Sign in to follow this  
ozmodon

Price check on aisle 5

Can we please just have fun. The thought of coming here is almost becoming depressing wondering who's going to be complaining about what. Let's start having more fun and coming up with fun positive ideas... For example.. In non turnament games have each player rolls 4 attack dice. Every hit is an asteroid and everything critical is a debris field... Easy and fun.

The OP does have a point though. Speculation on Wave 10 and Wave 8 isn't in our hands yet. That's just an example of the lack of patience some exhibit.

As for some of the "fixes" mentioned in other threads that's another thing entirely. EPTs taking a 1/2 slot is a new one that comes to mind. I get it. You come up with a build that's 101 points that seems AMAZING but it's over the max. You have threads that fuel the over priced upgrade debate like the current "Price Check" ones.

The same observations can be made about the almost unending list of threads criticizing the PWTs until the TLTs came out. Then the complaints about the TLT Y-wings. And "fixes" for those. At times it seems all the new topics are "How fix" this or "That's OP", etc. Maybe FFG should start a sub forum entitled B###h and Fix. That way those of us that tire of the moaning could just ignore a whole sub forum.

I understand, from a business standpoint, the previews and teasers for each wave but I almost wish they'd just announce the wave and due date and keep the rest a surprise. But that would just add to the speculation.

I hope the price check threads aren't coming across as complaints. I thought it would be interesting (to me at least) and maybe even useful (to the developers) to try to take a snapshot of the current meta. New players might have no idea why Ten Numb is maybe not the best B-Wing pilot to pile a lot of points on.

I can only chuckle that I'm being called out for not posting things that are fun enough. I guess you weren't around for my posts on adding mobile asteroids and mines, 150pt zone-control dogfights, a Death Star trench run scenario, X-Wing racing, funky leagues, campaigns and missions, and alternate squadbuilding rules.

I love playing this game casually and competitively. I just think we're leaving a lot of the game unplayed in the pursuit of efficiency, which could be easily remedied by simply cutting or adding a point here or there.

Edited by DagobahDave

I get it. You come up with a build that's 101 points that seems AMAZING but it's over the max.

I HATE it when that happens! IT WAS SO PERFECT!!!!!!

It's things like this that make me think FFG really does have a good grasp on what they do. I'm sure that everyone can point out stuff that doesn't work like we think it should or ships that need help but we're looking at a very small part of the game. The designers are dealing with future waves. They have to deal with creep and try to keep it under control. I believe that this lack of foresight is one of the reasons that 40K got so screwed up.