Sign in to follow this  
edwardavern

Where do you buy your SWRPG things (UK)?

Hi all

Just wondered where my fellow Brits buy their SWRPG goods?  I've been primarily using Amazon, since the FFG store adds ridiculous postage and packaging costs, but I was wondering if there is somewhere better?

I'm London-based (more or less), so if there's an actual shop that stocks stuff that would be fine too!

Thanks in advance.

I don't buy stuff off Amazon as I once worked for them. It won't make any difference to their HUGE tax break profit margins but I don't on principle. That documentary (on Channel 4?)  really was just the tip of the iceberg and only showed the 8 hr shift, I worked the 4 day/10 hour shift. I'll put it this way, if the government are worried about an obesity epidemic get Amazon to widen their aisles and send '... the fatties to Amazon...' believe me, the weight would soon start dropping off them :lol: I was walking 18+ miles a day and on a very busy day, I'd walk a marathon!! (I took in my Macdonald's Free podemeter) doctor/nutritionist both said I'd need 4K calories a day at least to keep going. I digress.....

I'd rather pay an extra £2-3 off Ebay still far cheaper than shops. Where I live is either a car, bus or train journey, of 17 or more miles, to the two 'Local' FGS and so I pay parking and petrol on top... stuff that! £5-10 saved is £5-10 that I can spend on the next book - curse you FFG

EDIT: back in the mid-late 80s we'd get a £1 daytripper ticket!! Oh the memories - even if it was p***ing it down with rain we'd STILL go shopping to the LFGS, get the earliest possible bus after 9am when the ticket became valid.

Edited by ExpandingUniverse

My local stores will get stuff in occasionally, but generally they have a rather limited selection of products if you're not looking for those Pop Vinyl figures or a variation of Monopoly. The internet is therefore my preferred method of choice. I don't tend to use Amazon, because for some reason they take forever with FFG products (at least in my experience). I tend to use bookdepository.co.uk, chaoscards.co.uk or gameslore.

I've found Amazon absolutely awful with getting in SWRPG stock. I've attempted to use them five times, and have been left waiting weeks before cancelling my order. I therefore either pop down to my local store, or buy things stuff through Wayland Games. Wayland is cheaper and get new releases in quicker, but my local is more likely to have regular supplies.