Sign in to follow this  
Qpublik

Max attack dice, more than 5?

Proton Rockets on a ship with 3 or more Agi throw 5 on their own

Adv Proton Torpedoes throw 5

Take either of those, add Opportunist and a friendly Jan Ors.

Now, you're throwing 7 dice on a single attack. This is sufficient to 1-shot a Firespray with the OG damage deck.

(Using Brath, Clusters, Opportunist, and a friendly Fleet Officer with the NEW deck lets you double-tap a Decimator. Its ship's attacks for the round, even though its technically 2 attacks).

Zero to Hero Award: Green Squadron Pilot: From 2 primary to 7 with prockets, opportunist, jan and PTL for target lock and focus (need wingman to remove the stress from PTL though)

Runner Up: Having a lowly TIE Fighter unloading 6 dice in your face: Mauler with opportunist at range 1 and Youngster with expose nearby.

Edit:

Forgot N`Dru with opportunist, stealth device and prockets, also 7 dice

Edited by Jiwestone

This isn't exactly a rules question... but...

Miranda w/APT + Jan HWK or any EPT X-Wing with Opportunist w/APT + Jan HWK are both 7-dice attacks if you can line them up.

I was torn between posting in the squad list section or this one. It really seems to cover both, what are good ship combos and what abilities allow you to circumvent the standard rule of attack dice. Eventually I just chose this section. :unsure:

Wow, even 7 dice! And I have some of those combos. I will definitely try something out this weekend in my store championship. Probably the Miranda & Jan combo.

Thanks for all the info. It really helps out a newer player. 

Could you get 8 attack dice from an A-wing? 5 dice for prockets and an extra from expose and opportunist and then an extra dice from Jan ors in a support ship.

Could be nasty but pretty situational

Plus you need a focus and you can't focus and expose at the same time without PtL.

I was thinking of adding EI but as expose wouldn't work on prockets its a bit of a mute point

I'm thinking the most consistent 7 die attack comes in wave 8. Ghost, expose, range 1, Jan Ors and that's a repeatable performance every turn you're all alive and range 1. It's 'only' 6 dice consistently at other ranges.

This makes me wonder why you wouldn't want to expose your zero agility Ghost... Nevermind having Jan Ors out there, using just Exposed + EI gives you consistent 5 dice and a 6 dice attack at range 1.

Statistically if you attack with a Ghost, per your example, at range 1 and it has EI for focus + exposed you have an 80.11% chance to hit a Stealth Deviced, Focus + Evaded Soontir Fel (expected number of hits: 1.84). If he doesn't have that stealth device your odds jump to a 90.61% chance to hit (expected number of hits: 2.40).

Just using Exposed + EI on a Range 2 attack against a 3 agility ship with focus and evade:

EI for Focus or Target Lock: 62.43% chance to hit. EI for Focus (and already had Target Lock): 91.70% chance to hit.

5 base attack with minimal drawback sounds like a good usage of points to me!

Edit: expected number of hits = expected number of hits to not be canceled by defense dice

Edited by ZealuxMyr

At the risk of establishing myself as the official party-pooper of this thread: none of the Ghost pilots have an EPT slot, so Expose won't be an option.

I noticed this this morning when I went into my squad builder to see what kinda shenanigans I could actually pull off... Talk about a feeling of "doh!"

At the risk of establishing myself as the official party-pooper of this thread: none of the Ghost pilots have an EPT slot, so Expose won't be an option.

That is actually a relief because expose ghost felt pretty crazy.

Even though my party has been pooped on:

Jan Ors

HWK-290

Cool Hand

Twin Laser Turret

Nien Nunb

"Chopper"

VCX-100

"Zeb" Orrelios

Ghost Title

Ezra Bridger

Attack Shuttle

Push the Limit

Twin Laser Turret

Phantom Title

"Chopper" can still crash into enemy ships, give them a stress token, and attack them for 5 dice + 1 from Jan Ors. I tried to fit too many ships into this build and I know it.