Sign in to follow this  
Sazadek

Lone Wolf is so dificult?

Hi, I'm playing with scum since wave 6, so I see N'dru has a potencial for Lone Wolf, but I can't play with it.

My last casual list is

Xizor: VI,auto,virargo,fcs,inercial.

3x Black Sun Soldier.

N'dru: Lone Wolf,Ion Pulse Missiles.

I try many times to play with N'dru, but on turns were we reach always N'dru stay closer. So, the list is bad? Is hard to play with it?

Edited by Sazadek

Yes, N'Dru must be play with 2 ships. And he must be in the other side of the matt. I usually play he, put him in front of the enemy ships. Moving 1 all the time.

And my other pilots moving to the enemy fast. At the end, N'Dru is the last ship or the first blood of my squadron... It is very difficult and you must move 1 by 1 all the time, there are a lot of moments that you want to move more to enter in the dogfight but in this moment, you'll lost his hability and lone wolf... sure...

I love N'Dru, I Hate N'Dru...

Edited by kurodachi

N'dru is the ultimate support flanker just waiting for a reasonably priced scum closer (read: arc dodger, regenerator, or damage mitigator - something that will win you the game if the enemy leaves it till last) to help mess with their Targeting priority.

The Scyk and the StarViper both got made ... wrong. Everything else has been a jousting brawler aside from IG-88, who prefers having a lot of space to fly while N'dru would rather he stayed clear.

We'll see if Dengar can't end up a SuperDash, or maybe extra-agressive Han.

Till then? He's an excellent ship waiting for the right wingmen.

Mini swarms are not that wingmen.

Edited by Reiver

Yeah it's tricky if you go in with the rest of your ships you get no benefit but if you take the long route your not contributing for the first few turns and you may end up arriving too late.

And let's face it headhunters Arnt hard to kill.

Yeah it's tricky if you go in with the rest of your ships you get no benefit but if you take the long route your not contributing for the first few turns and you may end up arriving too late.

And let's face it headhunters Arnt hard to kill.

N'dru with Lone Wolf, Glitterstim and Cluster Missiles (and Guidance chips when they're released) can setup a very nasty attack. 2 4-dice attacks with re-roll and Glitterstim, plus defensive modification. Even if you end up in front of the enemy squadron, chances are very high that he will survive long enough to shoot and potentially take something off the board in one salvo. With Chips, you can very easily get 4 hits on each shot, unless the dice completely betray you.

Added bonus is that the enemy can't afford to ignore him, so he takes some pressure off the rest of your force.

Try this:

Most people start him opposite their main force. This is a mistake imo. Start him directly next to them, facing perpendicular, and spread apart on your approach.

If they start separate, then during your approach, they've already converged by the time you meet the enemy, and you'll hey maybe one turn out of his abilities before you have to reposition. If you begin together, separate, and then reconvene, I have discovered I can always get more turns out of it.

I either use N'dru with Lone Wolf, Glitterstim and Cluster Missiles OR

Crack Shot, Glitterstim, and Homing Missile. Lone Wolf makes him much more survivable, but that 5-dice, almost certain all hit with Guidance Chips and Stim with taking away an evade result is a devastating blitzkrieg assault.

I've actually seen a build very similar to this one work just fine, and N'Dru is an alpha force not to be messed with when executed correctly. The difference in the list was no dampeners on Xizor and instead use cluster missiles on N'Dru (he boosts both attacks to 4 dice).Like costi noted, you want to setup N'Dru where he will flank the enemy, by either setting him up perpendicular your swarm and swinging him out wide, or starting him in a corner away from the swarm. If you're playing against some potent ships with PS7 or below (such as IGs), I would recommend starting N'Dru out on the edge; you'll immediately be making your opponent decide between the swarm and N'Dru, and N'Dru will almost always get to unleash the payload.

I've run N'Dru with a similar list to the one in the OP. I had Binyare Pirates instead of the Black Sun Soldiers so I had a couple of extra points to spend on N'Dru.

I've played him with both Lone Wolf, Glitterstim, and Cluster Missiles and also with Crackshot, Glitterstim, and Homing Missile. I think I preferred the version with Homing Missile. The thing I don't like about Lone Wolf on N'Dru is that it makes him extremely dependent on keeping his distance from his allies. A homing missile fired with Glitterstim and Crackshot is still nasty even if you decide that you want to fly N'Dru closer in with the rest of your squad.