Sign in to follow this  
Raging Celt

What are the odds we'll see Lambdas, Gozantis and the like?

I hate to say this because I don't want to give them ideas. if they reached the point no one will buy fighter packs, they can start selling them in with ships and up the price. It might sound dum, but if you had to buy a victory to get 4 stands and a card for tie defenders, I think they would fly off the shelves.

What?  What are you doing? Quiet! They'll hear you!  ;)

I think what we're more likely to see is that if the fighter packs start to slack in sales, they'll release "Ace" versions. Same sculpts (possibly done in a new color though, so they stand out), new cards in the box.

And they might mix up which ones come in them.

Edited by Arowmund

[whisper so the drama queens don't hear]

Eh. I personally don't play X-Wing, but I don't think there could be as much a market for ace packs. Yeah the cards would be a draw, but I can easily repaint fighters, like many people have. Perhaps for competitive play, people would buy them. Personally, because I'm a very casual player, I'd just print the cards.

[/whisper so the drama queens don't hear]

Edit: agree with above. Just stop. It's pathetic And annoying. Take it to PM.

Edited by ElSee

[whisper so the drama queens don't hear]

Eh. I personally don't play X-Wing, but I don't think there could be as much a market for ace packs. Yeah the cards would be a draw, but I can easily repaint fighters, like many people have. Perhaps for competitive play, people would buy them. Personally, because I'm a very casual player, I'd just print the cards.

[/whisper so the drama queens don't hear]

Edit: agree with above. Just stop. It's pathetic And annoying. Take it to PM.

For what little it's worth, I didn't find any of it amusing either. And I don't blame you if you missed it, but I did ask him to take it to PM if he felt a need to continue it. I also said I was done responding, and mean it, so the drama (from my end at least) is done.

I do apologize to you each, and to Raging Celt in particular, and assure you again that, at least on my end, the issue is closed.

It's true, the minis can just be painted, and the cards printed, but I also mentioned the idea of mixing up which sculpts come in the ace pack.  Perhaps a way around that would be to incorporate more of a mission pack. For example, the Lam, 2 Elite TIE squads, new cards, and a mission card that uses what is in the pack?

Eh, maybe not.

Still, I think Vogons may have a point. Later than sooner (I hope), players just aren't going to need any more fighters, and I doubt the influx of new players will be enough to carry the sales. I suppose that could go for anything FFG issues though. Kind of disheartening to think of the ships from this game becoming peg warmers.

Bah, I'm not going to be a doomsayer. The game is performing well and going strong, and I have no doubt FFG will continue to make us happy.

I think theyt could easily sell an aces pack where they actually paint some of the existing minis and provide new inserts & cardboard. 

I also think that there will evenutally be a commanders who gives benefits to squadrons.  Maybe packed into an aces pack, maybe included with new ships that lean towards a carrier role.

I'm sure we will eventually see a new commander who gives all his squadrons rogue (trains and equips his squadrons for independant action). This commander will likely be fairly expensive and will make squadrons with native rogue overcosted, but it is thematic with all those rebel hyper capable fighters.

ANYWAY,

I'm really eager to learn what might be in Wave 3. If Gozantis and GR-75s are not imminent, then it raises the value of Star Wars: Rebellion for me. I'm still on the fence about it, and have less than two weeks to decide. (FLGS gives 15% discount on pre-orders.)

My outlook? Buy or pass on Rebellion on its own merits. If you're not likely to play it for what it is, I'd pass. Not sure what the price tag is, but it seems almost like buying Axis and Allies to get cooler looking soldiers for RISK.

... Okay, maybe not the best analogy, but still. 

That, and I'm pretty darn sure the Gozanti is coming. Maybe not wave 3, but coming. If nothing else, we might see it in a new pack similar to the Rogues and Villains pack; a Gozanti, the GR-75, and other support or supply designs?

I'm actually hoping we get the GR-75 and Gozanti as their own ship packs, either small or new tiny base. And that they intro a new upgrade slot for cargo, and the those upgrades giving a whole slew of support functions ranging from extra fighter activations, command token management, or even discard prevention.

(bursts out laughing*  So the only two ships we got are two of the least likely/expected designs?  lol

Don't get me wrong, happy to have them, but this better not be it.

---edit---

After some thought, I have to wonder if these are the same size as the ones from the upcoming Rebellion game. It's possible these have just been shoveled out early as a stop-gap till the rest comes.

Edited by Arowmund