Sign in to follow this  
Eldritch Mike

Show Us Your Set-Up

As always, apologies if a thread already exists for this (except, y'know, for the one over on BGG). I looked around, but didn't see one.

I always like seeing how other people set up the game for ideas on how to improve things aesthetically or with efficiency. My own set-up has recently changed with the purchase of a new table just for Eldritch. I'd planned on saving it for our upcoming house-move, but that's fallen through and we're back to square one (though I can confirm the age-old lore that all Estate Agents and Landlords/Ladies are pure evil and whenever I lose a game of Eldritch now I'll take some satisfaction from knowing they're going down with the rest of the world).

In any case, I've decided to set up my new table, which I'm very happy with. But I won't take or post any pictures until I've added one more thing, which I recently found on ebay and am eagerly waiting for. Might take a while, but I can't wait to add it, hoping that it'll make for a great Mythos deck holder :)

So, show us your set-up!

I have absolutely no idea HOW to upload images to this forum, they don't exactly make it easy to find.

Same here really :). It seems like the pictures have got be uploaded somewhere on the net already, so you can copy/paste the URL to here.

If you're on gmail, I've just discovered Picasa Web album (which is totally free and comes as part of it - just use your gmail login). It's really easy to upload pictures from your computer to that and then get that all-important URL.

At least, I'm hoping that'll work...

I use postimg or imgur for uploading images and generating links. It's pretty easy. Just click "more reply options" and then click "image" and paste the url and you're good to go.

I went with Imgur :) so here's a typical setup for us. This is a two-player game, our table isn't massive however, we can fit a four or five player game if we don't use a sideboard and use a small table for Mythos and GOO related stuff. Essentially everything you see on the right hand side gets relegated to a small table, and everything on the left hand side is spread out. I'm sure we could make use of the space a little better, however we like this setup as it gives room to breathe on the table. Typically my GF prefers to play as Lead Investigator so she has all the GOO related stuff on her side, we also play using the "player to your right reads your cards" rule. Gives something for other players to do and prevents the active player from reading the card and forgetting to narrate the story.

22iQRqi.jpg

Oh and yes, we put gates and other important tokens into slot bases for ease. We don't use bases for clues, standard monsters, the omen track and investigator tokens, but pretty much everything else stands up and gets noticed :)

Petewyse, that's a neat set-up. I also use small tables (or a small table and a chair) for the side boards. Could squeeze them on the table but then I'd still need extra space for cards and tokens.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who uses bases for gates, though I also use them for investigators (looks like you have miniatures for them?), monsters, mystery, adventure and rumor tokens. I just much prefer adding a little three-dimensional aspect to the board to make it "pop".

Petewyse, that's a neat set-up. I also use small tables (or a small table and a chair) for the side boards. Could squeeze them on the table but then I'd still need extra space for cards and tokens.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who uses bases for gates, though I also use them for investigators (looks like you have miniatures for them?), monsters, mystery, adventure and rumor tokens. I just much prefer adding a little three-dimensional aspect to the board to make it "pop".

Yeah, I use the Mansions of Madness miniatures (if they fit), otherwise we crack out whatever we can find... A Touch of Evil sometimes works :)

Here's a bunch of pics of mine (my new Mythos deck holder turned up a lot quicker than I thought, given he crawled all the way from Italy). 

EH%252520pics%252520042.jpg

EH%252520pics%252520043.jpg

My GF got me this, which works very nicely I think for these cards:

EH%252520pics%252520040.jpg

And I just use the small box expansions for the rest (on a side-table with Egypt - the brown bag at the top there holds Clue tokens):

EH%252520pics%252520041.jpg

And then there's Cthulhu! I always wanted something special for a Mythos deck holder and in spite of the rather hefty price, I love him (doesn't hold the deck quite as well as I'd hoped, but it's good and stable enough):

EH%252520pics%252520044.jpg

And another one of him, just cos:

EH%252520pics%252520045.jpg

That Cthulhu statue is amazing. Do you have a link to where you bought it?

If you Google 'sota toys cthulhu' you'll come across it. They were made back in 2006 and aren't produced anymore, which makes them rare (and expensive). I got mine from ebay still in its box, but second hand, at a pretty hefty cost of 65 pounds. There were a few others available, but that one was by far the cheapest.

It's actually poseable too - the wings, arms, hands and tentacles move, though sota did also make a proper Cthulhu statue, which looks incredible and is really expensive. Too much so for me anyway, but it's still worth a look just to drool over it.

Thanks Mike

I have just looked on ebay and they are now £120 including postage.

I will carry on looking but TBH as awesome as your Cthulhu is, for that price I would rather pick up the 2 big board expansions first

That Cthulhu statue is amazing. Do you have a link to where you bought it?

If you Google 'sota toys cthulhu' you'll come across it. They were made back in 2006 and aren't produced anymore, which makes them rare (and expensive). I got mine from ebay still in its box, but second hand, at a pretty hefty cost of 65 pounds. There were a few others available, but that one was by far the cheapest.

It's actually poseable too - the wings, arms, hands and tentacles move, though sota did also make a proper Cthulhu statue, which looks incredible and is really expensive. Too much so for me anyway, but it's still worth a look just to drool over it.

This thread is quite inspiring! I actually have that same Cthulhu figure sitting on top of my aquarium! :) 

Zogwort, that seems appropriate. I bet the fish just love him :)

And in case it helps with a little more inspiration, these are some pics of my home-made AO, Rumor, and Mystery holders. I remember looking at the Craftulhu stuff (IIRC) for fancy holders, but the prices were beyond ridiculous. This was a much cheaper, and more satisfying, option.

This one is for the AO:

EH%2Bpics%2B046.jpg

Piece on the left is for mysteries and the other for a Rumor:

EH%2Bpics%2B048.jpg

And another Rumor holder, plus a piece on the right which I only really made to complete the backdrop :) although it occasionally serves to hold ongoing mythos cards:

EH%2Bpics%2B047.jpg

They're just clay, painted black and glossed and they were incredibly easy to make. It's basically just a bunch of tentacle shapes slapped together.