LadySkywalker

Looking for Group? Want to start up a Game? Come to RPG.net!

You never know unless you try! :-)

If you need more time between posts to get sorted and compile your thoughts, mention in your campaign details that you're looking for a posting rate of 1/week (or something similar); you don't NEED to make it a daily thing - in fact, slower posts allow you to add more detail and length to posts you DO put up (look at Tempest Feud, and the kind of posts the players there provide!).

You could always try your hand at an adventure module too, if it helps - maybe Jewel of Yavin or something converted from an older system? That's what I'm doing whilst I get used to the GM role. :-D

Did you try your hand at it Kestin?

Anyone else out there looking to begin a campaign, or join and existing one? I've a few people mention that they don't know if anyone would be interested, so perhaps it's worth stating your interest in a public place (like here) to show others there would be eager parties?

I'm really strongly considering it, but I need an actual idea for a campaign. Also, I want to see if any of my players from my more in-person game would be interested in the different pace of a PbP before I work too hard on planning.

Is the site a real time chat based form of gaming site?  Or is it play by post?   I'm more familiar with chat based; with a dice roller, from various sites playing white wolf games.

It is play by post, but if everyone is online at the same time, and you would rather make your posts short, you could make real time chat work too.

I'd really like to join a PbP game as a player.  I've been GM for an arc of a Roll20 campaign that's wrapping up soon and I'm really looking forward to passing the reins so I can relax and enjoy the show for a change :D.  If anyone's starting a game I'd be happy to join whether its Age, Edge, or FaD!

@LadySkywalker: I'm going to make a profile, for future use, but I don't really get how to navigate the site; is it just because there aren't any FFG recruiting right now?

I highly recommend joining the site, whether for present or future use.

If you're looking to join a game I would recommend going onto the Recruitment Board and posting your interest in signing on with an FFG campaign. GMs in need of players may message you back, or potential GMs may see that there remains interested parties and start up their own campaign as a result, perhaps having been reassured that there are people looking to join new stories.

If you let me know what difficulties you are having navigating the site, I will get back to you as quickly as I am able.

Alternatively, I would recommend going onto the 'Star Wars' section of the site and looking over the list of campaigns.(They are grouped by what rules they use: Wizards, WEGs, and FFG or "EOTE".)

Each title links to the campaign's main board, and from each of their drop down "Board Links" buttons can you find their campaign details, game notes, and character pages. If you like what you see and are interested in joining, there should be a button called "Email DM/GM" that will let you send them an email. Mention your interest, tell them a little about yourself, and perhaps suggest a few concepts you would be keen on if there's room.

I HIGHLY recommend, if emailing the GM, that you read their campaign details and character pages closely, as you will then know beforehand of any concept restrictions, taken party roles, etc. Going to the GM without reading their details page shows a lack of interest and etiquette, and will waste time whilst she emails you back to veto your ideas.

My recommend, is all. :-) Message me back as to how it goes?

That's unfortunate. :-( Anyone else? Would be amazing to see more games over there!

Well that was sort of the problem really.  I checked it out, but the Star Wars content was non-existent.   So I didn't really see the point in signing up, as there wasn't anything going on.

I'd really like to join a PbP game as a player.  I've been GM for an arc of a Roll20 campaign that's wrapping up soon and I'm really looking forward to passing the reins so I can relax and enjoy the show for a change :D.  If anyone's starting a game I'd be happy to join whether its Age, Edge, or FaD!

@LadySkywalker: I'm going to make a profile, for future use, but I don't really get how to navigate the site; is it just because there aren't any FFG recruiting right now?

I've got a game going on right now and you could join. A Sathari would be perfect and anything else would be great. Pm me if you want to join.

Edited by SHADOWGUARD CHAMPION

That's unfortunate. :-( Anyone else? Would be amazing to see more games over there!

Well that was sort of the problem really.  I checked it out, but the Star Wars content was non-existent.   So I didn't really see the point in signing up, as there wasn't anything going on.

That's the main reason I started this thread.

The site has plenty of resources, and with the number of players/GMs for this system growing it seems natural to advertise a good place for them all to come together to play. Of course, this can only happen if people take their campaigns over there, or sign up as players and notify the lurking GMs/other players that they're looking for group. After all, there's been occasions in the past when a number of players-seeking-games requests have started up long-lasting campaigns... :-)

I remain adamant that the place will pick up. Hopefully when you check back in the future - if you do - there will be more of a reason to sign up.

Edited by LadySkywalker

To be honest I've never played a rpg because I can't talk any of my friends into the time commitment. (We mostly play armada and ia)but I've always been interested in force and destiny.

Does this site have a special place for new b players?

I think Shadowguard Champion was recruiting? Alternstively, I recommend posting your interest in either the General Discussion or Recruitment Board areas - perhaps there is someone in the wings there considering a campaign who could be persuaded to start one up if interested players are revealed?

I think Shadowguard Champion was recruiting? Alternstively, I recommend posting your interest in either the General Discussion or Recruitment Board areas - perhaps there is someone in the wings there considering a campaign who could be persuaded to start one up if interested players are revealed?

I have slot open, and now would be a very good time to join.