when we get together again.

Urgent Field Report:

I ordered 2 sets of RPG dice from Cool Stuff Inc. late this February along with other RPG stuff, but as I'm overseas and have bought from several other sites, I had them shipped to my friend so they could consolidate all my purchases and send them all in one package. My dice arrived at their location yesterday, and because of this thread, I had to ask them to check both dice sets and unfortunately, one of the sets had these:

awrfPeF.jpg?2

I will be reporting this issue to CSI and asking them for a return/replace, and will be advising them to check their other stock of dice for this issue. I do not know if this set came from the recent shipment, however, but would not be surprised.

So, for those of you or your friends who have purchased from your FLGS, please ask them to check the Setback dice of the sets they have and in the shops they bought from. Unless kaosoe's FLGS is Cool Stuff Inc., this is apparently not an isolated issue.

Edited by Radon Antila

That is the defense die for Imperial Assault. Imperial Assault uses all D6, Armada uses all D8.

In Imperial Assault, a starburst that looks slightly different than the one for the RPG is equivalent to 1 damage. The triangles each block 1 damage, much like failure cancels success in the RPG.

Not only does the IA die have a side with 3 "failures", it has 2 sides with 2, and a side with 1 (then a blank side, and a side with an "evade", which is pretty much a circle).

I just got a set from CoolStuff that had the wrong black dice in them as well. I kinda wish I hadn't seen this thread because now I'm wondering how long it would have taken me to notice. However, I am glad that I haven't opened it yet (as I only got the package two days ago). 

Somebody rolled a Despair when making that black dice.

On the bright side, I now have a use for the PC droid who removes seven of them on Deception checks...

That die is perfectly viable for another game FFG makes. I think the despair was on the check to sort and package the dice. ;)

On the bright side, I now have a use for the PC droid who removes seven of them on Deception checks...

In an effort to intentionally hijack the thread... do you give any bonuses to that PC when making Deception checks with such a ridiculous amount of setback removal? Edited by Holzy

In an effort to intentionally hijack the thread... do you give any bonuses to that PC when making Deception checks with that ridiculous amount of setback removal?

No, she's good enough anyway with Cunning 3 and Deception 5.

It does, however, allow her to get away with some truly ridiculous fibs, like convincing stormtroopers that she's their commanding officer.   Or seducing someone who's just not attracted to her species or gender, like a male whiphid who only likes other male whiphids, say. Or anything else that might generate silly amounts of black dice.

I think my record for black dice occurred when the Wookiee tried to audition for a twi'lek dance troupe.  I think I gave him 9 or 10, and props for trying.  Needless to say, he didn't get the job.

Edited by Maelora

I submitted a replacement request via their Asmodee system but I never received a reply, not even a robo-response. I'm supposed to be able to check on the status but I need a "Reference Code" which I either didn't get or didn't notice. Is anybody familiar with this system know the procedures know what I should expect next?

I sent my own request to Asmodee for part, and their system sent an email (from "Fantasy Flight Games" with an asmodee.com email address) to the address I entered into their request form about after 12 hours. The reference code was inside that email.

As of this writing, my request has been "In process" for almost three days, with no updates.

I sent my own request to Asmodee for part, and their system sent an email (from "Fantasy Flight Games" with an asmodee.com email address) to the address I entered into their request form about after 12 hours. The reference code was inside that email.

As of this writing, my request has been "In process" for almost three days, with no updates.

Same. I'm not sure what the average wait time. I imagine they're dealing with a lot of these support tickets. Someone is probably getting chewed out.