Sign in to follow this  
The_Brown_Bomber

Bobba Fett + Kavil + Syndicate Thug

im back playing after a few months break... just in time for the wave8 goodness!

here is a SCUM list I'm tinkering with...

100 pts

Boba Fett + VI + Tactician + Engine Upgrade (42)

Kavil + TLT (30)

Syndicate Thug + TLT (24)

its a tight list with not much wriggle room. If i downgrade kavil to a syndicate thug i have 6pts to play around with... possibly a hull upgrade on each Y-Wing, or unhinged astromechs and 4 more points for tinkering with Bobba. I have seen gunner used on him and thats pretty strong... i just like the stress giving offered by tactician which is a catchall card but especially useful vs Soontir Fel and brobots... both fairly common in my area.

feel free to offer suggestions and feedback on the list.

Edited by The_Brown_Bomber

Boba Fett w/ VI, tactician, engine & glitter = 48

Its a very powerful build and I've used it a bit.  The glitterstim gives boba a little extra durability if he gets blocked or is facing down a bunch of shots (especially if you were able to get an evade token)

Kavil w/ predator & twin laser = 33

This is a bit pricey, but its a fairly accurate gun with the potential to punch through autothrusters on a regular basis.  Unfortunately, its a bit expensive and not terribly durable...

Running those two together in the same list doesn't really work out, since there's nothing good at 19 points to compliment them :(

So, I would drop one or the other and build the list around the remaining guy.  For example, if you stick with Boba, you can take a pair of thugs w/ Twin laser + R4 agromechs.  If you stick with Kavil, he needs some way to avoid getting ganked.  Palob is a nice compliment (being equally scary)

Palob w/ predator, twin laser & moldy crow = 32

Together, you would have 35 points left.  Lots of different options here.  A trandoshan slaver springs to mind.  Hell, even Talonbane Cobra can work in this range (risky though).  Or a binayre pirate + cartel marauder (leaving 3 points for recon spec on Palob).  Or, if you like Scyks, you can take one of my favourite builds: Tansarri Point Vet w/ predator, title, HLC & hull = 32 (leaves 3 points for recon spec on Palob).

Edited by blade_mercurial

i guess the question is... is it worth it to take kavil over simply using a second syndicate thug, which will leave enough points to equip astromechs to each?

Boba Fett + VI + Tactician + Engine Upgrade (42)

plus 6pts remaining for upgrades.